• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Batman: Gotham Knights

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Ooc: We can't move on until LDJ returns. So let's just make the best of it and Bump by using IC posts.

Gavin Degraw sounded through Noah's earpiece as the moon stood at it's highest. It illuminated the streets of Gotham like a flashlight would light up the darkest part of an underground cave. "I don't want to be" ended and a new song started to play. But, in the wakings of this song, the volume was still low and Noah could hear a young woman cry. He unplugged his ears and put everything back where it belonged. The woman's voice didn't sound as if she was in pain but you never knew for sure. He had to hurry. Quickly he jumped from one rooftop to the other, trying to be as fast as he could. When he reached the end of the fourth roof, he heard that the cries were wandering off, with the woman crying in a weird way. She was definatly being forced. As hard as Noah tried, he couldn't find the origin of this voice. He wanted to swear outloud, but he managed to prevent that just in time by slamming his heel on the top of his other foot. The short burst of pain reminded him of where he was and that was all he needed to be quiet.
'NO! GET OFF OF ME!' The voice was now very close. It was on the street in front of him. Noah peered over the edge and saw two men standing besides a young woman, no older than 18. What was she doing in a place like this? In a city like this? At a time like this?

Solarized

A Legend Returned
In a place where your worst nightmares are real
ooc: sorry guys for not posting. Been real busy lately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun slowly began to rise over the roofops of Gotham from the distance and it started to take over the watch duties from the moon as it gently fell back under the horizon until it was it's shift again.

Shade had decided that it was best to call it a day and head back to the mansion, not a lot happened really during the day, well nothin that the good ole Gotham Blue boys couldn't handle anyway. Turning about he ran towards the edge of the nearby roof and onto the street below.

There on the street was his own veichle. Each knight had one, especially tuned to match each's style. Shade's was a metallic black modified Aston Martin DB9. Fittied with machine guns and a grapple it was capable of 0-60 in less than three seconds and easily the nicest looking car in the batcave. Jumping in he started to engine and set off back to the cave. While on route he activated his communicator, a direct link to the others.

"Shade here. Returning to the cave. See you all back there."

Within twenty minutes he was back and had pulled up in the garage where the other cars were parked. Jumping out he pulled off his mask and top before sitting in a chair just across from the cars. There he waited for the others to return, or meet him if they were already here, so they could catch up and de-breif.

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
ooc: I was thinking of using the DB9. Funny how people think alike.

I was sitting on a gargoyle atop the ledge of a building. My watch vibrated. I then brought it up to see why, it was Shade. Knew it.

"...Returning to the cave. See you all back there."

Given that the sun was rising, It was probably a good idea. It isn't really necessary to fight crime right now anyways, the police can take care of it.

I stood up. And from the top of that gargoyle I looked down to the streets for my car. A, no THE Mclaren SLR
. Let's start off with defense mechanisms, it's bullet proof, fire proof, has oil slicks, smoke screens, and caltrops. Then there are the, flame throwers, 35mm machine guns, missiles behind the headlights. And the piece De resistance, four cup holders. That's a lot of shit huh? And I'm about to install an EMP gun. To sum it up, it's a really fast, really sexy, and really expensive tank. Just to save you time on the engine I'll just say it can hit triple digits mph in four seconds. Shade and I often argue over who's car is better. Somehow he has the notion that his is the best in the cave...Not.

Having found my car, I pressed a button on my watch, activating the car I then jumped off of the gargoyle. Plummeting to the earth below. after two seconds I shot a grappling cord from my watch, it caught on to a ledge swinging me through the air. Then letting go I was thrown in the direction of my car. When I did finally hit the ground I rolled into my landing so as to not break any bones. I was right in-front of my car, perfect. I then opened the door and got in.

