• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ask the KHinsider Staff: Birth by Sleep Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is your opportunity to ask the KHInsider staff any question you'd like relating to the recent new trailer! You can ask us personal questions like what our favorite aspects of the trailer was to more informative, specific questions such as what this tells us about the game's battle system and how much of the PSP's power is being pushed.

We will choose the best questions and answer them one on one on the main page of the site. <3 So get to asking!

Hyrenking

Can we confirm that this is indeed the closed door trailer that was shown in the mega theatre at the Tokyo Game Show?

RikusGaurdian

I'm curious to know, what do you guys (the staff) think about the gameplay shown?

Do you think it looks to be an improvement? Faster? Kind of like CoM?

alchemist

would there be any chance at finding a similar trailer for 358/2 Days but a lot longer then the one we have seen before

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
What do you, as the staff, think about MX's similarities to Xehanort/Ansem(SoD)/Xemnas that was observed/expressed in the trailer...?

twilightsbringin

That is excellent animation for the PSP, especially Terra's gameplay. Do you expect the game to have this advanced animation throughout? Or are they just dressing it up for the trailer?

trentp1223

will you look at my thread of Xehanorts relation to terra and tell me what you think? i believe it is a very good theory put together by me and fellow members.we also think it is siteworthy for the khinsider.com

thanks!

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
I don't think this is the TGS video, considering it has the revised fighting system in it. From the video, it appears the the fighting system is similar to Crisis Core, which isn't surprising.

EDIT: Oh, and did anyone else notice how the new enemy moves? Very, very fast. Almost like they're teleporting around.

Last edited:

DELTA152

Does BBS still include other Disney characters and Final Fantasy Characters? Because from what I've seen in the screens the only thing related to Disney and Final fantasy are the worlds.

I know that there are a ton of questions, but I just want to add...

What do you think of the graphics of BBS? Better than Crisis Core?

Obscured fire

|?|エリイ|?| Azixel
Website
azixel.deviantart.com
I think things will be easier if there was a translation.The person who posted the video said that will upload a better version of it though,but even if this video is bad quality,they might be able to translate something right?

Y

Yannis

I think things will be easier if there was a translation.The person who posted the video said that will upload a better version of it though,but even if this video is bad quality,they might be able to translate something right?
It´s been translated:

Terra confronts the old man from the KH2FM+ secret movie at the wasteland.

Xehanort: I believed you'd find your way by now??

Xehanort: Cross the wall between the light and darkness, to me

Xehanort: I'm tired of waiting for you, Terra

The old man offers out his hand. Oppositely, Terra makes a grim face.

Terra: …I have a "friend"

Terra: Answer me, Xehanort. What have you done to his heart?!

Terra summons a keyblade into his right hand.

In between these cutscenes they show the footage of playing the game as Terra.

An encounter between Xehanort and Ven at Olympus Coliseum.

Ven: Who are you? As for having met you…

Ven seems surprised at having remembered something.

Xehanort: Seems that you're losing it.

Xehanort: However, you haven't lost it permanently. In order to obtain it, give up.

Xehanort: Now recover everything, and discover the truth!

The old man releases magic from his hands, Ven's expression becomes confused and fearful.

Afterwards, the scene changes again to the wasteland.

Ven and the character wearing a black helmet and armor (The person who appeared in the secret of KH2FM +) are there.

The mysterious character throws back Ven.

Xehanort (Voice only): Those that submit to darkness are not qualified to wield the keyblade.

When Ven lifts his face, Mickey approaches

Destiny Island

Terra stares at the shore as the sun sets.

Terra stares onward at two boys sword fighting near a grove of trees. (Perhaps it is Sora and Riku)

(Only Terra and and the two boys are around.)

In the wasteland, the old man's face changes completely into an expression of yearning.

In a rocky place like Radiant Gardens, Terra carries the collapsed Ven in his arms.

Terra: I don't care about being master. This power, I use for my friends!!

Destiny Island

Ven stares at the shore as the sun sets.

He is looking downward with a despondent expression.

We're friends, therefore I wanted to ask something. Erase me.

Detronilizer

Might as well answer a few of these myself.

First of all, for all the people asking for a translation:

TGS BBS Trailer Summary said:
The ending to the opening of Kingdom Hearts is shown.
The words "Sleep gives birth to the concealed fate in the distant past." appear.

The Great Maw from Radiant Garden is seen, along with Ven and Terra (the latter is standing on a rock).
Terra: You saved me once, didn't you?
Ven: "Saved"? We're friends; it was only the natural thing to do.
Terra jumps down from the rock, laughs a bit, and puts his hand on Ven's shoulder
Terra: Thank you, Ven.

The Gathering Place (desert) is shown. Master Xehanort faces Terra.
Master Xehanort: I believed that you would find your way by now. The wall that separates light and darkness have exceeded one another, creating the original me. I'm tired of waiting, Terra!
Master Xehanort spreads his arms out wide in greeting. Opposite him, Terra makes a grim face. He summons his Keyblade.
Terra: I have a friend. Answer me, Xehanort... What have you done to his heart?!

Gameplay footage with Terra

Ven is shown in Olympus Coliseum. Ven turns around and sees Master Xehanort.
Ven: Who a- I've met you before...
Ven appears surprised.
Master Xehanort: Apparently, you're losing it. However, you haven't lost it permanently. In order to obtain it, give up!
Master Xehanort raises his hand and some sort of dark magic appears.
Ven has a surprised and fearful look on his face.

The scene switches back to The Gathering Place.
Ven is shown being blown back.
Ven hits the ground and looks up to see Master Xehanort's apprentice walking towards him.
The apprentice stops for a second, then Mickey jumps down in front of Ven, summons his Keyblade, and gets into a defensive stance.

Destiny Islands is shown.
Terra looks around and sees 4-year-old Sora and 5-year-old Riku playing with their wooden swords in the distance.

The scene switches to The Gathering Place again.
Master Xehanort appears apologetic.
Master Xehanort: One who delves too deep into the darkness cannot possibly qualify to wield the Keyblade! That man is a demon who has been infused with the darkness itself! Please, defeat the darkness, and correct my mistake!

The scene switches back to The Great Maw in Radiant Garden.
Terra carries a collapsed Ven in his arms.

Terra: I don't care about becoming master! This power... I will use for my friends!

Ven is seen on the shores of Destiny Islands.
Ven is looking down with a despondent expression.

Ven: We're friends, therefore I want to ask something. Please... Erase me.

someone mentioned that there was no focus bar, so my question is about that. was it an idea that they decided against

This is the TGS trailer that was released in September 2007, not the Jump Festa one that was released in December. So this was before they thought of the Focus Bar.

I don't think this is the TGS video, considering it has the revised fighting system in it. From the video, it appears the the fighting system is similar to Crisis Core, which isn't surprising.

EDIT: Oh, and did anyone else notice how the new enemy moves? Very, very fast. Almost like they're teleporting around.

As said above, the Focus Bar isn't shown, nor is the new Command Gauge and Command Deck. It is definitely the one from TGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back