• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts III Video Goes In-Depth with Toy Story and Hercules Gameplay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix have revealed a new video that highlights how Sora's newest journey will have him journey to new heights and shrunken down to new lows.

In Kingdom Hearts III, Sora will scale the mountains of Olympus to regain his lost strength, while in the Toy Story world he will help Woody and Buzz track down their kidnapped friends. Both worlds feature expansive areas on a scale that has not been previously seen in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union X[cross], Kingdom Hearts III, and all things related to Kingdom Hearts

Awards
I got so excited when I heard that remix of The Deep End. Seems like the music is dynamic to what part of the boss you’re in?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's funny how when using the Jojo-shotlock Sora is taking a page out of Xigbar's book and shooting energy through portals which then gets distributed everywhere on the battlefield.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
I’m so excited that we can switch Keyblades in battle! That wasn’t something I’d even thought of, but it’ll make the variety of combat that much more accessible and seamless!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I’m so excited that we can switch Keyblades in battle! That wasn’t something I’d even thought of, but it’ll make the variety of combat that much more accessible and seamless!

It's probably another FF XV influence Nomura took over into KH III as Noctis can also switch between up to four weapons in-game.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

This is literally the thing I most wanted. I'm a happy camper.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Xigbar: I can bend space and make my bullets bounce off air and shoot through portals.
Sora: Hold my Paopu Juice.

That shotlock looks absolutely crazy and I love it. Also Ralph being in KHIII has been pretty heavily requested, so this is a nice surprise. Looks like his world is the new world for KHUX then. Cool.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
YOU CAN RUN DOWN THE STREETS IN TOY BOX IM SO HAPPY THIS HAS REALLY MADE MY NIGHT

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
MUSIC, YOKO MUSIC! NEW YOKO MUSIC!

Yes thank goodness You Have a Friend in Me is the field theme for the Toy Story world lol. Switching between Keyblades mid-battle is a nice surprise. Everything seemed to flow seamlessly well in combat. The party members seemed simultaneously active but also not doing a lot still, but I assume the settings were doing that? They all did basic melee attacks except one point Goofy was Goofy Tornado-ing.

I like the new "limits" and how they seem much shorter, and I'm glad Donald's is a fun call back to his Flare? spell. I think lol.

Seems like they were using a mix of old clips and maybe new ones for the voices? It was hard to tell, I dunno if I remember Donald and Goofy screaming Titan before, I think not?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
*ogles at the beautifully rendered rocks*

I keep replaying the parts with You've got a Friend in Me playing. Such laid-back field music. <3

I like that Ralph is a Summon in the sense he's in without us having to explore another world from Disney's current movies, but I'm also a little bummed because my dreams of they're first meeting have been crushed.

blank points

Awards
Man, I'm getting really strong Xenogears vibes seeing Sora pilot the robot toys in the Toy Box world. Hearing the You've Got A Friend in Me playing in the background really gave me a strong sense of nostalgia as well. E3 really can't come any faster.

Laurel

Awards
This is a lot to take in but in a very good way. I love all the options we have for gameplay so it doesn't feel repetitive, I love how large everything is and that there's so much exploration, everything just looks great and it's exciting to know that the game is still coming out this year.

Cakeberry

It was kind of jarring hearing DDD clips (especially the 'yeah!' he does because I'm pretty sure he only says that during dives in DDD), but I guess I'll get used to it. The gameplay looked so fun, I seriously can't wait to play it!!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I've heard rumours that John Ratzenberger and Wallace Shawn reprised Hamm and Rex respectively, but Woody and Buzz are voiced by Jim Hanks and Mike MacRae respectively.

Replica

The game is running at 60fps... 0_0
It's probably running on a PS4 Pro. but if it turns out it can hit 60fps on a regular PS4 I would be shocked.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I've heard rumours that John Ratzenberger and Wallace Shawn reprised Hamm and Rex respectively, but Woody and Buzz are voiced by Jim Hanks and Mike MacRae respectively.

I could sorta tell the latter two from the little gameplay clips already lol. So that makes sense, and its what I predicted anyway.

It was kind of jarring hearing DDD clips (especially the 'yeah!' he does because I'm pretty sure he only says that during dives in DDD), but I guess I'll get used to it. The gameplay looked so fun, I seriously can't wait to play it!!

I'm not sure this is how the final game will sound yet though? Like maybe, but it seems weird cuz I think a few of the battle grunts for Sora were new but that was about it? Maybe it was all just old footage they threw together for this demo. So we may get some different sounding stuff soon?

I also noticed Woody, Buzz, and in the Olympus video Goofy repeat the same voice lines over and over lol. So I dunno if they are done yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back