• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Song of Ice and Fire

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
Never heard of them before, but you make them sound really interesting. I agree with mental_mentos, what are they about? sci-fi? horror?

Serpit

I'm into them too, currently eagerly awaiting the fifth book.

The books are fantasy, they are all pretty long,a nd the series is supposes to span 7 books. It's a bit like Tad Williams' Shadowmarch, because the focus is not on a group of heroes trying to save the world, but on a big cast of very different characters. The main concern int he series are the different royal and noble families and the wars they fight with each other and inside their own families. Stuff like magic and dragons is present too, but in the background. The books contain some sexual scenes and a lot of violence. Be warned, Martin is not afraid to kill off his main characters. That's what makes him great.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Books are awesome. Eagerly awaiting A Dance with Dragons too. Tyrion is quite easily the best character ever made.

Light121

i live in a house, in a town, in a country
Website
www.xanga.com
Cool! Where are you in the book?

I have to say, my favourite characters are Arya and Danaerys. <3

I do read the series, I am in love with it, and I too love those characters, Tyrion, and Sansa has become less annoying. Me and a few of my friends are totally in love with it. One of my friends and me are both writing out own fantasy in a similar style (which no one but me will ever read, but I enjoy myself greatly anyway).

(Slightly ranting.) This was a bit odd because we both started them before really getting into the books, and neither of us told the other they were doing it. Yet somehow, we both have ended up having some of the same things (we both have albino characters for one, and apparently her's is based on me >.<.

Anyway, great books, immensely enjoyable, highly recomended to any who have yet to lay their hands on it.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
They follow the same storyline, but the chapters are from different characters point of view. Also, a lot of things are going on at once.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Ah, the West. Genocide and torture and alright, but show a bit of a boob, and you're banned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back