• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Truth or Tell

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Alright, this is a story/background I created for my character, Kemine Joshua Salone. If you visit my art, you've prolly seen her before. She's a simple, yet complex character. Anyways, I had originally done this for a competition for Gaia, and well, I didn't finish it till recently though it was due way back in Dec. Oops, my bad. Anyways, decided to share it with you. C'mon, ya should feel special!!
biggrin.gif

Chapter One

“Hey! You come back here with that!” Footsteps, light rapid ones, pounded the cement. Heavier and grungier footsteps followed it. Footsteps that owned shoes. Footsteps that belonged to the gruff voice.

My blue eyes searched the road, curious about whom the sounds belonged to. A little boy flew around the corner of the building that I was perched upon. He looked no more than five, but he had nearly passed the place where I was crouched when a heavyset man appeared, his hand holding a long butcher’s knife, his greasy body huffing as he hurried after the child. “Kid, you’re gonna pay for that apple!”

I shot up from my perch and started racing along the brick rooftops. I glanced down for a mere second, taking note that I was only in between the two on the road. I had to go farther and faster than the little boy still.

I turned back to the front just in time to see the rooftop end, leading into a six-foot wide gap. I grinned and leaped as my right foot caught the edge and pushed off, giving me an extra boost. I wasn’t heavy nor big, just small and light, but even for someone with long legs like mine, jumping a six-foot gap was a big job, especially with a two-story drop below me.

I landed lightly on the other roof, spending less than a moment crouched on the edge before shooting off again, my bare feet taking me along. I looked down. I was ahead! Finally. I reached in one my belt’s pouches and grabbed my boomerang and flipped the blade up. I jumped and started taking a few slight leaps down the wall. It propelled me ahead of the kid, and landed facing him.

“Kid, give me the apple,” I commanded. His surprised face seemed to vacillate between obeying and running. The sound of footsteps behind him, however, made up his mind for him.

“Here, take it, I didn’t want it anyway,” he snapped as he tossed the apple to me. I caught it deftly with my left hand, my boomerang still in my right, and grinned. He dashed off, his brown eyes noting the blade. I walked up to the man. He was twice as big as I was, both in height and width.

“Here,” I offered, “I believe this belongs to you.” I held out the now-bruised apple. He shook his head reluctantly.

“Keep it,” he replied. I raised my eyebrow. “We need people like you around here.” He started looking at me closer, taking in my bare feet and slightly grungy blue jeans and green shirt. “’Sides, you look like you need it.” I blushed as he walked away. True, I wasn’t rich and I didn’t have a home but I kept myself as tidy as one could on the streets. I stared at the apple as my stomach grumbled. I grimaced and thought of the boy. I could miss another meal, I’ve done it before.

I turned and headed toward the alley I’d seen the kid run down. I put the boomerang away, flipping the blade down and making it as safe as possible. I found the boy scrounging around in a garbage can. I tapped on his shoulder after plastering a smile on my face.

He spun, his grungy face staring straight at mine. I tossed him the apple. It passed him and landed in the mud and he didn’t even flinch. I frowned, annoyed. “Hey, I brought you that; you didn’t have to let it fall.” I crossed my arms. The kid sniffed and his face turned dark and stony. “Talk about ungrateful,” I muttered, furious that he wouldn’t take it. Talk about a waste of my time indeed, not to mention good food.

Ten minutes later found me in the local bar. Okay, it was a local family bar, everyone was welcome and everyone came, from the youngest child to the old geezer downtown. I usually stopped by to see what scrap of work I could pick up and do in exchange for a decent meal.

Today turned out differently though.

((Sorry if this seems rushed a little. I had intentionally only wanted the story to take up about 2-3 notebook pages, it turned into about 14some pages and ten typed ones. <_< Not my fault. It does take a little extra time, and she does get to thinking. Right now, well, it's kinda just getting you into the story. Think of it as a hooker, and it won't say all. The story is for saying all. Constructive criticism is encouraged and allowed, and please read it. Also, if you read, please post. I'd really like that. So, Enjoy! and have fun. Oh, I won't post without an update.))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back