• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Citrenella, A contradiction?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty Pistol

Website
www.geocities.com
Time for a Conspiracy theory!

Citrenella Candles...a Contradiction?

The point of a citrenella candle is to keep mosqitoes ridden with all sorts of fun diseases away, correct? But only when lighted. Light attracts bugs, and citrenellas candles only work for a short distence. Light goes farther than smell. To completly safeguard your patio, you would have to create a huge wall of lighted citrenellas candles. In essence, with all that light, that should bring a lot of mosquiotes. So, beyond that wall, would that make a line of bugs shielding the outside of the candles where the smell doesn't reach? what happens when the lights have to eventually be snuffed out? Would the insects be smart enough to go for the kill? In order for the candles to work, with that big wall, reinstating everything i just said, wouldn't that candle cause more harm that good? If the insects do go in for the kill, would citrenella be indirectly be responsible for murder?

Discuss!

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
This is a random topic o_O lol. You would think that, but when I went camping with my freind, his mom used those canddles and they worked pretty good even after they went off.

Pretty Pistol

Website
www.geocities.com
*Bump*

You never know. This is just one of my many stupid theories, but in my experience, we have a huge mosquito problem, and the candles don't always work. Which brings me to another theory about that "off" bug spray that makes you "invisible" to bugs, but thats for another time.

And yes, i know its random.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
No wonder they never seem to ward off insects! This is most harrowing. *runs off to tell everyone*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back