• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Quinton Flynn (Axel/Lea) Shares Sea Salt Ice Cream Recipe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Anyone who has played Kingdom Hearts II or Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days understands the importance of Roxas, Xion, and Axel spending time together on the Twilight Town clock tower eating ice cream. It's a break from their work where the three of them can sit down and talk as friends. They build relationships and trust through this simple act of sharing, and long for the days when they can get together and share again.

Quinton Flynn, voice actor for Axel/Lea, shared his own recipe for Sea Salt Ice Cream so you can make some for yourself this summer!

Quinton Flynn, Twitter

You will need:

• 2 mixing bowls (or fairly sized normal bowls)
  • A whisk (electronic or normal)
  • Popsicle moulds (Ice cream moulds, ice lolly moulds)

Ingredients:

• 2 eggs
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 1/3 of a cup of sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of whipping cream (It can be heavy or you can use normal whipping cream, take note that it's NOT whipped cream, but whipping cream!)
  • Sea Salt

If you'd like to try colour your ice creams, try blue food colouring! (It should give it the colour somewhat)

Instructions:

1. To start, separate the egg yolk and egg whites into two bowls and beat the egg whites until fluffy/stiff.
  2. Pour the sugar into your egg yolk bowl and mix until thick.
  3. Pour 2 cups of milk into a pan and slowly bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
  4. Pour the hot milk into your yolk and sugar mixture slowly, do it bit by bit, and mix well.
  5. Pour your milk, yolk and sugar mixture back into the pot and heat on medium until it has the thick consistency of custard, please do not boil the mix while you're doing this.
  6. Pour your mix in with the beaten egg whites and mix well.
  7. Now this part is important, adding the sea salt, again, add it bit by bit, you don't want to make yourself sick because of the amount of salt you've put in. So heres what I'd do, I'd put some salt into the mix, give it a stir and then give the mixture a taste (it is fine to taste the mixture, it won't make you sick!) when you feel like you can taste both a salty AND sweet taste, you can put your mixture into a fridge to cool, I left mine in the fridge for 3-5 hours, so check around those times.
  8. Once cooled and out of the fridge, add your whipping cream (Just note you have to whip the cream yourself! Put it into a bowl and mix until it is like whipped cream!) vanilla extract, and colouring to your mixture. After you've done that, put your mixture into your moulds (preferably with popsicle sticks, plastic or just wood) and put them in the freezer
  9. I'd suggest waiting 2-4 hours (or longer, if you feel it needs more time) for it to settle.
  10. When it's nice and settled, I'd normally get a pan of warm water ready and slowly insert a mould in (Not all the way though!!) this will help make it easier for it to release from the mould, or you could take them out of the freezer and leave them to cool before trying to free them. (But I prefer the first choice)

And there you go! A lovely sea salt ice cream to share with your friends!

"If only Roxas or Xion were here..."

Will you be trying out your own home made Sea Salt Ice Cream this summer?

Xagzan

Awards
I dig how much some of these VAs (Quinton, Ben Diskin, Richard Epcar) seem to have fun with their parts in this series.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
One distant summer past when I was a nerdy teen I made Sea Salt Ice Cream with a couple of friends and we ate it while sitting on the roof of a building overlooking the local park at sunset, and to this day my friend who doesn't even play any of the games remembers that and talks about how delicious and magical the ice cream tasted. It's one of those pretty much perfect memories.

So yeah if you're one of those people who enjoys salty and sweet things it's totally worth a shot. Kinda cute that Flynn put this up; always nice to see Western VAs recognize their fandoms.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Aw, this is great. I also adore how some of the VAs are pretty involved (is that the right word?) with their role. I'll definitely try this!

moonstar_xo

My friends and I have been making this for years. It's a fun little tradition we have (because we're all big KH nerds for the most part lol). It never comes out QUITE right but it always tastes really good!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Aww! It's so sweet that he did this. (No pun intended.) And the last part about Roxas and Xion was especially great.

My chef friend has actually made sea salt ice cream for me and some of our other friends twice now (once even for a surprise birthday party that they did for me!), and it's always so great.

So I recommend anyone who wants to, to give it a try. And with Axel writing it, it has to be the perfect recipe for the stuff. Right?:)

I really loved the way Quinton Flynn wrote the instructions, too. That part about testing how much sea salt you want by tasting it a little bit at a time in the batter--and how he said doing that won't make you sick, because they always say that you don't want to eat raw eggs--cracked me up for some reason... No pun intended again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back