• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cloud's Bike Fenrir Has A History...A Suprising History

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_is_mine*2

Cloud Strife's Bike Fenrir has a history that a lot of people don't know about. I too, didn't know, but after reading this...well. Here you go. This is the story of Fenrir.

Basically, Fenrir is a power that can explode at any given time and really cannot be tamed. Fenrir is a wolf, which helps explain the SOLDIER logo. The story says that only one other power is able to destroy Fenrir, but Fenrir is strong enough to fight back. Sounds like the battle of Sephiroth and Cloud to me.

fenrir.jpg

Behold mighty Fenrir
Fenrir (or Fenris) is a gigantic and terrible monster in the shape of a wolf. He is the eldest child of Loki and the giantess Angrboda. The gods learned of a prophecy which stated that the wolf and his family would one day be responsible for the destruction of the world. They caught the wolf and locked him in a cage. Only the god of war, Tyr, dared to feed and take care of the wolf.
When he was still a pup they had nothing to fear, but when the gods saw one day how he had grown, they decided to render him harmless. However, none of the gods had enough courage to face the gigantic wolf. Instead, they tried to trick him. They said the wolf was weak and could never break free when he was chained. Fenrir accepted the challenge and let the gods chain him. Unfortunately, he was so immensely strong that he managed to break the strongest fetters as if they were cobwebs.

After that, the gods saw only one alternative left: a magic chain. They ordered the dwarves to make something so strong that it could hold the wolf. The result was a soft, thin ribbon: Gleipnir. It was incredibly strong, despite what its size and appearance might suggest. The ribbon was fashioned of six strange elements: the footstep of a cat; the roots of a mountain; a woman's beard; the breath of fishes; the sinews of a bear; and a bird's spittle.

The gods tried to trick the wolf again, only this time Fenrir was less eager to show his strength. He saw how thin the chain was, and said that was no pride in breaking such a weak chain. Eventually, though, he agreed, thinking that otherwise his strength and courage would be doubted. Suspecting treachery however, he in turn asked the gods for a token of good will: one of them had to put a hand between his jaws. The gods were not overly eager to do this, knowing what they could expect. Finally, only Tyr agreed, and the gods chained the wolf with Gleipnir. No matter how hard Fenrir struggled, he could not break free from this thin ribbon. In revenge, he bit off Tyr's hand.

Being very pleased with themselves, the gods carried Fenrir off and chained him to a rock (called Gioll) a mile down into the earth. They put a sword between his jaws to prevent him from biting. On the day of Ragnarok, Fenrir will break his chains and join the giants in their battle against the gods. He will seek out Odin and devour him. Vidar, Odin's son, will avenge his father by killing the wolf.

fenrir_cloud.png

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I don't see anything that has to do with FFVII, they probably just picked the name just because it's the name of a God, plenty of other FF's use the name Fenrir, it's like Ifrit or Shiva or Bahamut, it has no specific tie to FFVII =\

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cloud Strife's Bike Fenrir has a history that a lot of people don't know about. I too, didn't know, but after reading this...well. Here you go. This is the story of Fenrir.

Basically, Fenrir is a power that can explode at any given time and really cannot be tamed. Fenrir is a wolf, which helps explain the SOLDIER logo. The story says that only one other power is able to destroy Fenrir, but Fenrir is strong enough to fight back. Sounds like the battle of Sephiroth and Cloud to me.

fenrir.jpg

Behold mighty Fenrir
Fenrir (or Fenris) is a gigantic and terrible monster in the shape of a wolf. He is the eldest child of Loki and the giantess Angrboda. The gods learned of a prophecy which stated that the wolf and his family would one day be responsible for the destruction of the world. They caught the wolf and locked him in a cage. Only the god of war, Tyr, dared to feed and take care of the wolf.
When he was still a pup they had nothing to fear, but when the gods saw one day how he had grown, they decided to render him harmless. However, none of the gods had enough courage to face the gigantic wolf. Instead, they tried to trick him. They said the wolf was weak and could never break free when he was chained. Fenrir accepted the challenge and let the gods chain him. Unfortunately, he was so immensely strong that he managed to break the strongest fetters as if they were cobwebs.

