• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Problem With My PS2...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolviana

I've noticed that when I play my PS1 games on my PS2, the screen will bounce up and down continually. None of my friends, who also own the larger, older model PS2s, have this problem. My parents say that it could be the age of our television, but I'm not so sure. Does anyone else have this problem and a possible solution?

S

Shadow Soldier

tv is old. Happen to me too, I went out bought a new one, didn't happen. nothing to worry about.

K

Kegluneq

Wolviana said:
I've noticed that when I play my PS1 games on my PS2, the screen will bounce up and down continually. None of my friends, who also own the larger, older model PS2s, have this problem. My parents say that it could be the age of our television, but I'm not so sure. Does anyone else have this problem and a possible solution?

I say its most likely your Tv seeing as you did say that your parents said that it could be the age of your television or it could be that the connection to your Tv is a bit screwy so if thats the problem wiggle the cable under the one that plugs in the PS2 a bit and that might work.

K

Kegluneq

Lol that happend to me with my old one. My bro tries to use it sometimes but it never works so I just got a new PS2

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
So I'm not the only one having problems with a PS2 and PS games.
Whenever I put a PS game in the PS2, the PS2 makes really really weird noises. Like it's scraping against the game.
It's like: Bzzzz....BZZZZZZZZZZZ....bzz....

Wolviana

Thanks for the help. I'll be moving the PS2 to my room and see if that helps. And Engulfed, I noticed that with my Gamecube once. You might want to get your PS2 checked.

Engulfed said:
So I'm not the only one having problems with a PS2 and PS games.
Whenever I put a PS game in the PS2, the PS2 makes really really weird noises. Like it's scraping against the game.
It's like: Bzzzz....BZZZZZZZZZZZ....bzz....
I get those sounds too...my advice is buy a cheap PS1

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
Get my PS2 Checked? It's the old crappy version-the first edition.
I think I'd rather get an ol' PS with my Christmas money.
They gotta be cheap-right?
(That's prob. a good idea too- Since I'm getting Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV, and Final Fantasy IX for Christmas)

*Tikuu*

Yeah My ps2 did the same thing, the buzzing nosie, but I had bought a used game, and it was so scratched up, but with the ps2's power, the disc still magicly worked fine o_O, this thing was readly scratched up baaaaad too!

jag-wire

Same thing happened to mine with a few ps2 games. My dad said the hardrive was wearing out so I got a new one. Probably what's happening to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back