Later after stopping for a coffee I was back in the cave. I perked hte car an got out. Once out I tshut the sull-wing door. "So, Shade you find anything outside of the ordinary rapist or thief? I know I didn't." I said to him while taking off my jacket. I then walked headed to the computer waiting for a reply.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Noah had just placed his foot and on the edge of the high roof, ready to jump down, when he heard laughter from the persons below. It was all a joke. Even the woman started laughing, slowly at first but soon it was a genuine laugh. What a joke. His PDA started to buzz and oah took it from his pocket. There was a message wating for him, from Shade it appeared. He took an earpiece and planted it in his ear, before hitting the play button.
"Shade here. Returning to the cave. See you all back there."
That was clear. The night was finally over. Noah returned the PDA's screen to it's desktop and he pushed a red button, which called forth his car: A Nissan GT-R Proto, the next generation of racing cars, the sucessor of the infamous Nissan Skyline. The grey and black ride was fitted with two railgund on the side and one rocket launcher in a trunkcompartment. To speed things up when needed, he had inserted NOS into his car like the streetracers use. The bulletproof metal and windows finished the car. It was his pride and joy which he called: The Puddle Jumper, after the spaceship in Stargate Atlantis. The Jumper came riding down the street, chasing everyone away by a blasting horn. Noah jumped down to the ground and got in as fast as he could. His night was over.

wisdom&valor

Bronze Member
Website
www.flickr.com
Artic heard a ring ring in his neckalce. He put the motercycle on auto drive. He pressed the ice neckalce he heard Shades voice telling him to return. "Artic here, returing to base" he siad then pushing the ice necklace. He then turned of auto drive and press turbo and he was on his way to the mansion. He stopped to get a coffe sipped it down then left. He zoomed to the mansion and entering the cave. He parcked his bike and got of he saw shade. "What's up" he siad putting away his uniform and verything to revile his normal clothing.

Solarized

A Legend Returned
Shade watched on from his seat in the cave as the others one by one pulled up and got out of their veichles. It was good to see each one back and alright, Shade didn't want to have to one day go out and look for anyone of them, though he was confident that that day would never come.

He smirked as Keli pulled up in his SLK. They always got into an argument over whose was better, then again Shade knew it was only jelousy because the DB9 was far better. As Keli walked over he replied to his question.

"Basically. Same old same old i guess. I'll see you upstairs."

With that he got up out of his seat and started to walk towards the elevator which led back to the mansion. As he walked over he stopped infront of a glass cabinet. Inside were all the costumes of the previous "administration" as it was. There, in perfect condition were the costumes of Richard Grayson's Nightwing, Tim Drake's Robin and Cassandra Cain's Batgirl. They were all peices of history and should be kept that way. Meanwhile to the side in a cabinet of it's own was Bruce's old suit, the famous and feared Batman suit that terrorised the criminal underground for decades.

It was that suit which saved Gotham from it's hell like status and on numerous occasions it was believed that Shade would one day take over the mantle of Batman. However Shade had always refused those beliefs. Deep in Shade's mind was the belief that Batman should stay a legend, one that parents would tell their children to prevent them from turning to crime. Bruce was the only one worthy of donning that persona and nobody else should wear the costume.

Every night after patrol Shade would quietly pay his respects to the person who save him and wonder what Bruce was doing at the moment. After that he would go into the elevator with the others and relax as he should do before another night of patroling. This morning was no different and so he proceeded to take the elevator.

Up stairs in the library a bookshelve opened up and revealed the elevator, one of the many passages in the mansion to the cave, though only the knights knew of them of course. Walking out he proceeded to the kitchen to relax.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Cale: Cale awoke with a start. She could hear Shade's familiar voice coming from her watch that was lying idly on the nightstand, but being only half-awake she didn't quite catch what he had said. Cale groaned. She felt like shit.

She reached over to the watch and took it lazily in her hand, her eyes still determinedly (sp?) shut. Cale pressed a button on the side of it and spoke groggily into it. "Wait...what? Copy that...where are y'all at, exactly?"

Cale figured that she didn't need to mention her name, seeing as she was the only female amongst her comrades.

