• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Diamond Select Toys Answer Questions About Kingdom Hearts Action Figure Line

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Diamond Select Toys have been hard at work on their Kingdom Hearts line up of action figures. Alongside the recently leaked Series 1.5, and the previously confirmed Series 2, DSTChuck has answered a few questions about the line of action figures.

From Ask DST #385:

Jeremiah J.
Hello, I just saw the Kingdom Hearts Series 2 listing and I couldn’t pre-order fast enough! Upon closer inspection of the figures I had a few questions:
1) How tall is Pete? Is he going to be a larger figure? 
2) It appears that Pete, Donald and Goofy have no elbow articulation. Are these prototypes? Is articulation being added? 
3) Will Pete’s legs have articulation? Will they be able to move back and forth? 
4) No weapons were shown, but previously it was announced that Donald would have a mage staff, Goofy a shield, Roxas the Oathkeeper keyblade, and Aqua the Rainfell Keyblade, is that still the case? 
A lot of questions, I apologize. Keep up the good work!

DSTChuck: 
1) Pete is pretty big, I would say he is about 7 inches. 
2) They are prototypes, but Goofy will not have elbow articulation.
3) Yes, Pete’s legs are articulated in production.
4) The figures will come with some weapons. They’re hard to pose with the prototypes, due to the materials used. Hopefully we will have more flexible production samples we can shoot soon.
Keep the questions coming — it just means you care about the line!

From Ask DST #383:

Huston P.
With the success of the Kingdom Hearts line (they are incredible!) Will you be making a Donald, Goofy, and King Mickey? This would be amazing! 
Infinity War is coming up next year along with two other amazing movies. Would you guys consider giving us a movie accurate Thanos? This would be every collectors dream. In addition to this, would it be possible to get a Wasp from the movie? These would be two figures that well sellout like crazy.
On another note, will ever see Pirates figures possibly come out from you guys? I know that there were issues with the two from earlier this year. I just hope there might be a way.
Thank you for doing amazing things!

DSTChuck: 
It is our hope to develop a massive universe of characters for Kingdom Hearts – this is a line we’ve waited years to be able to tackle! For sure we are doing Donald, Goofy and Mickey. We have several figures and Gallery PVCs planned for both Avengers 3 and A4. Not 100% sure what we will be doing for Ant Man and Wasp yet, but I am confident we will do something. 

I really, honestly do not know what the future of the Pirates figures will be… we had high hopes.

Diamond Select also previewed the upcoming Series 2 of action figures and Series 2 of the Vinimates Vinyl Figures:

Kingdom Hearts Select Action Figures Series 2 Asst.
A Diamond Select Toys Release! It’s time to return to the Kingdom! The second series of Kingdom Hearts Select Action Figures brings fans new, beloved Disney characters as well as characters created for the Kingdom Hearts series of games! Three sets of figures arrive in Series 2, including Roxas with Donald Duck and Goofy, Pete with Chip and Dale and a Soldier, and Aqua with Goofy in his Birth By Sleep Outfit! Action figures range from 2 to 7 inches tall and feature multiple points of articulation. Each set comes packaged in the display-ready Select action figure packaging with side-panel artwork. Sculpted by Oluf W. Hartvigsen! (Item #SEP178688, SRP: $24.99/ea.)

Kingdom Hearts Vinimates Vinyl Figures Series 2
A Diamond Select Toys Release! The toy story continues! The Vinimates line dives deeper into the world of Kingdom HEarts with three new 4-inch vinyl figures based on the hit video game series. Organization 13 Mickey Mouse, in his black coat, is joined by his old rival Pete, as well as Tron in his Tron-style outfit from Space Paranoids! Each figure is sculpted in the block-figure style, striking a pose inspired by the game. Each comes packaged in a full-color window box. 
Org. 13 Mickey Vinyl Figure (Item #JAN182365, SRP: $9.99)
Pete Vinyl Figure (Item #JAN182366, SRP: $9.99)
Space Paranoids Sora Vinyl Figure (Item #JAN182367, SRP: $9.99)

Don't forget to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Caxinuld

Awards
They are prototypes, but Goofy will not have elbow articulation.
I can understand Knight Goofy not having elbow articulation, his right arm is too thin to have a strong elbow joint built into it and it's just weird to give one arm articulation, but not the other. On the other hand, it's disappointing to see that the Default Goofy is going to have no elbow articulation. Most of the other figures also look like they're not going to be very posable with their arms since I don't see any elbow joints on Pete. Aqua and Donald also looks like are going to be the least articulated if you exclude the Soldier Heartless, Chip and Dale. Aqua doesn't have knee joints and there is no way they could add knee articulation to Donald's legs.

I've never been a big fan of the Vinimates at all, their first wave didn't impress me with them looking like they're straight out of Roblox and these new figures/statuettes aren't appealing to me. At least the name of the Mickey figure is the best part, I love the implication that he gave in to the darkness, became a Heartless and left a Nobody behind to build Kingdom Hearts as a double agent working for Organisation XIII while he sets up Sora to slaughter more Heartless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back