• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

An unfinished piece

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I understand it's unfinished but there are a couple things you should make sure to address early on so you don't have to worry about them later. Tone your outlines down because I'm sure it's not that dark throughout the entire piece; some places are going to be lighter and some are darker. Add in a couple softer tones and erase the darkness in some of the places that need be lightened up and likewise bump up some dark tones around the places that are dark. All I mean to say is that if you want your picture to be more lifelike then take those steps to do so.
Also make sure to add in a better variety of tones so that more places pop out, rather than one tone throughout because it'll just make the picture feel flat.

Other than that it's coming along ok and until I see more that's all the critique I have for you right now.
I can't say it's awesome or go all off the handle about how great it looks because right now it's not, it has potential but not at the moment, like I said I have to see more.

Baron Bonghit

no worries, I'm aware it isn't that good, compared to some of the stuff I was doing a few years ago

comments appreciated

CrimSanctum

Pretty neat start :D if that were me, I'd be pretty clueless on how to continue it XD nice proportions too!

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
no worries, I'm aware it isn't that good, compared to some of the stuff I was doing a few years ago

comments appreciated

In theory wouldn't things you did a couple years ago be worse than the things you're doing now. I mean because you tend to grow as an artist as the years go by rather than degenerate in skill.

Baron Bonghit

╬ProperArtist╬;3641214 said:
In theory wouldn't things you did a couple years ago be worse than the things you're doing now. I mean because you tend to grow as an artist as the years go by rather than degenerate in skill.

this would be true if I kept at it, which I didn't

I haven't really drawn anything over the course of about 2 years, and I don't plan on really getting serious about it again either, just don't have the time unfortunately, with enlisting and all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back