She sat up and opened her eyes, waiting for a reply.

wisdom&valor

Bronze Member
Website
www.flickr.com
He pulled out his ipod oustmly amde for him and played Panic at the disco time to dance. He went past the 3 coustumes of the famous heros of gothem. Nightwings,Robins and Batgirls but thre was one he loved the most Batman's coustume the one that toutured him. The one who helped him with his wepons. He still believd one day he'll see Bruce agian. He followed shade into the kitchen and grabbed pancake mix to make pancakes "anyone want pancakes" he asked he was a very good cook.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
The ashtrey of the car popped open, not reveilling a pot filled with ashes but a screen with a keypad on it. Noah punched in his code, having it remembered from when he first heard it, and his own parking space was revealed. The ground split open, revealing an elevator for the cars and he rode the Puddle Jumper in a perfect possition. As he got out, he stroked the side of the car with a gentle touch and he left the elevator, pressing a button making it go down. He then glanced over to where the suits were displayed as if he was paying his respects. He was still not going up there personally for he refused to accept that they were good enough to be honored. It was still a grudge he held for his family. It was the only thing keeping him going, the thought of doing better than Batman.
"Wait...what? Copy that...where are y'all at, exactly?" Cale's voice echoed through his earpiece, reminding him he still had it in. He didn't want to reply, or even acknowledge he was there, so he just returned his piece to the PDA and went up to the mansion via a passage not going passed the suits.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Cale: Cale got no reply. She tossed off her comforter and stood up out of bed. She stood up on her tip-toes and stretched as much of her body as she could and then strapped the watch onto her wrist. Whatever it was that they had said wasn't very important apparently, because they weren't replying.

Cale figured that she'd just make her way down to the kitchen and see if there was anyone there. There usually was at this time of day.

Cale opened her closet and pulled out a thin black robe and threw it over her shoulders. She slipped her feet into a pair of black slippers as well. The cold marble floors of the mansion weren't very fun to walk across barefoot in the morning.

Cale left her bedroom and made her way down the stairs. She didn't need a clock to tell what time it was...the light that flooded the main foyer gave it away. It was sometime around 9:00 and 9:30.

She came to the kitchen and found Shade and two of her other comrades. Cale smiled weakly. "Oh...good morning, guys. Anyone making anything special for breakfast?"

wisdom&valor

Bronze Member
Website
www.flickr.com
"Yes i am amking pancakes" he siad flipping the pancakes. Then he put 3 on a plate. Then he made more of them. By 2 minutes 20 whre on one plate. He put them on the table."So who wants pancakes" he siad putting down the syurp and butter. Also he quickly set the table. He went back to the stove to get coffe.

Solarized

A Legend Returned
ooc: Yo Wisdom. Would appreciate it if you tried to keep it to two paragrpahs a post plese mate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shade simply smiled as Cale entered the kitchen and ackknowledge them all. It was clear that she had just woken up, you didn't need any of Bruce's detective classes to solve that one. As she entered he opened the fridge and pulled out a bottle of apple juice before sitting on the counter and drinkin git from the bottle. As he finished he turned to Cale and smiled again,

"I see you decided to sleep this night then hey?"

A quiet laugh followed as he jokingly asked where Clae was tonight, then again the night wasn't too busy so it wasn't really important that the whole team wasn't out. Jumping off of the counter he threw the empty bottle in the bin and walked off into the mansion,

"I got stuff to do guys. I'll see you all later."

wisdom&valor

Bronze Member
Website
www.flickr.com
occ: oppsy sorry bout that

He pushed at red button and it led to a celler. He walked down the mahgony steps leading to the coffe bean cellear. "Alfead always got his spiceal coffie beans down here" he siad to himself. He arrived down thre threw as shevels and shelves of coffie beans. He nver came down here before it was his first time. Alfred told him the password a year ago but now he liked coffe so it came to use.

He looked at the shevels that read. Cinnamon , Parsnip, Turnip ,Freash Mint, Lemon, Carmel ,Choclate, Strawberry,Normaland many more.

He picked Normal and brought it up and but it in the grinder and put in the machine. He wanted to start conversation. Yesterday was a usal night. He wondered what the others did. SO he thought he should ask. "what did you guys yesterday night, what criems did you stop" he asked "i saved a girl from rape and robbery" he added taking the coffe bowl ouf of the machine. Then he porred 5 cups of coffe.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Noah kicked open the door with a gentle touch, making sure he didn't pull another muscle. That was his way of living. When he was off duty or not in training, he was naturally lazy. It was like a second nature for him. It was equally as normal for him as breathing. In fact, he only opened that door by pressing his foot against it as he walked. He got into the kitchen with his usual air of lazyness and he plopped himself on a chair which was vacant. The smell of pancakes reached his nose and his thoughts were redirected to the present.
'Can I have some that please?' He now noticed for the first time that his stomach was growling like a savage wolf.

