• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

12/30 - Unchained χ ENG Update: New Year's Event

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Year-End Celebration Event!
img

■ Event Period 
Dec. 30, 2016 12:00 a.m. to Jan. 2, 2017 11:59 p.m. (PT) 
Dec. 30, 2016 8:00 to Jan. 3, 2017 7:59 (UTC)

■Event Details 
★Celebrate the New Year with this special year end event! 
 ・There are 4 quests in total with random enemies waiting inside! 
 ・Defeat the enemies and complete challenges to earn great rewards such as Jewels and Magic Mirrors!

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Re: 12/30 - Unchained ? ENG Update: New Year's Event

Currently running through these and I swear the Advanced one is broken. I've gone over every bit of the map I can reach and there's only 4 Huge Fireworks on the map. Ran along edges, physically tread every bit of map just in case, nada. And there's supposed to be up to 7, with 5 being needed for 1 of the Jewel Rewards. If they made a free jewel reward freaking luck based depending on more than 4 spawning, there will be hell to pay because that is lower than not releasing M&B here.

EDIT: 2 more runs and my suspicions are confirmed. Whether or not more than 4 show up is based on luck, as my latest run had 2 more of them, but not a full 7. That. Is. [Insert String of preferred expletives here]!!!

Last edited:

Chickenme

I must say I was expecting something more (like Ariel's HSC and a guilt event), but I guess 600 free jewels isn't bad. I really like the new heartless tho, the combination of colors ir really nice.

Also, idk if it's just me, but the 4th mission gives my phone a bit of lag ·-·

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I'm a bit mad about this being luck-based, too.
I also don't stand a chance to get the magic mirrors in the last mission. I just can't do enough damage without wasting all my special attack gauges on one enemy.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

SENA is back at it with the impossible daily jewel quests. What in the world. I don't even think the whales could earn these jewels. Every single time I have tried that quest the unavoidable Possessor clusters have inflicted status effects on me.

Also noticed that the amount of enemies that appear in the new year event are RNG. I only have so much AP to attempt. SENA has frustrated me today.

Chickenme

SENA is back at it with the impossible daily jewel quests. What in the world. I don't even think the whales could earn these jewels. Every single time I have tried that quest the unavoidable Possessor clusters have inflicted status effects on me.

It's possible to get past them without having to fight them, I've done it (3rd try tho), if you want, watch this video to see how to avoid the first possessors (don't unmute it because the audio kind of sucks):
the final darkness is nighIn the video she doesn't skip 2 possessors, but it is possible to skip them.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Also noticed that the amount of enemies that appear in the new year event are RNG. I only have so much AP to attempt. SENA has frustrated me today.

Yeah that last new year's quest is stupid but I did manage to 3-Mickey the daily quest. Those Possessor swarms ARE avoidable, and here's proof: Guides for KH:[chi] & KH:Unchained[chi] — rikusem: Daily Jewel Quest for 12/30 bc team...

It takes a lot of care, a lot of attempts, and just a bit of screaming, but it's possible.

DefiantHeart

Awards

Ish actually quite possible, despite looking impossible. There are small crevices between all the swarms that chu can navigate through with a lot of effort. XD I managed to do it third attempt, but now I have to do it again to kill at least two enemies lol.

Currently running through these and I swear the Advanced one is broken. I've gone over every bit of the map I can reach and there's only 4 Huge Fireworks on the map. Ran along edges, physically tread every bit of map just in case, nada. And there's supposed to be up to 7, with 5 being needed for 1 of the Jewel Rewards. If they made a free jewel reward freaking luck based depending on more than 4 spawning, there will be hell to pay because that is lower than not releasing M&B here.

EDIT: 2 more runs and my suspicions are confirmed. Whether or not more than 4 show up is based on luck, as my latest run had 2 more of them, but not a full 7. That. Is. [Insert String of preferred expletives here]!!!

Hmm, so it wasn't just me... ish not a glitch, just luck...lol. I'm thinking SENA had a negative Christmas or something, and are taking it out on us, lol. XD

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

So it is possible. I managed to make it through to almost the end, but then messed up. I don't have any patience for this. In between this and the New year's quests amount of enemies being RNG'd and then the fact that AP is a thing right now, it's just too much.

If AP were not a thing right now I'd be up to the challenge, but it is. I'm aware that I can just close the app while running the quest and it will start me from the beginning without any AP usage, but that's a pain in the butt. I also noticed that doing that method didn't seem to spawn a different number of enemies in the New Year's quests, so it's useless for that. I may be wrong.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I can't even take down one of those LV300 Fireworks dudes. And the 4th quest lags like blazes too. At least there's no jewels in that one...though I would really like those Magic Mirrors... :'(

I least I can be smug about avoiding the Possessor Swarms on the first try. *evil gloating*

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards

Yep, no way I can even come close to beating a Lv. 300 enemy. No way. Got all the others. Ah well. Oh, and I'm still trying to make it through the Possessor swarms. Would have been nice to have that 0AP for this one. At least it's a challenge. I'm up for challenges...well, beatable challenges, not like Lv. 300 enemies. LOL.