After that, the gods saw only one alternative left: a magic chain. They ordered the dwarves to make something so strong that it could hold the wolf. The result was a soft, thin ribbon: Gleipnir. It was incredibly strong, despite what its size and appearance might suggest. The ribbon was fashioned of six strange elements: the footstep of a cat; the roots of a mountain; a woman's beard; the breath of fishes; the sinews of a bear; and a bird's spittle.

The gods tried to trick the wolf again, only this time Fenrir was less eager to show his strength. He saw how thin the chain was, and said that was no pride in breaking such a weak chain. Eventually, though, he agreed, thinking that otherwise his strength and courage would be doubted. Suspecting treachery however, he in turn asked the gods for a token of good will: one of them had to put a hand between his jaws. The gods were not overly eager to do this, knowing what they could expect. Finally, only Tyr agreed, and the gods chained the wolf with Gleipnir. No matter how hard Fenrir struggled, he could not break free from this thin ribbon. In revenge, he bit off Tyr's hand.

Being very pleased with themselves, the gods carried Fenrir off and chained him to a rock (called Gioll) a mile down into the earth. They put a sword between his jaws to prevent him from biting. On the day of Ragnarok, Fenrir will break his chains and join the giants in their battle against the gods. He will seek out Odin and devour him. Vidar, Odin's son, will avenge his father by killing the wolf.

fenrir_cloud.png

meh i knew about this already. although whats strange is that fenrir was on the bad side, while cloud was on the good side.....hm...i nedd to think about this for a moment....

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
the wolf symbol cloud has on his shoulder (AC) is called Cloudy Wolf, not Fenrir.
unless Cloudy Wolf translates to Fenrir?

.:EngetsuDrake:.

Gurren Brigade FTW!
I dunno haw it say this....THIS IS SO STUPID!!!!...that shud work...

The mythological creature Fenrir and Clouds bike Fenrir has no more in common than the name. The japanece likes to borrow names from old religons, t.ex. Shive, Odin and Bhamut. And Fenrir is NOT a god, as someone stated here (TMM). And Metatron Cloud and Fenrir has lerr in common that Fenrir and Clouds bike! Lastly, FENRIR IS A NAME IT DOSEN`T TRANSLATE IN TO ANYTHING!!!

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
it isnt a stupid thread, Sora_is_mine*2 is just curious as to how theyre both named fenrir. also, please learn how to type or learn how to spell as reading your post was almost a chore.

I think its interesting how they tie in japanese/any history/mythology into video games, anime/manga etc... for instance did you know (for Naruto fans) Jiraiya/Orochimaru/Tsunade have a history? Jiraiya was a ninja who could shape-shift into a Toad, and was married to Tsunade who mastered Snail magic, they fought an enemy called Orochimaru who mastered Snake magic. exactly the same as Naruto, except for the fact Tsunade cant stand Jiraiya and constantly rejects him.

.:EngetsuDrake:.

Gurren Brigade FTW!
it isnt a stupid thread, Sora_is_mine*2 is just curious as to how theyre both named fenrir. also, please learn how to type or learn how to spell as reading your post was almost a chore.
Sorry englich is not my first language and sorry I´m sick.

Sora_is_mine*2

Okay. First off, what's wrong with the way I type?
And second it probably does have to do with something. True a whole lot of the beasts in VII were Ifrit, Behemoth, and other things corresponding to the past. I've also noticed that the Cloudy wolf that comes near Cloud when he passes out in AC after rescuing Tifa, it does look somewhat to Fenrir.
Who knows? Square is always mysterious about their work. You research some of it later and find all sorts of things out.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
i wasnt saying anything about your typing.
i think the cloudy wolf is supposed to represent Zack. along with the buster sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back