• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are Video Games/Computer Better Then TV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenkai16

A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far Far Away...
Website
www.avidgamers.com
((Ok i know this doesn't Have any thing to do with KH except that Kh is a Video game, so say im spamming whatever delet it if you feel that way i am just curious to see if people belive the same as me.))

OK for all of you have have mom's Dad's Guardians Etc. Im sure you have all heard the same thing "your playing video games to much get off NOW!!" (Man i hate when that happens and normally im no were near a save point grr, but anyways) My mom does that to me alll the time, (and i live in the middel of nowere so their is nothing to do). But after my mother tells me to get off because too much video games/computer is bad for me. So i get off and go watch some TV and she says nothing about it....

Theory time: I feel that the computer and/or video games are better for a person then watching TV. For many examples. LIke with a computer you are on the net talking about things with other people while thinking about what to say and how to spell (which i suck at =P). That requires more brain thought. Also in a video game you sit there and are like, hmm were to i go next to get to the next level, your thinking about it. OF with Kh you get on and start thinking about theories and the many "what if" questions. Causeing more brain activity. Yet if your watching Tv you can just look at it aimlessly for the stroy to continue on. Unlike a video game were you have to think about where you have to go and what to have to do to progress through the game.

So i guess all I puted this board up is to Get my Thoery out to more people and ask what you all think about it.

(and once again sorry this doesn't have much to do with KH)

Lupuscurrit

VIDEO GAMES DO TEACH PEOPLE THINGS!

I learned my 7 times tables from Madde, also how to add things when I was real young

Jurassic Park game taught me things about dinosaurs

And it increases intelligence in small children, they think more about the world and do better in school

I'm in Alg. Honors thanks to Madden and I'm in all Level 3 classes (highest) so video games do teach people things

kh_fan_4e

i agree 100%....my parents say the same thing....but then i just unhook it from the family tv and take it to my room and play....then theyre like you should get out of video games cause if the economy would drop video games would be the first thing to go....which is very doubtful because they use video games to train soldiers

Cid Highwind

The Captain
yeah, and also, video games are more reliable when it comes to entertainment than just television shows because if u r watching tv, there might not be something on to watch! but if u r playing a video game such as kingdom hearts, u know that u will always be entertained

kh_fan_4e

i know i was begining to think that i was the only one who felt this way.....reminds me of a movie called mallrats...one of the guys lived in his parents basement and stayed up all night watching videos and playing sega with a hot chick beside him....o and hung out at the mall all day was on his list of to do things everyday

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Some video games can teach things and some can't Football and B-ball games may teach you how to add and mulitiply but can't teach you to subtract and divide KH and GTA can teach you something also but games like Doom and Halo and Resident Evil might not teach you anything except to get the hell away from zombies or crazy A$$ people who have chainsaws or pitchfork lol and to destory aliens if we have any:D and then also a game can't teach you how to drive balance a check book or work on video games or play B-ball those are things you must do yourself

REala728

Website
www.myspace.com
video games are much more entertaining plus you kinda get to think of new different things (like becom more creative and stuff because your in control)... but i havent really thought much about it cause my mom dosnt care much about me playing videogames too much

LishatheAeroMage

I know! Same thing with me, my parents will be saying, "You've been playing too much on the computer/game! Time to turn off!" And then I'll just say, "Well what on Earth else am I supposed to do?"

Jeez, you read my mind . . . o_O Scary.

maz

Website
twilightown.fateback.com
i few years ago i would have said that tv is better than games but all that is on nowadays is complete drivel apart froma few exceptions.
gmaes have more of a staying power than tv and i recoken it can be more entertaining that watching tv

Super Sonic

Bronze Member
Video games are our friends,they help hand eye coordination.
The puzzles in some games can boost intelligence or awareness.
There are a hell of alot of learning games out there.
The bright colors help resist color-blindness
and many more,I'm too lazy to type 'em ;)

PurestOfHeart

I think Video games are much better for you than sitting in front of the TV. Afterall, there is not much brain power needed when watching the TV as the story simply unfolds for you. However, with a video game, you do require to think of where and what to do next, plus points in the game often cause you to ask questions and 'wonder what would happen if...'

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Super Sonic said:
and many more,I'm too lazy to type 'em ;)

I couldn't have said it better myself

Riku213

God of Caos
vidoe games are our friends. because when i was young my gym teacher said i had the worst han eye coordintatiion on the planet. but my parents said you should come to our house and see our kid play his games. he prove ya wrong

Lost Heaven

buried in my thoughts
Website
xxlostheavenxx.livejournal.com
I learn more by playing videogames and going on the computer than I do watching t.v. Videogames/computers are more fun. And also, you can watch anime on your computer too. And sometimes theres nothing on t.v., so you can just go pop in a videogame or surf on the web.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
With video games, u have to carefully plan and co-ordinate actions that affect the characters story. It requires several thought aspects in the brain and requires 3 senses. But watching Television requires little neurological activity and only requires sight and sound senses. So playing games is actually good for you, and it also burns more calories (watching TV for an hour burns only 6 more calories than an hours sleep)

P

PIG.

You cant shoot Spongebob with a lightgun. (And I hate im for it)

Videogames are my life. I barely have any friends, people think im weird, why not go to the local arcade and play some DDR/Time Crisis to have some fun (Or street cred)

Angel X

Orally Fixated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sonic
and many more,I'm too lazy to type 'em

Although I totally agree with this ^^, I dont think it's a matter of comparsion. TV is a good way of gathering info, say, a project you are doin' at school etc. And as for computers, they're much the same, a sourse of info, besides, why are you here discussing this with us if it's not better than video games.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
our football team actually got better from playing madden 2005! if only you all could see some hits we had, they were like hit sticks. our coverage got better on defensive too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back