• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D 10th Anniversary Box Contents Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's more of a grim sense of humor since I am sick of the constantly complaining parts of the fanbase. Everything is completely voluntary and SE is not to blame for some people always having too high expectations and directly throw a fit if their wishes are not met.

"Reasonably upset" really depends on the point of view, no one is forced to buy (or order) this box if they don't want to. It's really pretty simple as that.
However, you would think that for 10 years it would be something a little better.
*Don't have the games*
*Don't have a 3DS*

Buying it.
You do know it doesn't come with the 3DS, right?

MadasaHatter

Yea, I'm not really complaining, and honestly I didn't know what to expect, but Square did make it seem like a bigger surprise. And I'm not one of those complainers fyi, I love the series, including Days and possibly re:coded, but some games are definitely weaker. But this is a good deal for people in need of the games, which I would think will be very few in Japan since almost everyone who knows about the anniversary probably already has the game. This will be for completist, which I am most definitely not. So me, I'm not getting it. Even if it was released here in NA(actually I might be inclined to get it haha, idk)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Then define "better" perhaps? That's a pretty subjective term.

Also, as Master Spockanort has pointed out: The year just started, we're still in the first month.
Something that would have been universally accepted by a majority of fans. Something that had 100% new things in it. Something that wasn't just trying to get rid of the left-over Days/Re:Coded cartages(okay, this is obviously not true but still, come on :p).

I don't get why you guys are saying it needed to be all Nintendo, just because of DDD. Before this was announced, there were many possibilities for what the 10 year anniversary could have been. It would have been more efficient if it included things from the last 10 years instead of having things from 2009 and 2011 be included in a 2012 bundle pack.

So, in this case, I would have found it to be better if it:
A) Wasn't Nintendo exclusive(which it had the chance to not be)
B) Had new and exclusive things from the whole 10 years.
C) Didn't have 2/5th of the merchandise be previous games.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
An NA one and a JP one, I presume. I'm doing the same thing so I can play KH3D as soon as it releases.

Makes sense in that light, lol.
Talk about dedicated. This is for example a thing I would never do, get a console from another continent to play the thing as soon as it comes out.

One Japanese (to play DDD japanese version) and one English (to play my DS games)

Lol, ok. Reasonable if you want the japanese box.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Makes sense in that light, lol.
Talk about dedicated. This is for example a thing I would never do, get a console from another continent to play the thing as soon as it comes out.

I'm kinda getting the 3DS to get Theatrhythm as well, but otherwise it's just going to be as a collector's item and for playing JP KH3D :3

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
So, in this case, I would have found it to be better if it:
A) Wasn't Nintendo exclusive(which it had the chance to not be)
Right because DDD is multiconsole.

B) Had new and exclusive things from the whole 10 years.
But if it was something from 10 years ago to the present why would it be new?

C) Didn't have 2/5th of the merchandise be previous games.

Would you like some cheese with that wine? If you've already played those games already then don't buy it.

washi95

It's just wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love a Sony 10th Anniversary box for the series with PS3/PSV versions of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix +, and the mystery game which still hasn't been revealed (assuming it was on a Sony platform) although the likelyhood of that happening is pretty low.

Anyway, I hate that this box has a 3DS cover, now I'm not sure whether to get a regular 3DS, along with this box, or the Kingdom Hearts DDD 3DS D:
(especially considering the Days DSi cover was alot better than the Days DSi)
It seems like a good buy for those who don't have Days and Re:coded with a decent amount of goodys to warrant a purchase.

Hopefully Square-Enix will show some screenshots of the content inside it soon, or at least what the box looks like.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Right because DDD is multiconsole.
That's not the point. The point is these games are multiconsole. Instead of focusing on the Nintendo part, they could have released artbooks or something.

But if it was something from 10 years to the present why would it be new?
Unreleased content, concept sketches, the original 20 worlds, exclusive interviews with the people who worked on the games etc.

Would you like some cheese with that wine? If you've already played those games already then don't buy it.
Obviously I'm not going to buy it. It's obviously a waste of money imo, however I'm still allowed to express my disappointment that the first Anniversary gift they present to us is... well, this.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Damm, I was epecting something different.
Oh wells.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You know what guys, I'll back off it. But if the sales suck, I'll be back. Back to attack. :K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back