• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► A stupidstupidstupid problemmmmm.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
YES. IT IS VERY STUPID. [In my opinion, anyways. Which always seems to be that I think this sort of stuff is STUPID.] But, there are probably people who are better at this than me, so I'm calling out to you guys for help. xD;; And, yes, this one again relates to being a mod, though it's not making me crying or anything... It's just making me pretty frustrated, and I have no clue if this is the right place for it. 8D;; Anyways! To the point...

Alright, here's the deal: I S-U-C-K at leadership, being a leader, whatever. I'm not very good at it, and I've learned that from all the horrible mistakes I had because I was the leader of things. Like that social studies project... *SHUDDER* I might suck at this because I'm an only child, and I don't see people often 'cause I'm homeschooled. That... and I normally just sat quietly at my desk and didn't talk to anyone when it came to being in public school.

The only time I was really a leader was in 5th grade, where most of my class was involved in this project [Apparently behind our teacher's back] that involved drawing and ideas, which we called 'Superkids' cause we couldn't come up with any better name. :d I was definitely the leader and the person with the main ideas behind that, but... to the point.

Well, as you can tell, I'm a moderator and lots of people expect things right here and NOW. There are two things why I'm not doing anything: everytime I made something before, I got BASHED by people when I tried to make it sound as nice and positive as possible. Someone would find ONE SINGLE THING and bash me and bash me and bash me and I just sat there and didn't do a damn thing about it except cry, if no one could hear me. The second thing is that I dunno when to put things out. I have ideas, I just don't know what to do with them; like I have an idea for a tournament and contests 'n stuff, but I don't know when I should put them out, which is a big problem.

So, I ask anyone who took the time to read all of this text, how do I figure out when I put out stuff and how do I keep it as 'positive' as possible to keep myself from getting B-A-S-H-E-D? People probably won't be as nasty now, cause I think some people figured out I was trying my best but I thought everyone hated me. MAYBE they figured that out, I dunno.

...Um. Yeah. Stupid thread, I know. Gomen. 8D;; But, whoever helps, COOKIES FOR YOUUUUUU. That, or sea-salt ice cream. Your pick. D:

T

Tyler Durden

Alright Takushi, I'll try.

Unfortunately, it will be hard to teach you leadership, at least for me. As the oldest son and as an intelligent yet still fit person, I've always been good at leading people. It comes naturally for me; it would be like you explaining how to be Takushi.

BUT, here is what I have to say-

When you have an idea, stick with it and do not back down. When people bash you, defend yourself but dont sound cornered or unsure, they'll pounce on you like white on rice.

Do not assume authority, command it. If you act like you own the place, people will think you own the place. Do not assume people will defer to you because you are a mod, COMMAND them to defer to you because you are a mod.

This may sound weird, but use normal sized font. When you type small you 'sound' small, and no one will respect you. Give the impression that you are big, even if you aren't.

Listen to people. Just because you have some authority does not mean that we will follow you around like a dog; we will test you. If someone has an idea or NICELY points out something in yours, don't get all defensive and start ignoring them.

As for quality, you were made a mod for a reason Takushi.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
^ Good advice! 0.0

STUPID?! NEVER! =D No problem is stupid to where someone can't help you! xD (did that make sense? o-o)

Anyway Firstly, I think that only SOME people are born with leadership skills, and the rest have to develop them. o_O Making mistakes would help with that, because a leader should learn from their mistakes, so making mistakes has nothing to do with being a bad leader. XD I bet a great deal of leaders made alot of mistakes, to get to where they were. :D And Secondly, I think that if you have a great idea but you don't know when to put them out (or maybe just too nervous to) you should just FORGET about when, or If you should do it, and just simply do it. O.O Try not to think about it so much. ^.^; I find that when I think too much, I start to get nervous about things, and usually back down, and let whatever it is I was going to do, just fade... Like a nobody! TT.TT And honestly if you EVER Get bashed, it's not YOUR problem. >.> It's all the Basher's fault! >.<;

I don't know if I helped at all, But I'm hoping that I did! @.@; Good luck with everything, yo!

T

Tyler Durden

Sorry, Josiah, I wasn't saying she was a lost cause, only that I wasn't sure how to help her because I am one of those that was born with it.

Hope we help Takushi.

hey, do you have AIM? If you want, I could talk to you whenever.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Huh? o-o If your talking about this:

STUPID?! NEVER! =D No problem is stupid to where someone can't help you! xD (did that make sense? o-o)

That was meant for Takushi. ^.^; lol, I was talking about how she thought her problem was stupid, when It's not. =D

T

Tyler Durden

Yeah, never mind. You can ignore this post.

Last edited:

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
They are right, just support your ideas head ona dn don't be ashamed! Be proud and take it in like you've never taken it in before!! Have the benefit of the doubt. If just one person or many people say that your a bad mod, just smile, say "Sure, maybe I am not good at leadership, but that's why I am learning to be a leader and do things right. If you think I am that bad, why don't you help me then! If not, then STFU and keep your freakin' opinions if they are not going to help me to become better!" or something like that.

The morale of the story or saying is that if you can't do things alone, then get help. Just ask for advice from other mods for help or something like that, if your do than I am way too late. There is a reason your a mod and there is a reason that I am not a mod also (cause I don't want to be one. I gave the tryouts a whirl but I forgot about the mod thing after one day).

Ho-ho-ho
-twilight_dragon

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank you very much for the all the advice. I really appeciate it.

