• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua = Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh won't you put the pitchforks and torches aside?! :angry:

Who here didn't expect me to come up with something like that, raise their hands.

Anyhow. Yes. That is my theory.

Xion is, as a matter of fact - not Kairi related, not a Nobody, but is - Aqua herself.

Ways in which this ties in as far as the relation goes

Magic - Xion uses magic. So does Aqua.

Wielding - Xion Wielding the Keyblade.
Fake or not, Xion does have a Keyblade. Unlike Kairi, who didn't own the Keyblade she used in KH2 and that at the time is unknown whether or not she can wield at all - Aqua is a Keyblade apprentice that has her own Keyblade-like weapon - albeit lacking a Keychain. The base being a "fake" - Keychainless - would merit Riku's comment about its lack of authenticity, before dealing with any outside circumstances that would merit it having a Keychain, let alone the KK's.

Purity - Aqua, unlike Kairi, is not a Princess of Heart. She goes through a small hell and has to endure a lot. That would make her - at any point in time after the first Heartless was created - able of becoming a Heartless and casting off a Nobody.
I'd imagine that would also suggest she'd be susceptible to an assorted amount of other processes as well, such as ones possibly needed to turn her into a 14 year old again.

RoA/RoS - Xion's supposed place of birth is somewhere in CO, it would seem, and theorized to be the Room of Awakening. Should this be the case, it ties in directly to Aqua's Armor and Keyblade being in the Room of Sleep.

Xemnas - For starters, Xemnas being the one that brought Xion in instantly kills the entire "only Nobodies are allowed into the Organization". One can argue that Nobodies can sense other Nobodies. One would have to ask then if it applies to ones already wearing the coats, which are known to cover up "scents".
Then we come to the basic fact that even if the rest of the Organization knew (especially with Zexion's puppy nose being shipped away to Castle Oblivion), it wouldn't help them one bit. I'd like to see someone who isn't Marluxia talk back to Xemnas about Xion joining. Keep in mind even Marluxia played nice and wanted to use Sora, instead of taking Xemnas head on.

tl;dr Xemnas's word is law in the Organization. If he said Xion was in, regardless of her being a Nobody or not - she'd be in.

How is the entire mess possible?

Which is the very basis of my theory, in fact.
Recent trailers arguably based the fact that Xion is affected by Sora and/or Roxas' Memories.
I hold that it's so much - it changed her entire appearance.

Basis for possibility

Xehanort's Heartless changed Riku's Body into his own. What counts for a Body's appearance - be it a Nobody or not (which is what I'm saying Xion is), is the Sense of Self. Should Xion's Sense of Self be dictated by Sora/Roxas's Memories, her true appearance won't matter. What matters would be the Memories that rule over her Being.
Her being born anywhere in CO, and especially RoA which would tie in directly to the RoS, would enable for such a bizzare and unusual situation to come to pass. CO is where Memories take on forms. Aqua'd give them something to plant themselves on and thus keep their shape even outside the Castle.

What would this explain?

Wielding - Her wielding the Keyblade with the KK Keychain on it. Aqua, as far as we know, lacked the ability to wield a Keychain. Now she'll get a Keychain not her own but Sora/Roxas's, which already puts it at risk of being "fake", as well as the fact that her base isn't really a Keyblade. Riku should know - he wielded both the Heart Unlocker as well as the Soul Eater.

Age - Riku turned into a man in his late twenties to thirties when Xehanort's Heartless took over. Why can't Aqua go through the same - in reverse? From a young lady, into a 14 year old girl, which is how old Kairi was at the time Sora's Memories got screwed over.

Identity Crisis - Xion's True Memories <strike>(har)</strike> being buried underneath Sora and Roxas's Memories would come to explain her not knowing anything about her true self, save for the supposed apparent visual relation to Kairi. Yet she said herself that her secret was - in a white Room in CO.
Hum.

And now comes the best part.

You said:
But Xion joined before CoM! So she couldn't be affected by Sora's Memories!

I'll start with the somewhat less based counter argument -
Roxas had dreams about Sora when he was still in the Org. As far as I know, we don't know when those Dreams started. They could've started early on, thus making for Sora's Memories to bounce from Sora to Roxas to Xion at rather an early stage, before CoM truly came to pass.

Now the one that makes more sense and also explains the first one, in fact -

Xion, for quite a while, seems to be with her hood on. No one really know what she has hidden underneath the hood, and in fact it seems she has it on until when she comes and talks to Namine - in the White Room in the haunted Mansion, that being - after CoM.
One can conclude that Xion's appearance was a gradual process, which would explain both her hooded self for a while as well as her only Wielding the Keyblade in later parts of the game and not all of it.
The only thing that can debunk this is that she seems 14 year old from the get go, but then we have Xemnas well aware of what she needed to become and starting the process himself somehow, so I don't really care that much about that in the meanwhile.
(C) GA for a great big part of this.

tl;dr Xion is either Aqua herself or her Nobody, transformed by Sora and Roxas's Memories into a Kairi clone, much like XH changed Riku's Body to look like his own.

Discuss.

Last edited:

UnnamedPerson

Awards
Wow that's alot to take In, But not as much as an your Essay, so no big deal here :p I think that it is entirely possible that xion could be aqua, but then why is Days being released before BBS.

The people who haven't watched the trailers or seen the secret ending on FM+ would be asking "Who is Aqua, and what has she got to do with anything?", as they wouldn't know that she is a keyblade weilder, or is someone from before the KH 1 + 2 timelines.