Happy New Year, guys and gals.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

Yeah that last new year's quest is stupid but I did manage to 3-Mickey the daily quest. Those Possessor swarms ARE avoidable, and here's proof: Guides for KH:[chi] & KH:Unchained[chi] — rikusem: Daily Jewel Quest for 12/30 bc team...

It takes a lot of care, a lot of attempts, and just a bit of screaming, but it's possible.

just beat it one the second try after seeing that tip. only did it for the jewels though.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Yeah lvl300 is super high, I could barely beat one but 5? 15? Yeah no. Doesn't help at all that it's laggy as heck. Good thing it's magic mirrors and not jewels. Not that I don't like magic mirrors too, but still. I don't mind the dodging challenges and I understand they want to give something special for the whales, but the rng quest was kinda eh. Didn't really like that, not sure why it would be a good idea.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

Level 300 enemies are straight-up impossible for me to beat. Not even concerned with that at all. I'm happy to say I did get the daily jewels quest done. I couldn't fulfill the last objective, but I got all of the jewels, so I'm happy. I'm not used to being able to clear the third objective on any of them.

I also progressed one level in the Colosseum. I had to use Olympia to make it work, of all things (that YouTube guy has a point! Even at the low level I have it at right now, the multiplier is higher than on my Treasure Trove at level 28 or whatever it is at). I'm just crossing my fingers that I stay in the top 10,000. It would be the first time for me.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

I had to use Olympia to make it work, of all things (that YouTube guy has a point! Even at the low level I have it at right now, the multiplier is higher than on my Treasure Trove at level 28 or whatever it is at). I'm just crossing my fingers that I stay in the top 10,000. It would be the first time for me.

Really? Guess I'll have to give Olympia a chance then, I've been completely ignoring it, thanks for sharing the tip :D Good luck with the Coliseum!

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

Really? Guess I'll have to give Olympia a chance then, I've been completely ignoring it, thanks for sharing the tip :D Good luck with the Coliseum!

The way I did it was buff medal (Christmas Sora) + buff medal (100% guilted Maui) + buff medal (Uniform Selphie) + 100% guilted Meowjesty + Minnie. The slot for Meowjesty boosts up to like 2.37% or so at the current level I have the keyblade at.

I just barely scraped by, though. I had to rely on Attack Prize +'s. And even still I'm only at level 54 of tier 11. It's MUCH higher than I've ever gotten, but still not impressive. =/

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards

Radiance, your Treasure Trove blade is at 28? Wow. I really don't know how to play this game. I can't get beyond 23. Sigh.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

Radiance, your Treasure Trove blade is at 28? Wow. I really don't know how to play this game. I can't get beyond 23. Sigh.

Actually it's at 27. I had forgotten exactly which level it was at.

Isn't 23 higher than you had them before? Congrats!

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards

Actually it's at 27. I had forgotten exactly which level it was at.

Isn't 23 higher than you had them before? Congrats!

One was at 23. I've just now been able to update several others. A few...Olympia and Starlight...are lagging behind. I am getting frustrated with having really decent medals, but no ability to move forward with my keyblade Adamantite quests in order to strengthen them. I've been watching some of the videos of Smelly Octopus, but he isn't really a F2P player. He has fully guilted premium medals. Quite a few of them, and multiples of medals many of us couldn't get even one of, like Jack and Sally. He isn't someone that can help me. Ah well, I continue to play because I still enjoy the game, even with frustrations.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

One was at 23. I've just now been able to update several others. A few...Olympia and Starlight...are lagging behind. I am getting frustrated with having really decent medals, but no ability to move forward with my keyblade Adamantite quests in order to strengthen them. I've been watching some of the videos of Smelly Octopus, but he isn't really a F2P player. He has fully guilted premium medals. Quite a few of them, and multiples of medals many of us couldn't get even one of, like Jack and Sally. He isn't someone that can help me. Ah well, I continue to play because I still enjoy the game, even with frustrations.

He has spent some money on the game. But only really about twice as much as I have (he has spent $70, he claims), which you know, no matter how ridiculous it is to spend that much money on this game, it still won't really help you much unless you're lucky. So he's just about as F2P as I am. We're almost in the same boat, he just has played smarter.

I've always played at "I've collected 3000 jewels, time to pull" (or there was time where I was pulling at 600 jewels) while he has saved up jewels to pull enough from one campaign to get the guaranteed premium. That's how he got Illustrated Kairi.

That's not to say this is fair. One shouldn't have to play the game exactly like he does (and has since the beginning) to get the success he has without spending a fortune. But it is what it is. He has showed it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back