• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Could Vanitas Truly Be...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
How Could Vanitas Truly Be Destroyed?

A recurring fact in the series has been that darkness can't be destroyed:

*Riku, even though he defeated Xehanort's Heartless, couldn't rid himself of him until Ansem's machine exploded.

*Master Xehanort said that darkness can't be destroyed.

*Mickey said that you can't have light without darkness.

Thus, HOW could Ven have destroyed Vanitas? Vanitas is nothing more than Ven's darkness. So he can't be FULLY destroyed.

Now I know the symbolism showing he was...Vanitas fading in orbs of light and the station changing. But the station of awakening doesn't show EVERYTHING about someone's heart. Sora's doesn't show every single person he met. It only shows major things, which is why Sora's only shows him and his closest friends. Furthermore, when Sora vanished in orbs of light, he came back (as a Heartless, but even so, he survived).

Thus, Vanitas was NOT destroyed. He was severely weakened so much that he couldn't gain any hold over Ven's heart.

Now I'm aware that he said destroying the X-Blades would destroy their hearts. Yet Ven's survived after the explosion anyway, which means he was wrong. He DID have to become part of Sora's heart, but if Vanitas's statement was true, he wouldn't have even had the chance to find Sora's heart and convince him to join with him.

So there you go...Vanitas has the potential to come back. And I think that he will.

Thoughts? Disagreements?

Fallen Prince

It's Nomura, EVERYBODY comes back....lol. I agree, it's a legit theory being thrown around and doesn't sound bad.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Darkness can be destroyed.
MX was just bullshitting so that Terra would become more malleable.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Idk, even Mickey said that it couldn't.
Mickey just said you can't have light without darkness, he never said darkness couldn't be destroyed.

Besides, Fairy Godmother says right IN BBS that it can, you just can't do it with Light.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Well, Master Eraqus wanted to destroy Ven, so that Vanitas wouldn't have a chance to merge with him and create the X-blade. So, if darkness can be destroyed, can't light? I don't really get what would happen if you are able to destroy one, what would happen to the other and what if you got rid of both? What would the Kingdom Hearts series be like if there was no light or darkness?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Darkness can be destroyed.
MX was just bullshitting so that Terra would become more malleable.

There's no concrete proof that darkness can be destroyed. Chances are any defeated Heartless just go back to the ROD, just like how all the defeated Unversed go back to Vanitas.

Yes, I'm aware MX was trying to mislead Terra, but it may not have been a lie. Xehanort doesn't ALWAYS lie, just look at his reports. And Mickey and others have backed up the concept that darkness can't be destroyed. And if darkness can be destroyed, why did Xehanort's Heartless survive even after Riku wrecked him back in COM?

Radar

Bronze Member
There's a theory that Vanitas' darkness went into Riku. Or maybe he is just in a coma like ven floating around in space or the realm or darkness or something. Who knows. Nomura said there's no such thing as death in KH, rather it's something called "sleep" Correct me if I am wrong.

So the chances of vanitas comming back in my opinion are 50/50.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
how about agreements. good job i never noticed that. now we have a potential reason for vanis return isntead of just that a lot of people liked him.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
There's a theory that Vanitas' darkness went into Riku. Or maybe he is just in a coma like ven floating around in space or the realm or darkness or something. Who knows. Nomura said there's no such thing as death in KH, rather it's something called "sleep" Correct me if I am wrong.

So the chances of vanitas comming back in my opinion are 50/50.

That is a possibility. Though I think it was more so that Xehanort's Heartless crafted the suit for Riku based on his memories of being Master Xehanort (Maleficent didn't give it to Riku, so he must have).

Radar

Bronze Member
I remember reading somewhere in one of the novels or something, when Maleficent looked at Riku in his dark suit, she surprisingly screamed out "YOU!?"

Anyone know where I'm going with this?

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I remember reading somewhere in one of the novels or something, when Maleficent looked at Riku in his dark suit, she surprisingly screamed out "YOU!?"

Anyone know where I'm going with this?

Yeah, I think so. Maybe, Master Xehanort or Xehanort did something to her. Besides, she did mention that she knew Master Xehanort in BBS. So, I'm just curious if she knew him as Apprentice Xehanort?

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Does anyone think it's possible that Vanitas might have split into two parts and went into Sora and Riku?

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
That is a possibility. Though I think it was more so that Xehanort's Heartless crafted the suit for Riku based on his memories of being Master Xehanort (Maleficent didn't give it to Riku, so he must have).

Riku does not encounter Xehanort's Heartless until after his first bout with Sora in Hollow Bastion (in which he sported the darkness suit), therefore Xehanort is unrelated.

All in all though, your theory is pretty much concrete. I am unable to find any loopholes, good job. Darkness cannot be destroyed, therefore Vanitas can still return.

*sighs* Wow...Vanitas Vs. Sora...that would be an awesome fight.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Does anyone think it's possible that Vanitas might have split into two parts and went into Sora and Riku?
No. That doesn't even make sense. Ven's connection with Sora was severed after that, so, why would Vanitas even be able to go into Sora?

And Riku is so far disconnected from Vanitas, I'm not even sure why it entered the mind.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Riku does not encounter Xehanort's Heartless until after his first bout with Sora in Hollow Bastion (in which he sported the darkness suit), therefore Xehanort is unrelated.
Re:Coded reveals that Riku actually met Xehanort's Heartless the night of the storm, and that's how he even made it off the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back