• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

3D's Battle System?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevVentus

Stop using buzzwords.

If it's anything like XIII-2, then chances are the Dream Eaters will be extremely addicting.

May I ask what that means? And why it was blocked out?

I know the battle system is in Re:Coded... but I can't bring myself to play that one. Part of it is indeed the graphics. Part of it is the boring plot.

IAMSORA

To the OP: BBS's combat was boss. The sheer number of commands available (and the elemental/physical variety between them) enabled some really sweet combos. Plus, how can you go wrong with a spell called "Fission Firaga"?

i thought the command system was a great step up in KH gameplay. certainly after a panel system and card system. and for 3D i would love this. but i think KH3 needs to have a menu more like KH1 and KH2. id love it if the command menu in 3 had the usual attack and items, and one of the commands will be abilities or commands or something like that, and you can open the commands from BBS

TrioHeart

If the battle system in 3D will be like BBS I believe it would be great since I thought the system was different but in a good way and just felt right to me. Dream eaters seem like a good idea, plus the art looks like KH is going into the whole colorful, original, disney side of the series. As for the system in KH3 it should be regular old KH1 style, in order to keep the original system for the finale

geist226

Website
www.vividgamer.com
i thought the command system was a great step up in KH gameplay. certainly after a panel system and card system. and for 3D i would love this. but i think KH3 needs to have a menu more like KH1 and KH2. id love it if the command menu in 3 had the usual attack and items, and one of the commands will be abilities or commands or something like that, and you can open the commands from BBS

Totally agree with you there. The only issue is shortcuts. Unless they dramatically slow down the pace of battles (something I don't want, although a slight decrease wouldn't be bad), it wouldn't be efficient to place all of your commands in a different menu down below Attack and Magic.

Seriously tho, I would absolutely love if commands returned for KH3. If all camera control is on the right analog stick, then maybe have L2 and R2 both open up shortcut menus where the face buttons and d-pad could be used for commands. Another option would be to allow Sora to use up to 5 commands, mapped to d-pad left and right, R2, L2, and L1.

IAMSORA

Totally agree with you there. The only issue is shortcuts. Unless they dramatically slow down the pace of battles (something I don't want, although a slight decrease wouldn't be bad), it wouldn't be efficient to place all of your commands in a different menu down below Attack and Magic.

Seriously tho, I would absolutely love if commands returned for KH3. If all camera control is on the right analog stick, then maybe have L2 and R2 both open up shortcut menus where the face buttons and d-pad could be used for commands. Another option would be to allow Sora to use up to 5 commands, mapped to d-pad left and right, R2, L2, and L1.

i like:

COMMAND
(Attack)
(Items)
(abilities/commands/watev)

if not, regular command menu, use R2 for lock on and L2 to change the regular menu to the command one and use the arrows to scroll up or down so u can still run around. and then have a customization setting so that that can be reversed if desired

TrioHeart

This actually seems like a good idea. Also made me rethink my opinion. It could possibly work if it came back

DropDistance

I'm hoping for(other than updated gameplay of course): leveling up keyblades, dream eaters being used/raised like in FF XIII-2, BBS-related gameplay (even though I've never played the game with any abilities, re:coded was similar enough), and a leveling system like in KH1 when you choose your level up speed

geist226

Website
www.vividgamer.com
if not, regular command menu, use R2 for lock on and L2 to change the regular menu to the command one and use the arrows to scroll up or down so u can still run around. and then have a customization setting so that that can be reversed if desired

That's not a bad idea either. I suppose BBS did require you to hurriedly use the D-Pad from time, but it sucks having to stand still doing it. It might sound unorthodox, but maybe "Hold L2 for your list of commands" and Triangle scrolls up while Circle scrolls down? You can at least still move that way, and Abilities that normally use Triangle and Circle would still be fine - you just have to let go of L2.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
i like:

COMMAND
(Attack)
(Items)
(abilities/commands/watev)

You seem to enjoy the most complicated way of playing the game. So, instead of using BBS's style where you have everything on one command menu you would rather use the KH1 style?

So, you're telling me that if you wanted to use a potion you would rather scroll through the menu, got to items, scroll through what potion you want to use (ether, potion, elixer, etc.), use it, scroll back to the first menu and then scroll back to attack?

Using the style in BBS if you want to use an item all you do is scroll to the item, use it, and then BAM! BOOM! holy crap you're done and you don't have to scroll back anywhere because you can attack 24/7. The game is even nice enough to scroll one ability upwards (or downwards I forget) so you don't have your selected ability as one that's on cooldown! How awesome is that? That style is better to me. Call me crazy! Do it.

Last edited:

IAMSORA

You seem to enjoy the most complicated way of playing the game. So, instead of using BBS's style where you have everything on one command menu you would rather use the KH1 style?

yes. i loved the command system, but it can be improved on.i didnt like having to scroll too much, and lose sight of my other commands. i would rather the kh1,kh2 menu, and when i hold L2, BAM! a taller command menu pops up which displays all your commands and you can scroll through like in BBS. but you can see everything. just keep L2 down, its the perfect mix of KH1, KH2, and BBS

That's not a bad idea either. I suppose BBS did require you to hurriedly use the D-Pad from time, but it sucks having to stand still doing it. It might sound unorthodox, but maybe "Hold L2 for your list of commands" and Triangle scrolls up while Circle scrolls down? You can at least still move that way, and Abilities that normally use Triangle and Circle would still be fine - you just have to let go of L2.

I imagined it would be just like scrolling through the menu in KH1 and KH2, using the arrow buttons. but then u hav to stand still. i like your idea better. the problem s which button. triangle and x make the most sense for up or down, but the problem is that x will also be to select a command. maybe square and circle? idk about L2 and R2? but nice idea (where i would insert a thumbs up image if i knew how to work a damn computer)

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
yes. i loved the command system, but it can be improved on.i didnt like having to scroll too much, and lose sight of my other commands. i would rather the kh1,kh2 menu, and when i hold L2, BAM! a taller command menu pops up which displays all your commands

I gotta admit the shortcuts were a better way of using abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back