• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► About Disney... (Fun Discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
I just saw the trailer for Wish, looks like a good movie, I'm looking forward to seeing seeing it, but after the trailer I scrolled down to a comment about Disney princesses and it got me thinking, has there ever been a Disney movie focused on a prince as the main character, and I don't mean characters like Aladdin who marries a princess, I mean a strait up prince born protagonist,(Simba doesn't count), maybe there was and I missed it, anyway what are your thoughts?

vaderskywalker

Awards
Does Jack Skellington count? He is the Pumpkin King, after all
That didn't even cross my mind, but yeah, it would make sense, even if they did kind of skip the prince part of it.
Beauty and the Beast.
That one depends really of who you see as the main character, Beast or Belle, from my perspective, it would be Belle, but it could be interpreted (I probably spelled that wrong) as Beast too, it's all a matter of perspective really.
And Hercules.
Hercules is definitely one, but I can't help feeling like there should be more than those 3.

WaltK

Awards
That one depends really of who you see as the main character, Beast or Belle, from my perspective, it would be Belle, but it could be interpreted (I probably spelled that wrong) as Beast too, it's all a matter of perspective really
A film can have more than one main character; the movie is called "Beauty and the Beast", not "Beauty".

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I’ll probably vote Tarzan, but only because the qualifications for being a Disney Princess are quite loose. Pocahontas and Mulan aren’t princesses, but that seemed to be given over as more of an honorary role (or the whole “Indian Princess” stereotype in Pocahontas’ case, so maybe not the best example). Tarzan is the adopted son of the leader of gorillas, so I’d say he’s akin to one.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
A bit off topic, but I think it's funny that the films in question (Hercules, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast) are my favourite Disney films. Hercules in particular is incredibly underappreciated, I feel.

vaderskywalker

Awards
How come Simba doesn’t count?
You have a point, and this was a month ago so I don't even remember why I said (typed) that, oh well, just forget what I said (typed) about that then.
I’ll probably vote Tarzan, but only because the qualifications for being a Disney Princess are quite loose. Pocahontas and Mulan aren’t princesses, but that seemed to be given over as more of an honorary role (or the whole “Indian Princess” stereotype in Pocahontas’ case, so maybe not the best example). Tarzan is the adopted son of the leader of gorillas, so I’d say he’s akin to one.
Your right, Tarzan does count, I completely forgot about him and that his parents where the leaders.
A bit off topic, but I think it's funny that the films in question (Hercules, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast) are my favourite Disney films. Hercules in particular is incredibly underappreciated, I feel.
Same.

Back