• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

An unexpected change

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oran

Awards
So for my English I was told to wright a creative short story about a person undergoing a sort of change. I'm rather happy with the way it came out so I felt like posting it hear for all to read. Please tell me what you think.

A dark apartment is suddenly filled with light as a tired and worn out 25 year old man by the name of Lucas unlocks the door and steps inside. As he flips the switch by the door it is revealed that the apartment was rather dankly, only consisting of a living room which doubles as a bedroom, a tiny kitchen and an even smaller bathroom. While it was small the apartment was sufficient for the bachelor fresh out of college and it was all he could afforded on his current salary. The apartment was kept more or less tidy seeing as with its size it wasn't a hard task especially since the apartment didn't have a lot of furniture. “Another day another dollar” Lucas thinks to himself as he walks in shuts the door, locks it, drops his keys and bag on the kitchen counter and drops himself on the old bed “more like another nickel” he again thinks to himself as he quickly falls asleep despite the fact that it was barley nine in the evening and he was still dressed.

At the strike of six Lucas was woken up by his obnoxious alarm clock reminding him of his duties, his debts, and the job he has to go to where all his woes reside. As he tries to get on his feet the man quickly realizes that he now has four furry legs and is immediately startled by it. Lucas jumps out of the bed in shock and clumsily falls to the floor as he tries to scream only letting out a whimper. This also scares him as he begins to run around his apartment consistently banging himself on the walls until he tires himself out. Calmed Lucas examines the mess he’s made and then turns his head to his new body. He then quickly comes to the realization that he was definitely no longer a man but was now a dog, a bagel to be exact with long floppy ears, a waging tail and snout. He tries to speak again but lets out rather loud barks. Lucas shuts himself up remembering that his landlady does not allow pets in the building. But it was too late Lucas could hear the footsteps coming down the stairs followed by the loud knocks at his door. “Lucas is that a dog I hear in there!”

Lucas just sat there in the hall hoping that the landlord would just go away but she was persistent. “Lucas come on now you know the rules just open up now” the landlady yelled. “Open up? How can I when I can’t even reach the door knob?” the dog thought to himself. “Alright then Lucas you made me do this” the voice is once again heard through the door as a key is inserted in the keyhole turned and the door opens. “ OK Lucas where is it? Oh why hello there what’s your name?” As the landlord picks up Lucas she notices that he did not have a collar on. “Well then that’s odd did Lucas pick up a stray last night or something?” Lucas struggles to escape the landlady’s arms and when he was free he fell to the floor and ran to his bed. Startled the landlady looks around the apartment realizing that Lucas wasn't there and she thought that he must have already gone off to work. Not knowing what to do with Lucas away the landlady proceeds to pick Lucas back up again and taking him out of the room.

“I guess you’ll have to come home with me until Lucas comes back from work.”

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It was pretty good, I wish there was more of this to read. There were some grammar mistakes sort of but, they can be over looked. I wonder why Lucas changed into a dog but, that's what makes it so mysterious and exciting! :)

Oran

Awards
Hey thanks glade you liked it :). Ya I wanted to keep at it but I had to cut it short to fit the page restriction which explaines why I didnt go in detail on how Lucas transformed.

rose31

Not too many people would actually think about this the way you just did.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Interesting story, wish I knew why he changed though. =D

SorasTwilight

Website
www.youravon.com
This was an interesting story. I still feel like you have a long road ahead of you. Of course, writing is something that you can never perfect really, but always taking in what other's say is the best a writer can do. My advice is to definitely look at grammar and to have more of a backstory or as to why Lucas did turn into a dog. Honestly, I wanted to know more about Lucas's personality before I jumped into the story. For dialogue, it's always best to make that a new paragraph. I didn't do that at first, but a friend of mine criticized me for not doing, because how "unprofessional" it looks. Overall, you have a good start. You just need to keep on tugging along until you feel as if you yourself feel perfected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back