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
OOC: Isn't Alfred a little old (and by old, I mean laying in his grave) to still be the butler? Perhaps we should let LDJ create another character for that role...

Cale: Cale chuckled. "Sorry for sleeping in so late, guys. Rough night last night...well, on a normal person's standards, that is. Anyways, how was your guys' night? Anything besides the usual rape, robery, blubbering drunk, so on?"

She walked over to the fridge that Shade had been at, moments before and opened it. As she did so, she caught the smell of pancakes and remembered that she had asked a question pertaining to breakfast and had received an answer without even noticing it. She glanced at the fluffy goodness that was sitting in a pan on the stove."Oooh...pancakes," Cale said excitedly while pulling out a carton of pomegranate juice.

Cale loved having an excessive amount of money. Mainly for the purpose of being able to eat anything healthy that she wanted without taking into account that natural and organic foods were usually considerably more expensive then the generic, processed foods.

Cale poored herself a glass and sat down, eyeing the pancakes as they were being prepared...

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
Keil entered the kitchen. He was hungry and the smell of pancakes didn't help. "Yo." he said as he walked to the fridge. He then opened the door and reached in for a twenty ounce bottle of orange juice. He always kept them in bottles. That way when he wouldn't have to waste glasses.

After opening his juice and closing the fridge. He walked over to the table and sat down. "So, how was everybody's nights? What did you guys run into? Some kid tried to rob me, but given that he was probably still in school I didn't have the heart to arrest him. So I gave him a kick in the chest and five-hundred bucks. Anyone else have anything that can actually be deemed improtant?" He asked the rest of the knights in the kitchen, he then took a swing of his juice.

wisdom&valor

Bronze Member
Website
www.flickr.com
Fan finnaly out the pancakees on allof the plates at the set table. Also he poured every bit of coffre in each cup. "enjoy" he siad he sat down and took a bit of his pancakes.They where dilacious as always. "Are they good" he asked the people who whre obviosly whre looking at the pancakes.
Occ: thres not much to post sorry next post ill try to think of something

Solarized

A Legend Returned
ooc: Alright guys i'm gonna jump ahead twelve hours just so i can get the story going. Oh there is now Alfred, he's dead now. If you have any queries about any other character then PM me please and i'll tell you what's happened to them, otherwise i'll explain each characters story in due course.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shade returned back to the mansion from his daily routines. While Shade had no family connection to Bruce or had no inheritence passed onto him it was clear that the media had decided to make him the focus of the Gotham spotlight while Bruce and the others were away. Though it seemed like mere folly it proved to be a great way to find information around the city for him. Shade had been out doing the whole charity gig, splashing a bit of cash on a new school to keep the media happy an to also try and dig around with some of his sources in the media.

Meanwhile as Bruce left many wondered what would happen to Waynetech industries and it's various sub-divisions. The answer infact was quite simple and well planned well ahead of Bruce's leaving. When Bruce left he passed on all power temporarily to the CEO of Waynetech, Lucious Fox. However Lucious was now an old man and the running o the business had fallen onto the young shoulders of his son, Abe, who was close freinds with the Shade and the other Knights while supplying them with the equipment they esired as well.

As he entered through the front door Shade threw off his suit jacket onto the coat rack and started to move into the mansion. As he did his stare moved to the large sel portrait of Alfred Pennyworth, hanging on the wall at the end of the large staircase. Unfortunatly Alfred died shortly before the Knights finished their training. He had served as their resting shoulder so it seemed, the one person the Knights could turn to for advice or just to talk. To put it simply Alfred took it upon himself to act the father figure, much like he had done with Bruce. However his spell on this earth came to a quick end a his time simply came to be and he died of old age at the age of eighty two. His grave currently lies at the back of Wayne Manor under his favourite tree with the message on the headstone,

Alfred Pennyworth. Loyal Servant. True Freind.

