• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 is this month's PlayStation Official Magazine cover story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Get your wallets ready! Issue #147 of Official PlayStation Magazine - UK has hit stores and the cover story is none other than Kingdom Hearts 3!

Featuring the renders of the monster forms of Sora, Donald, and Goofy alongside Monsters Inc.'s very own Sulley and Mike, the magazine contains an 8 page spread on the recent information divulged from D23 Japan last month!

The magazine recaps a lot of the information that was revealed at D23. The story opens with the Monsters Inc reveal, and how the gameplay works in this world. They touch upon the new look for the main trio of characters (seen above), as well as the new Keyblade Transformations, Quick Claws and Twin Yo-Yos, as well as how Boo might be used as a weapon thanks to her Laugh Power.

After that, they discuss how Rapunzel and Flynn from Tangled are seen for the first time. Even though Tangled was revealed in 2015, it wasn't until now that Director Tetsuya Nomura felt comfortable with Rapunzel's hair and the physics behind it. They discuss how Rapunzel uses her hair in combat and traversal, as well as that worlds Keyblade Transformation, the Mirage Staff transformation, can be used as a standard weapon, but also as a way to conjure a tower to deal massive damage. Ariel, from The Little Mermaid, is touched upon as her role as a summon, and Playstation Official Magazine theorises this means that Atlantica will not be a world in this game.

The other world shown off at D23 was Toy Story. The magazine goes in detail on the Attaction Flow attack, Mad Tea Cups, as well as the Rocket Ruckets link attack that is used in the boss fight against the Zurg-themed Heartless spaceship.

Meow Wow and other Dream Eaters make their return in a link attack that lets you bounce around on Meow Wow's back. Playstation Official Magazine then draws comparison between the gameplay in Dream Drop Distance and A Fragmentary Passage and how they influence the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts 3

They reaffirm the development details given at D23. The development of the game is split into three parts. The first, as of February 2018, is 90% complete. The second half is three quarters complete. No details on the third part were given. They also discuss the Gummi Ship and how it will be customisable. Youw ill be able to use this method of transportation between each world in this game, and you will be able to enjoy full 360-degree movement while flying.

The magazine also has a very short recap of the stories of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Birth by Sleep, and Dream Drop Distance, while also teasing Marluxia and Vanitas' appearances in the game. They also have a small blurb on each Disney world that has been announced for the game. There is a blurb on Tangled, Monsters Inc, Hercules, Toy Story, and even Big Hero 6.

We'd like to extend a big thank you to no1BLEACH~KHfan for sending through this information!

The magazine was available in stores in the UK during March and in stores in Australia during April. If you live overseas then you can order the magazine online from My Favourite Magazines.

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 is this month's PlayStation Official Magazine cover story

Awesome. It's cool to see this make the cover and have a feature. Perhaps, we might get lucky and get a sweet render of Marluxia?

Side note: you've also piqued my interest in the Biomutant interview since that game is on mah radar.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Awesome. It's cool to see this make the cover and have a feature. Perhaps, we might get lucky and get a sweet render of Marluxia?

Side note: you've also piqued my interest in the Biomutant interview since that game is on mah radar.
I'll let you know about Biomutant. I'm getting my copy in the next hour.

notnow123487

Awards

I'll let you know about Biomutant. I'm getting my copy in the next hour.

Are we expecting any new info in this or rehash?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Are we expecting any new info in this or rehash?
I'm expecting a rehash of the D23 info.

Unfortunately this months release of the magazine in Australia is a cover story on Yakuza 6 with no mention of KH3 at all. Next month is Vampyr, so KH3 seems exclusive to the UK edition.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I'm disappointed Mike isn't covered up by the Yakuza 6 headline.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm disappointed Mike isn't covered up by the Yakuza 6 headline.
Sign has you covered:

DYOFIzdW4AEp4YA

Anyone who is in the UK and gets a hold of this magazine please PM me!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Sign has you covered:

DYOFIzdW4AEp4YA

Anyone who is in the UK and gets a hold of this magazine please PM me!
Perfection.

Thank you Sign!
giphy.gif

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com

Sign did an excellent job in editing that UK cover, LOL!!! :D

Never bought the magazine before but i may have to now!!

Edit: I just got it, people should be happy to note one of mikes pictures was covered by a red dead redemption case

nope sorry no render of Marly there is mention of him though

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards

Seeing KH3 in an official magazine outside of Famitsu or any other Japanese publication is honestly one of the more hype and nostalgic feelings. It makes it all the more real, ya know?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

OP has been updated with information about what is discussed in the magazine. Big thanks to no1BLEACH~KHfan for sharing this information with us!

luuizhenriquem

Awards

I'm excited... It's nice that they are keep the game in the media in some way.

LeXaraf

So nice !!
I lake the way that they used to change the style of KH Logo to Monster, Inc. :biggrin:

UltimaXOmega

Sounds like Zurg is deconfirmed?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Zurg isn't deconfirmed, they just compared the space ship heartless with Zurg because of similar colours, I guess? Personally I don't think the Spaceship is reminiscent of Zurg. Too many details and colours on it which aren't found on Zurg.

robotman

Hm... I think that the spaceship does sort of match the colour scheme of Zurg. Maybe once you beat it he comes out of the ship and you have a boss fight with him. I doubt it though because the spaceship is a multi-stage fight, so it seems like it might be the final boss of the world. On the other hand I doubt that they'd reveal a final boss of a world like that in a trailer.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see... :tongue:. The anticipation for this game is killing me though, I want it now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back