• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Card Captor Sakura

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Did you like Card Captor Sakura?

• Love it? YAH!

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No...it was really stupid.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiku

Bronze Member
Website
www.s14.invisionfree.com
Has anyone else ever weatched CCS? I just got done watching like the whole thing. The moives too. I am a yaoi fan BUT! Sakura and Syaoran are the only two anime characters that should stay together! I hate most MxF pairings but SxS stays in my books. They are so cute. So what did you all think of the anime?

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
i defiantly like this series, subbed, i hated any form of dub of this series since the dub totally ruined it

Kaiku

Bronze Member
Website
www.s14.invisionfree.com
yah...example:

My little brother loves anime as much as i do but he can't read sll that well so when i found the first moive in dub english i was going to watch it with him. Problem...the voices were horrible and the dub names sucked!! I almost cried it was so bad. i've gotten so used to watching Japanese subs that i look for subtitles when i'm watching TV.

Epilogue

killjoy princess
CCS Was really good until it got dubbed. o__o Tomoyo...Madison...no way x_x.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
Heh...I watched & read both.

The dub wasn't really bad to me & the manga is so pretty.
I love this anime. It's my most 2nd fav besides Sailor Moon when it comes 2 magical girl anime. Sux it got cancelled but now I read the sequel manga of CCS

Sometimes I have a feeling Yukito is gay with Sakura's brother.
lol...they make a cute couple ^^;

evil_kenshin

BunnyCupCakes said:
Sometimes I have a feeling Yukito is gay with Sakura's brother.
lol...they make a cute couple ^^;

well homosexuality is one of the themes of CCS, i mean it was also hinted that Syaorian had a crush on Yukito (notice the way he acts when he sees him)

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
It's better in subbed version. No, I always had a feeling that Syoaran though of Yukito as a big brother, and that Syoaran like Sakura.

The dubbed version was horrendous, well, the song was catchy. "Card Captors! A mystic adventure!" lol Also, they changed Sakura's last name to Avalon, how low can dubbing get?

evil_kenshin

tidusora said:
It's better in subbed version. No, I always had a feeling that Syoaran though of Yukito as a big brother, and that Syoaran like Sakura.

watch the first time that they encounter each other (during the time syoaran first demands the cards from sakura, and then her older brother goes to her rescue, yukito jumps over the fence cause he has extra food or something and look at the emotion syoaran shows)

Kaiku

Bronze Member
Website
www.s14.invisionfree.com
twilight_dragon said:
If you want your CCS series continue read Tsubasa Cronicle

read it and watched it. I swear, i really will never wonder again why so many people flamed CCS when it was dubbed. I mean come on should we all list off what was wrong with the anime when they dubbed it. i'll start...

1. Horrible Names
2. Horrible AV's
3. They cut out a lot od eps. (in NA it ran to 39 eps. but Japan had 70. They still showed the last ep. but it was so dubbed that you never even got to see Sakura get the bear from Syaoran)
4. They dubbed the fact the Syaoran liked Sakura & Yukito. (And Syaoran only liked Yukito because he could feel the power of the moon coming from him. Yue says so in one of the eps. so there is hinted shonen-ai. also in ep. 66 Sakura tells Yukito she loves him but Yukito asks her if she really loves him like she thinks. She says that she loves him kind of like how she loves her father. Then Yukito goes off on how she has to find the person she really loves and that he already loved someone. she asked him if it was Touya and Yukito said yes. so there's another hint of shonen-ai.)

Now i forgot all the other complaints i had...damn...someone else finsh my listy thingy. I did point out some good things though, and i cleared out a lot of confusion. The manga and the anime only differ by a bit so those of you that read the manga good for you. Then the ones that watched the sub that's another point, if you did both awesome. If you only watched the dub and thought it was good, you really need to go and get your head checked. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back