Thinking of Alfred for a breif moment Shade continued through to where he believed the others to be before he was interrupted by the vibration of his mobile phone. Pulling it out of his pocket Shade checked the number only to find no numbe on the screen. Intruiged by what was happening Shade accepted the call by flipping the mobile open and answered with a questionable "hello?"

"Good evening Shade. I don't want to talk for long so i'll just get straight to the point. Gotham museum of art and literature is currently being broken into by an unknown assailant."

Listening carefully Shade could tell that the voice belonged to a wome, an elderly one at that it seemed. How she got a hold of Shade's number was unknown, not many people other then the knights knew it. Even more strange was her knowledge of this museum break in and her apparent knowledge of knowing who Shade really was. Without hesitating Shade replied.

"Who is this?"

"I'm an ally so to say. If you need to call me anything then simply call me...........Oracl-"

"Don't you dare even say that name. You should know that that isn't possible."

Shade was right, if this person was about to claim she was the Oracle then she must have stolen the codname from the original. Sadly Barbara Gordon, the original oracle, was no longer of this existence as well. You see in this family it seemed misfortune arrived in droves. Barbara had been asked by Bruce to help train the young Knights in computer technology. Hacking, spying, intelligence gathering, Barbara was asked to teach how to do these and much more. However what Bruce didn't realise as that Barbara had cancer. Shenever told anyone, believing that she could fight it on her own this time. However she was wrong and just two weeks after Alfred passed away the Knights and the others were all attending Barbara's funeral. Since then nobody used the codename Oracle, until now it seemed.

"Shade my dear. I know Barbara meant a lot and i promise tht she will not be forgotten. Yes i am the Oracle and i am here to help."

With that the women now simply known as Oracle placed the phone down and left Shade to think about her words. Taking a moment to scan through ll the images that quickly flowed through his head Shade moved towards an old grandfather clock in the corner of the room. here he opened the case and moved the hands to twelve forty six. As the last hand moved into place the clock opened up and revealed a large firemans pole. Grabbing it instantly Shade slid down and arrived in the cave. Landing on the firm ground Shade moved straight over to the large computer and pressed a button on the keyboard. This activated a small vibration in each Knights earpeice, alerting them to their call before Shade spoke,

"All Knight's report to the cve immedietly."

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Cale: It was nighttime now, and Cale was in the data room. She was wearing a black tanktop, khaki capri pants, a green sweater that fell to her mid thighs, and a pair of gray converse. She was currently sorting through some of the new gadgets that Abe had invented. He had dropped them off earlier this afternoon as samples. If the Knights found anything in there that they fancied, they'd simply tell Abe and he'd get straight to work and start mass-producing them for the team.

Cale picked up a small, palm-sized, black, plastic case and examined it. She found the button that opened it and pressed it. Inside, was a pair of contact lenses and a silver ring. On the ring were tiny little notches...Cale wondered what they were for...

Then Shade's voice came over her watch. Everyone was wanted in the bat cave...she wondered why.

Without further ado, Cale got up and made her way acroos the data/computer room. There were a few different entrances to the bat cave, and luckily, there was one in the data room. Cale put in the passcode and the door opened for her, allowing her to pass into one of the cave's lifts. She pressed the button with the arrow facing down, and grabbed onto the sidebar for balance as the lift lowered. Cale could see the stoney walls of the cave as she came closer to the ground.

The lift came to the ground and Cale promptly got off, looking around to see if Shade was in sight...she could hear his voice...

wisdom&valor

Bronze Member
Website
www.flickr.com
It was nighttime and Fan(artics real name) was at a christina aguleria concert. He was dancing and having fun.But then a rang came in his ear. He ran out of the concert when his fave song ended. He was outside and it was snowing he loved the snow. he pressed his neckalce twice and he heard the messeges.

One told him to meet shade in the bat cave.He got in his Ferreai 2006 painted blue and headed to the bat cave. He got thre and he saw Cale but no shade "mabye shade is hiding in the shade" he siad luaghing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back