I don't think square would be willing to mention Aqua in any games, before her debut in BBS.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I personally hold that neither Xion nor Aqua would be explained in full until - at earliest - towards the end of Coded, if not KH3 altogether. So Aqua not being introduced by the time Days is released isn't an issue.

peachie

While certainly not as substantial as your evidence, don't Xion and Aqua both hold their keyblades in their left hands? While Kairi is right handed?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
While certainly not as substantial as your evidence, don't Xion and Aqua both hold their keyblades in their left hands? While Kairi is right handed?

Aqua vs. Maleficent footage have Aqua hold her Keyblade in her right hand.
Xion shares Sora and Roxas's battle stance, indicating an affinity to using her right hand.
If anything, they're both ambidextrous, and it is rather substantial if you ask me - but unbased, which is why I didn't bring it up.

A

Azrael

Damn you Rain for posting a credible theory! There's a high possibility of Xion being Aqua's Nobody although her appearance being changed by a third party.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Damn you Rain for posting a credible theory! There's a high possibility of Xion being Aqua's Nobody although her appearance being changed by a third party.

I'm actually saying she's Aqua herself, not her Nobody, but I suppose that doesn't matter all that much in the long run. The point is that she might still be Aqua-related, with that much tying her to Aqua, and the main reason why she supposedly can't be Aqua - being the visual age - being not a reason to rule it out at all.

DarkSoldier85

However, this doesn't explain why Xion uses the KINGDOM KEY, indicating a connection to Sora. Also, when Xion spoke to Riku on DI, Xion said, "Do you hate me for taking away your friends?"

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
However, this doesn't explain why Xion uses the KINGDOM KEY, indicating a connection to Sora.

You didn't read half the things I wrote, did you?
Xion being affected by Sora or Roxas's Memories would merit that she'd get the KK as well by proxy, especially seeing how Keychains are Memory related as well, as far as we're told.
Think about Roxas and how he could use the Oathkeeper and Oblivion thanks to Sora's Memories. It's along those lines.

Also, when Xion spoke to Riku on DI, Xion said, "Do you hate me for taking away your friends?"

What does this have anything to do with this? aside that now that I look at it it further kills the notion that she's Kairi related in a way. But that's just me.

contestimulation

Xion has something to do with plural, or chained/linked together. Nice theory, but I was thinking that Xion was born from Kiari's memories of Aqua ( I think).

Roxas: If Xion and I are special Nobodies. (a translation from KH insider)

I think that Kairi was in CO and her memories caused a (Kiari/Aqua) person/thing to appear and because Kiari has Sora apart of her, Xion would have keyblade powers. I have no idea about Roxas thought.

I don't mind flamage, i just want this to be posted.

Re: Aqua = Xion ---Ordieth

<HR style="COLOR: #e4e4e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e4e4e1" SIZE=1>Sora doesn't have any memories of Aqua; he's never seen her before in his life.

But what about Kiari?????????

Please read that Rain.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Sora doesn't have any memories of Aqua; he's never seen her before in his life.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Xion uses magic? I did not know that.... When was it confirmed?

- Aqua, unlike Kairi, is not a Princess of Heart
How can we know for sure? We've seen Aqua using light-based powers before, so there is a small possiblity.

One can conclude that Xion's appearance was a gradual process, which would explain both her hooded self for a while as well as her only Wielding the Keyblade in later parts of the game and not all of it.

So if Xion's appearance was gradual... what did she look like initially? Did she even have a face?

It's a sensible theory, but I'm still a little fuzzy about the details.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora doesn't have any memories of Aqua; he's never seen her before in his life.

Lol Ven factor.
Not that I'm supporting what the guy said, but we can't just rule it out that easily.

Xion uses magic? I did not know that.... When was it confirmed?

Gameplay footage from before she revealed her face. And even then, in fact, it took a while before we got footage that confirmed she has a Keyblade of her own.

How can we know for sure? We've seen Aqua using light-based powers before, so there is a small possiblity.

Actually, one can argue that in itself is confirmation she's not. I've yet to see a PoH use the Light in that active, let alone offensive manner.
The closest thing we've seen thus far was either Queen Minnie or Roxas - and lo and behold neither is a PoH.

So if Xion's appearance was gradual... what did she look like initially? Did she even have a face?

The theory would force me to say "Aqua" :p but seeing how she looks like Kairi that doesn't get me too far ahead.
As it stands we only know that for a while, she walked around with her hood on.

DarkSoldier85

Think about Roxas and how he could use the Oathkeeper and Oblivion thanks to Sora's Memories. It's along those lines.

However, Roxas basically is Sora, which is why he can use the KK. What you're saying is that Xion is Aqua, not Aqua's Nobody. As far as we know, the KK is that keyblade's basic form, so it most likely can't be replicated by another keyblade.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
However, Roxas basically is Sora, which is why he can use the KK. What you're saying is that Xion is Aqua, not Aqua's Nobody. As far as we know, the KK is that keyblade's basic form, so it most likely can't be replicated by another keyblade.

The fact Sora can change Keychains, and that there are Keychainless Keyblades says otherwise. The basic form would be a Keychainless Keyblade. The KK having a Keychain means that's what dictates its appearance. Thus Roxas has that exact same Keyblade, and by proxy - Xion as well - Sora's Memories leaking to the both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back