• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Braces

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I just got these this morning, they hurt, but not as bad as I thought. My question to you guys is, have you had them, and what did you do to relive the pain!!!!! Pain killers haven't worked, so I am looking for something, anything.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Ooh, I used ibprofen or aspirin but since those might not work from you said. Try some Oraljel or any type of oral anesthetic gel you can get a hold of. It should numb your gums for a while and the pain should be relieved after a while.
Braces suck but good luck to you!

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Ooh, I used ibprofen or aspirin but since those might not work from you said. Try some Oraljel or any type of oral anesthetic gel you can get a hold of. It should numb your gums for a while and the pain should be relieved after a while.
Braces suck but good luck to you!
Yeah they do, the doctor gave me some gel (not the wax, but some other stuff.) I think I will try it.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Yeah they do, the doctor gave me some gel (not the wax, but some other stuff.) I think I will try it.

They usually work for a short time (so you'll have to apply it a couple of times) but they do take off some of the pain.
Hope that was a little assistance.

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com
Well, the first week or so will be annoying.

Stick to soft foods.

As for the pain, try drinking/eating something cold.

Ice cream, milkshakes, and cold water are all good for helping with pain.

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
braces SUCK! good luck, brah.
actually, i get mine off tomorrow morning! :3
yeah they will be sore for a few days. it was never so bad that i needed aspirin though... so i'm not really sure what to say. suck it up, i guess. :)

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Well, the first week or so will be annoying.

Stick to soft foods.

As for the pain, try drinking/eating something cold.

Ice cream, milkshakes, and cold water are all good for helping with pain.
That is what the Doctor said. They put these things on the back of my two front teeth called turbos, that don't let me bite down all the way.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
i had mine for almost five years or so.

after the first couple of weeks, you won't notice them so much. i didn't even use the wax stuff they gave me.

biggest tip though - keep them CLEAN! nothing nastier than walking around with stuff in them and people seeing it. and its not hard at all to get them that way. carry around toothpicks, or i had these plastic picks that i used, for after meals.

how long you gotta wear yours?

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
i had mine for almost five years or so.

after the first couple of weeks, you won't notice them so much. i didn't even use the wax stuff they gave me.

biggest tip though - keep them CLEAN! nothing nastier than walking around with stuff in them and people seeing it. and its not hard at all to get them that way. carry around toothpicks, or i had these plastic picks that i used, for after meals.

how long you gotta wear yours?

I have them for three years, and I am already 16.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
I had mine for two and a half years. Then they put in a permanent retainer (little metal bar) along my front bottom teeth, and I had to wear a retainer for about a year (first all day, then at night, then every other night, etc).

The only time they hurt or were bothersome were the first couple days after getting the wire tightened. I'd just stick to eating Alphagetti's, Ravioli and other soft, pasta like that. To help with the pain, I sucked on ice cubes. Sounds weird, but it's just like putting ice on a sore joint.

Blueman

I just got these this morning, they hurt, but not as bad as I thought. My question to you guys is, have you had them, and what did you do to relive the pain!!!!! Pain killers haven't worked, so I am looking for something, anything.

bite down on something - HARD. it really does help. more specifically: nibble on stuff.

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com
That is what the Doctor said. They put these things on the back of my two front teeth called turbos, that don't let me bite down all the way.

ffff, turbos don't sound fun. D:

I didn't get those. :c

Do you have a wire on the roof of your mouth?

Because that's what I got. :>

And yeah, like Banishing Blade said, sucking on ice cubes might help.

Just don't bite them.
Last thing you want are holes in your teeth.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Use Ibrufen. And just a heads up. Don't break a bracket as much as I have. When you get it tightened, you get the fun of 'Fuck my MOUTH' all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back