• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Better music with Daniel Faraday. Also, time travel.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crazium

Odelay is really a bit too smooth... I love it but I often forget it's on. You have to concentrate.
A lot of albums are like that.

This conversation is now about me being frustrated with the not-Vision Creation Newsun Boredoms albums. >:[

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
That's because Boredoms aren't meant to be liked. They actively attempt to be unlikeable. It's what Japanese bands are into these days.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
That's because Boredoms aren't meant to be liked. They actively attempt to be unlikeable. It's what Japanese bands are into these days.

wtf... How do you not like Vision Creation Newsun? just because you can only listen to something with flannel shirts and neckbeards. Even Alec likes Boredoms, my god are you behind.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
wtf... How do you not like Vision Creation Newsun? just because you can only listen to something with flannel shirts and neckbeards. Even Alec likes Boredoms, my god are you behind.

I just don't. I find it all incredibly pretentious and unlistenable. And no, trust me, Alec hates Boredoms. We were just talking about this a few days ago, actually.

The hipster label is starting to kind of piss me off, by the way. The more time I spend at shows the more I'm starting to realize that it's a term that should be reserved for anyone who shows up and listens to music because it's cool without actually liking music rather than someone who likes AC, Grizzly Bear, Dirty Projectors etc.. Flannel shirts, horn rimmed glasses, urban outfitters, whatever, I don't have a problem with the image, but music is music, if you enjoy it, great for you, if you don't, don't fucking pretend you do just to seem cooler.

Just had to get that out, sorry.

Massive Attack

Awards
I just don't. I find it all incredibly pretentious and unlistenable. And no, trust me, Alec hates Boredoms. We were just talking about this a few days ago, actually.

The hipster label is starting to kind of piss me off, by the way. The more time I spend at shows the more I'm starting to realize that it's a term that should be reserved for anyone who shows up and listens to music because it's cool without actually liking music rather than someone who likes AC, Grizzly Bear, Dirty Projectors etc.. Flannel shirts, horn rimmed glasses, urban outfitters, whatever, I don't have a problem with the image, but music is music, if you enjoy it, great for you, if you don't, don't fucking pretend you do just to seem cooler.

Just had to get that out, sorry.

alec you fucking backstabber.

it's completely unpretentious. how is it pretentious, they just jam, it's not like there's anything lyrical that can come off as pretentious... even if there was, it would be in japanese and wouldn't affect me due to lack of japanese language skillz. vision creation newsun is pretty melodic, along with other stuff. i don't see what your problem is with it. even crazium likes it. crazium likes christian metalcore, come on man.

image is horrible, most of the music is horrible.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Or maybe you could go watch the Big Lebrowski? But yeah, I just don't like it lol. Me, Alec, and some friends had a Boredoms jam session though, which was just us mashing chords through a shitton of a effects, spouting nonsense, and having like six people play one drum set. It was actually pretty awesomely fun.

Massive Attack

Awards
Or maybe you could go watch the Big Lebrowski? But yeah, I just don't like it lol. Me, Alec, and some friends had a Boredoms jam session though, which was just us mashing chords through a shitton of a effects, spouting nonsense, and having like six people play one drum set. It was actually pretty awesomely fun.

i've seen it >:Y

see. now that wasn't a 'pretentious' jam, was it? now you know how boredoms feel - they are just having fun.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
It comes off as being pretentious, since Boredoms rehearse and don't just jam in a mocking fashion lol. It definitely was a boatload of awesome, though, no denying that.

Massive Attack

Awards
It comes off as being pretentious, since Boredoms rehearse and don't just jam in a mocking fashion lol. It definitely was a boatload of awesome, though, no denying that.

they rehearse in a mocking fashion. have you heard their noise rock dada stuff?... they're hardly serious.

Rorschach

Speaking japanoise...

Do one of you nice fellows happen to have Afrirampo's self titled on your comps? I've been searching all over for it but to no avail.

I heard their self titled song on youtube and it was pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back