• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

adobe premiere elements help...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcloudff7

Website
profile.myspace.com
Okay here is my problem every time I import an avi file into adobe premiere It only plays the sound and I cant see the video....does anyone know what the problem is??? Please I really need help I've been having this problem for months now and its really getting on my nerves...I want to make new AMV's, but everything I practically download is in avi format and I can never open those files up properly so if anyone can help please reply to this thanks.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Neither Premiere on Sony Vegas accept DiVX/XVid (AVI) Video files whatsoever, i advise using VirtualDub (freeware) in order to convert it into a recognisable format

Premiere is a b*tch when it comes to frame rates as well i believe...

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Neither Premiere on Sony Vegas accept DiVX/XVid (AVI) Video files whatsoever, i advise using VirtualDub (freeware) in order to convert it into a recognisable format

Premiere is a b*tch when it comes to frame rates as well i believe...

You could also use VLC to convert the *.avi files into *.mp4 files...

MP4 files are almost 'dvd' quality.. and the native video format for IPOD video players..

To do this, open the file with VLC.. (Just like you are going to watch the video.)
Stop the video.. then press 'CTRL+W' this will bring up the 'wizard', and should be pretty easy for you to understand.

Choose 'transcode to file'... then choose your format settings you want to save the video as.
As I said before, I recommend using *.mp4 format..

I know for a fact that Premiere will work with MP4 & (normal) AVI files.. along with alot of others.

Need any further help, just ask.

~~Azurith

kingcloudff7

Website
profile.myspace.com
You could also use VLC to convert the *.avi files into *.mp4 files...

MP4 files are almost 'dvd' quality.. and the native video format for IPOD video players..

To do this, open the file with VLC.. (Just like you are going to watch the video.)
Stop the video.. then press 'CTRL+W' this will bring up the 'wizard', and should be pretty easy for you to understand.

Choose 'transcode to file'... then choose your format settings you want to save the video as.
As I said before, I recommend using *.mp4 format..

I know for a fact that Premiere will work with MP4 & (normal) AVI files.. along with alot of others.

Need any further help, just ask.

~~Azurith

Hey Thanks a lot man that really helped...I can finally go back to making AMVs again.....Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back