• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else feel like kh2 is missing something?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuubi

Mage Killer
MegaFlare said:
People aren't enjoying the game, they're finding everything they can to use against it just because it didn't live up to their expectations, which could be because a large majority of people spoiled themselves ahead of time. And whats worse - they're ruining it for others. It's everywhere, take a look around.

What are you talking about? Sounds like you won't be happy unless everyone loves this game, and rates it a 10/10 and say "OMFG this game is teh SEX!!!?!!?"

I don't know who spoiled the game for themselves, and whatnot, but I didn't. Nor did I have high expectations, just the normal high for Square-Enix, and Nomura. This timw while the game was entertaining, it just wasn't what it was suppossed to be. Of course it looks good, and everything, I mean the Battles rocked, and some scenes were good, and nice music, though on the other hand the story sucked, some scenes were crap, and it was far to linear.

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
What are you talking about? Sounds like you won't be happy unless everyone loves this game, and rates it a 10/10 and say "OMFG this game is teh SEX!!!?!!?"

Not true at all. Don't be so quick to pull out assumptions.

I frankly don't care what rating you give it, so long as you don't sit here and complain and ruin the game for everyone else.

I don't know who spoiled the game for themselves, and whatnot, but I didn't. Nor did I have high expectations, just the normal high for Square-Enix, and Nomura. This timw while the game was entertaining, it just wasn't what it was suppossed to be. Of course it looks good, and everything, I mean the Battles rocked, and some scenes were good, and nice music, though on the other hand the story sucked, some scenes were crap, and it was far to linear.

A large majority of people spoiled themselves and regretted it, you were not included in that if you didn't spoil yourself, no. You're also entitled to that opinion on the story and whatever else. Most people in the same position as you, are taking it way too far. "This sucks :'( totally disappointed!11111" Unless you run to every topic and ruin the moments with large complaints about how much you think it sucks, then you're fine.

Like I said, enjoy it for what its worth. You don't have to run to every topic and complain, it really makes the people who haven't played it feel like hell.

Kyuubi

Mage Killer
Well I only started visiting this board like yesterday again, so if it has been like that for a while I guess I can see your frustration.

E

Eclipse

You see, i truly appreciate kh2 for what it's worth. It's a video game and nomura worked pretty hard on something for 3 years and gave us this work of art. It got extremely high ratings and sold over 1 million copies. I agree some things should have been changed, but people make mistakes, you know? this whole thing is a learning experience for nomura. He takes the prequels, and he makes the sequels better. He improved the gummi ship because it sucked, and he heard everyone wanted to dual wield like the DWU in deep dive, so he gave sora drives. I'm sure he'll tweak things out in the next kh installment. If kh2 was perfect, there would be no need for a sequel, now would there?

I sorta wish the game had more freedom, but i hope you realize the reason why it's so linear is because fans complained about the game being too confusing, about getting lost, and having to back track. So what did he do? he made the game easier to maneuver, and more linear and now you complain again.

The one thing I wish was bigger were the worlds.
You can't expect me to believe Beast's castle is only 5 rooms big....
You go in the courtyard and you see this huge manor, now you just have 5 rooms entitled "beast's castle" i remember it was gonna be called "fable countryside" and you could walk around the woods and possibly go to the village. I also remember the colisseum was gonna be called "ancient greece" where you could walk around the temple and greece, and go to mount olympus. I really hope they expand the worlds more next time, but other than that, i believe Nomura did a stand-up job :)

YaibaTatsuJin

Website
www.myspace.com
42972973 said:
Don't get me wrong I love this game. But I kind of miss the sense of freedom in the worlds in the first game. Each world seemed huge. There were so many hidden places to explore. Especially Traverse Town. After getting glide or high jump, you can jump onto roofs and fight heartless in new areas. It really felt like you could go anywhere and do anything. Kh2's worlds are a lot smaller and you can't really explore. I'd see a ledge and I'd be like "hmmmm, wonder what's up here..." and to my disappointment, Sora won't even grab the ledge and climb up.
Kh2 seems more geared towards the battles. I love what they've done with the battle system. Fighting is just so fun with the drives and the reaction commands, and Sora's newfound agility.
It's like kh1 -> explore worlds
Kh2 -> beat the crap out of the bad guys
Anyone else agree?

So THAT's the feeling I'm missing. Exploring that way in each disney worlds....

Kyuubi

Mage Killer
TwilightSoulKey said:
If kh2 was perfect, there would be no need for a sequel, now would there?

Yes, and that is to wrap up the story, even though it was wrapped up in a pretty lame way this time, but just a small letter, and last video to make a gateway for the 3rd to be made.

E

Eclipse

^ nomura isn't exactly making a sequel
but he's planning a new installment

honestly if kh2 was the most perfect greatest thing out there, would there be a need for nomura to make another kh game?

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Point is, nothing is perfect; things can only come close. and next time you criticize something, ask yourself "Could I do any better?"

friedchicken

a big thing missing for me was that kairi and sora didnt hook up but all well it was still an awsome game

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well, as a matter of fact they did! It's not thrown right out there, but the drawings on the wall in the Secret Place says it all. Go Sora!XD

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Actually, developers and story writers like to foreshadow with little hints like that. xD

Conclusion: KH2 is far from perfect, but manages to clearly excel in almost all aspects when compared to the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back