Now, I've got a question... and it's the only one that I can think of right this second, but I'll keep it to the point and come back if I remember the others. And, yeah, I'm going to be sortakindamaybe not replying to the advice, other than a thank you, but I'll come back and do it later. This is more important right now, though. So, gomen. D:;;

Alright, a few minutes ago, my friend was yelling at me about this whole thing on the RP forums with plots being only a few sentences and not having anything to them. People keep on PMing me about it, but I'm clearly stating that it's perfectly fine and there's nothing wrong with it. Problem is, he told me I was setting a bad example by allowing this, but I think that everyone should be able to roleplay, plot or not.

So, my question is... should I think to myself or listen to my friend and everyone else and start closing these threads? Sorry for the random question.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Well, for one thing. Are those other RP'ers going to let yourself be a puppet? Listen to yor self, then when it gets out of hand, then go dealt with the problem. You control your actions and you alone. Not your friends, maybe your parents not even a stinkin' imaginary wooden plank friend. Just see what the problem is and judge it by what you think. Though, RP's without a plot should really be dealted with. Give advice to the Maker of the RP'er and give them a mental note. Tell them don't do it again. I suggest you should just advice them to make a 5 sentence plot. As long as the plot makes sense and gives enough information (besides, "The org. is back and you have to stop them") It should contain a theme, storyline, extras, and a reason why they are there.

Give the person who made no plot RP threads a warning. They don't listen, they have to start over starting with their RP thread closed. I don't know, do what you know what's best.

T

Tyler Durden

Now, I've got a question... and it's the only one that I can think of right this second, but I'll keep it to the point and come back if I remember the others. And, yeah, I'm going to be sortakindamaybe not replying to the advice, other than a thank you, but I'll come back and do it later. This is more important right now, though. So, gomen. D:;;

Alright, a few minutes ago, my friend was yelling at me about this whole thing on the RP forums with plots being only a few sentences and not having anything to them. People keep on PMing me about it, but I'm clearly stating that it's perfectly fine and there's nothing wrong with it. Problem is, he told me I was setting a bad example by allowing this, but I think that everyone should be able to roleplay, plot or not.

So, my question is... should I think to myself or listen to my friend and everyone else and start closing these threads? Sorry for the random question.

Takushi, you have to listen to them, but at the same time ignore them. Know how they feel, but also realize that some people will never be happy. So what if somebody else want's a small RP? If they don't like it, the don't have to participate in it.

So listen, but stay strong to what YOU think is right.

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As
No Rena. They cant force you to do anything. if the plot is "THE HEARTLESS ARE TAKIN OVER EARTH AND WE GET TO BE THE KEYBLADERZ BEECHES!" Then let those who join have fun preventing the earth from getting sucked into darkness =P. The point of an RP is "TO HAVE FUN" not "A highly structured and sophisticated fantasy adventure with a plot that takes two weeks to write" Dont start being the Drill-Seargeant Commando Mod you were the first 4 months you became a mod, be fun. And the next time someone PM's you with "Rena, X has X rp which is highly illeterate, has a fifteen word plot, and is filled with one-two liners. Please close this and tell X to write a longer plot." Reply "No. If X wants to have an RP like that, he can. If you don't like it, dont join."

Iwrestledabearonce

&#916;drug gang&#916;
Awards

I can't yell at you. =/ I can TYPE CAPITALS AT YOU. GRRR SCARY CAPITALS. Hello Rena. ^^

We settled this argument of sorts. . . but I stand by what I said. Tell her to lengthen the plot, because in all honesty, one sentence isn't too motivational. And yes, it is setting a relatively bad example. Due to the fact of this; newbie RPer's need to learn the basics. And making a really short plotline isn't going to motivate people to join it, is it? Also, a sentence can't really hold that much information, not much background info on what's happening, etc.

THIS is why I say close it. It is a relatively bad example, because if a newbie comes into the RP section, and joins that RP, that will be their starting example. Not a very great one, is it? =/ All I'm trying to say, is at least consider putting "the hammer" down on those who write very, VERY short plotlines. I'm not saying ban them, or anything, but ask them to lengthen the plotline to a reasonable length for everyone. If they refuse, or sass 'ya, close the thread. =/

AND NOW FOR HELPING! =D

First off, I had this idea awhile ago, and I'll voice it to you on MSN, and also in this thread. KHIRPC. In other words, the OFFICAL! Kingdom Hearts Insider Role-Playing Chat.

Meaning, we gather up some people, and discuss idea's about what could be positive effects on the RP/Challenges Section. Positive effects to ALL people, not just vets., or n00bs/newbs/nubz/etc., or medium's. Positive to ALLLLLLL.

That's about all I can offer. -_-

Electropop

What would you do for a Klondak Bar
Website
www.myspace.com
Fudge them.

WHO CARES? THEY ARE PEPOPLE OVER THE INTERNET >:D

You dont know them in real life! They bash tell them you know what? I am a good person WHO IS TRYING TO HELP!

Got a problem with it? Becouse when people want stuff done therer the ones who have to do it! Becouse they lazy. =/ So. Tell them "If you want it done right, then why dont YOU do it."

>.>

I loves you Renas ;D And your a good leader. =D

Josiah

Quarian Power!
xDD Yeah, Takushi Sorasheart just owned the creator of advice there. LOL

T

Tyler Durden

Actually, this lack of leadership skills or sense of self worth is a major problem. It isn't JUST about her online problem, in this thread we can also help her with these skills for use in the 'real world'.

Joy

Bronze Member
Everyone makes mistakes, don't worry about. You just ended up modding the section of KHI that the people inside love.

To the point. If you want to help with the forum, use the members of said forum to help you make decisions. Make the project a group thing, and involve everyone. That way, no one can complain (but they definitely will, but that is inevitable). You are using your power as a mod to its fullest, and at the same time, making the people happy.

Edit:

You don't have to close them, just tell the topic creator to elaborate more on their plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back