• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Diamond Select to release Kingdom Hearts Minimates and Q&A

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

In November, Diamond Select Toys announced that their KINGDOM HEARTS series will be expanding with a minimates collection.

A Diamond Select Toys release! One of the most popular video game franchises of all time is joining the Minimates family! The 2-inch mini-figure line that brought fans the highly popular Nightmare Before Christmas series will jump back into the world of Disney, with three new two-packs: Sora with Donald, Mickey with Goofy, and Space Paranoids Donald with Tron! Each mini-figure features fully interchangeable parts and 14 points of articulation, as well as character-appropriate accessories, including Keyblades, identity discs and more! Each 2-pack comes packaged on a full-color blister card. (Item #NOV172432, SRP: $9.99 each.)

Series one of the minimates will be coming in 2018. Diamond Select also answered a few KINGDOM HEARTS related questions in a recent 'Ask DST' blog post:

Matthew C.
For the Kingdom Hearts line, will we be getting Riku, Kairi and Terra? What are the chances of getting a new Axel from DDD?

DSTChuck: Right now, we have roughed in the character list for five series of figures, so as long as there is fan support and Disney likes the list, we’re going to at least go well through 2018 with this line. As for who we cover, I can’t say for sure right now.

Michael A.
Hey DST! I have been collecting the Marvel Selects for a few years and now i am loving your new Kingdom Hearts line! My question is about those. I know we just got Wave 2 announced, but i wanted to know if you guys had any plans (if even the license) to do the Final Fantasy series characters in their KH appearances? Especially Cloud and Leon. Thanks!

DSTChuck: We are keeping information like that close to the vest, as the situation with Disney changes often. BUT as of now, no, we do not have rights to those two characters.

Jeremiah J.
Hello, I am a big fan of the DST Kingdom Hearts figures. The announced series 2 lineup sounds great! I note that the Disney characters being released so far are all Mickey centric and from that line of characters (Mickey, Pluto, Donald, Goofy, Pete, Chip/Dale). Will Other Disney characters be made in this line beyond Mickey and his Pals? Disney movie specific characters (like the Maleficent and Jafar that were sculpted and on display at Toyfair)? Thank you!

DSTChuck: We are going to do as many of the characters in the game as we are allowed, and as sales supports. Including game-only characters, world-specific versions and Disney on-model looks.

Diamond Select recently released their first series of KINGDOM HEARTS minimates, which featured Sora, Donald, Goofy, Mickey Mouse, and Birth by Sleep Mickey Mouse. They also announced the second series (out of the proposed five) of their figures, which includes Pete, Goofy, and Aqua, as well as series two of their minimates collection.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Diamond Select to release Kingdom Hearts Minimates and Q&A

Huh, I may at least get the Donald and Tron pack...I didn't get the Funkos of them so I'd like something lol. Also its nice to get Tron himself.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

That Sora is...
hideous.
It's like...okay, artistic choices in terms of design, I can somehow understand Dolan, Gooby and Tron, but Mickey and especially Sora....Glad for anyone who enjoys them, though. xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

That Sora is...
hideous.
It's like...okay, artistic choices in terms of design, I can somehow understand Dolan, Gooby and Tron, but Mickey and especially Sora....Glad for anyone who enjoys them, though. xD
I got the Birth by Sleep Mickey Mouse Vinimate and he's actually a lot better in real life than he is in the pictures. His build is sturdy and he looks very well done. I do think his legs in the Minimates are a bit extreme but I understand why they did it.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Donald, Goofy, and Tron are great, Sora is...meh, it's fine.

And Mickey is...

9RAT6SZ.png

Sonicfan2525

Awards

I like the vinimates, but these look rough. Poor Mickey is straight up nightmare fuel. That said, I am sure they will look better in person, and I really would like to see TAV in this style.

Caxinuld

Awards

They look like Mega Blocks. They look like character models created in Roblox. This Japanese pre-order exclusive figure from 15 years ago looks better than what the US is getting. Hopefully, by the time they get released, they'll look better in person.
Sora1.jpg

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

*a 7 foot tall mickey, striking down the last of the organization*
”sorry xehanort, but its leg day”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back