• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
E
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• ~FOR ALL THE FINAL FANTASY IV/VI/VII/X, ETC. FANBOYS/GIRLS!~

It has come to my attention that there is a division in the Final Fantasy Community. The people who love the NES/SNES Final Fantasy's and the people who love the PSX/PS2/PSP Final Fantasy. Before anything, I want to say that I own Final Fantasy's I, II, III, IV, VI, VIII, X, XII, & Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII. (And I've played a hell of a lot more.) These people tend to argue about how VII>VI and vice versa, the list can go on. I THINK THIS IS PROBABLY THE STUPIDEST ARGUMENT EVER!!!! How dare you compare to games that have absolutely nothing to do with each other? I wouldn't be writing this rant if wasn't for the fact that these people are treating it as a life or death situation. I see these arguments at school, on the streets, on youtube, on Wikias, and in forums. I think everyone needs to just stop and think about it for a moment. Obviously, the first Final Fantasies you play are the ones you will hold dear to yourself. But that doesn't mean that it is the ONLY game that everyone should play. Every Final Fantasy has something special about them. IMO, no Final Fantasy is greater than the other. I have had the opportunity to explore all the different worlds. I was excited when I first crossed the bridge from Corneria. I laughed at Tellah's "Spoony Bard." My heart raced as I heard "Dancing Mad" and saw Kefka. I grew angry as I saw Aeris being slain. I cried as Tidus disappeared from Yuna's arms. Every Final Fantasy did something wrong, and did something right. These inane arguments are pointless. NES/SNES fanboys, those days were good but they are not coming back. Its time to embrace the future and open your mind to new worlds. Or indulge yourself in the remakes to come. PSX/2 Fanboys, Cloud was awesome. But he is not the only person to ever save the world. Look back at the history of Final Fantasy games and you will explore amazing places that while they are outdated, will show you things you never saw before. Stop the arguing and just enjoy Final Fantasy. Every title is a different experience, and should be treated as such. There will always be one you enjoy the most, but that doesn't mean you should play others with neagtivity, thinking "Well this isn't as good as FFIX!" You can keep saying "Sephiroth pwns Kefka!" or you could say "I loved that Opera scene as much as I loved the Waltz for the moon." For those who don't heed this advice, oh well. While you are out there complaining about Tidus being a whiney bitch, I'll be here laughing my ass off and enjoying my games. Now that this rant is over, time to move to Kingdom Hearts lol.

~Eternal_Key~
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back