• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Dreams Have a Meaning? Part II

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I could be lying to you about my perceptions, and tell you I do not see it. Or I do. Essentially, I am saying we should take each other's word for it. We are talking about first-person perception (and only first-person), so it makes the topic difficult to verify.

Perhaps, but that ultimately is up to you. You may never be able to communicate to me your truthful experience, but you would know whether you found the monster or not.

A friend of mine had dreamt in exact detail his mother dying by a car accident, down to the car's model and make.

And he told you this well before the accident, down to the car's model and make?

lol, then those guys are as dumb as researchers trying to disprove it

How so?

C

Charlie

Could Dreams Have a Meaning?

-Of course. They only mean as much according to what you've repressed in the subconcious portion of your mind.

Next question.

Duality

Phoenix said:
And he told you this well before the accident, down to the car's model and make?
No. But I trust him.
Phoenix said:
The whole point of the connection is that it is not scientific.

Beauxxx said:
-Of course. They only mean as much according to what you've repressed in the subconcious portion of your mind.

Next question.
Your answer is insufficient, unsupported, and over-generalizing. Bring arguments, not opinions, to intel please.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
No. But I trust him.

I don't. And even if he's not lying, he could've merely subconsciously altered his dream to fit the situation and be able to claim that. A prophecy made after the event is no prophecy at all. You're aware of this.

The whole point of the connection is that it is not scientific.

You say it isn't, but you have nothing to back you up. For all you know, it is.

rikubaka67

Awards
(didn't read the other posts, if someone said something similar to this, I'm sorry)

I think it depends on how you look at it. From a scientific point of view, no. But, if you look at it from a supernatural or religious point of view, some (not all) dreams could be prophecies or warnings.

I also have a personal experience, however it hasn't completely come true.

One time I had a dream that I was downtown where I live but it looked very different, like more old-town horse-and-buggy red brick buildings type place. My dad was driving me somewhere and I was looking at the sky and at how beautiful it was. Suddenly, my dad yelled "IT'S A BOMB!!" and in the sky I saw an explosion and woke up.

a few months after that, I visited a college that I hope to attend with my parents, a place that I've never been before, but the buildings were EXACTLY like in my dream.

I've also had many dreams about nuclear war, anarchy, people I know dying or becoming addicted to drugs (people you wouldn't expect), chaos etc. ..... freaky .....

ace12993

Well......i sometimes have dreams, and in maybe a couple weeks or months those things happen to me. Well i am just thinking about something right now, i liked a girl who i asked out before and she said no to me, 1 week before i asked her out i had a dream that our class went on a trip and me and her are sitting on a bus and we are hugging each other. She asked me out like 2 weeks ago and im just wondering and waiting if this thing will happen to me during this year or the next.

Sometime before i had a dream that i twisted my lef during a game of basketball in school, maybe like a month later it happened and i fell in the same place(the floor of my gym). Maybe it was just similiar, idk. I personally dont think there is anything supernatural about dreams but i maybe wrong...

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Sad thing is i really don't have dreams anymore....

on the slight occasion that i have one it's usually the falling dream, or i wake up in an endless abyss of water and get pulled under by something i can't even see except it has many arms & huge eyes...after that i have a stroke in the water from the fright and i wake up after that...

Phalinx

Dreams have whatever meaning we give them. "Meaning" is something we create. Dreams continue to exist even if we don't give them meaning. Does it truly matter?

Duality

Phalinx said:
Dreams have whatever meaning we give them. "Meaning" is something we create.
How did you come to this conclusion? Meaning could exist in dreams, but we could wrongly interpret them (or not interpret them at all). Meaning exists, like in a novel. Some people do not pull out the appropriate meaning from novels. We believe that a dream has a meaning, but is our belief correct? Maybe, maybe not.
Phalinx said:
Dreams continue to exist even if we don't give them meaning
Meaning does not imply existence. Just because dreams still exist even if we don't provide meaning, does not imply that they have no meaning at all.
Phalinx said:
Does it truly matter?
A matter of opinion, not something to debate.

soraluverforever

Dreams have whatever meaning and you dream some dreams Because in your heart i really want that so Thts wat i really think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back