• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Cuore Della Penombra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Arcana-X-

I can see right through all your empty lies
Cuore della penombra

Chapter 1: The Ominous Thought​

It was a quiet evening, nothing too special. Yawns were soon to be heard and loud snores could already be heard across the vast, spacious island. But you, reader, would not like to hear about those people who snore and start anew the next day... but of the people staying up who have the courage to look back to the day events. And so we turn to one specific boy...

The 16 year old boy was lying down on his childhood bed and looked around his room. He couldn't believe it... just...couldn't.

The trio came back. After what has been 2 whole years, away from the place which had been their home, they finally came back to where their memories reside. Of course, it has only been 3 weeks ago, but still. Who wouldn't been so relieved to arrive home?

The boy chuckled a low, mature, and silent laugh. Of course he would be. What started as an adventure based on instict, trust, and friendship to a whole lot of seriousness and fighting began to become a dream come true. The trio came back home of course. But what about before? He was the one who started the other 2's thinking about other worlds! And they achieved that goal as well, he discovered. The many hidden worlds hidden by impassable walls had broken apart and the whole adventure started.

The teen then sighed heavily. Of course these were the happy thoughts his great optimistic but goofy (really...) buddy would think right. Hey, maybe he's still up now! The boy looked at his lighted clock. 9:00 P.M. He then looked past the curtains of his glass window. No one's window was lighted or opened. Tonight, the island was a peace.

"Perfect," the boy said. Darkness was a part of him, and being aroung total darkness made him at ease. Except his alarm clock of course! No matter what his buddy said, he was tainted with darkness forever, and there's nothing to do about it.

That statement made his mind against him. 'Excuse me?! If I understand correctly, you are, or were, fighting for the light!" The mature boy chuckled, this time louder. "Sure, but I have used the darkness as an advantage!" Then he stopped. His mind froze on the thought of something: Twilight. That word has been on his mind for the past weeks.Sure, they just came back 3 WEEKS ago, and probably his friends would have taken all this theories aside and relax, but not he. Twilight, the middle of Light and Darkness. Where there's always peace and serenity. And he was part of it! He's not some low puppet of darkness! He's the result of Light and Dark clashing together. Not literally!

'Hey, why am I getting reeaallly serious? the boy thought,'I should be happy and joyful and glad to be home! At least that's what Sora and Kairi are doing!'

Sora. The boy who did it all.

Kairi. The light who warms up anyone.

And he. What was he? A apprentice of the Keyblade Master? Aha! A mistake! HE was a Keyblade Master. No, he was something else, something that no one else could imitate, not even Sora!

"Riku? Are you even asleep yet? Please sleep!" whispered a sleepy person. Riku sighed. THAT would be the end of tonight's philosophy! He enjoyed asking questions about himself. It made him informed about things he missed. Sora. Kairi. King Mickey. Donald. And even the genius Goofy!

But, there was one more thing. Oh great, another thing? Your head must be swirling with 'When will this chapter ever end????' Well, what do you think Riku's mind was?

There was something amiss. Something no one can notice but him. No, not a something, a someone. It was locked in the deep chain of memories of his heart. But still he could remember a slight memory. And that someone may help him to be more...complete.

"RIKU!!!!"

"Good night Mom!" screamed Riku. Literally.

As everyone else did, he let begones be begones. Next morning would be a bright, sunny day.

But, that thought would never ever leave him.

"Sora, Kairi, be ready for the adventure of your lives." he murmered a prediction and fell asleep of exhaustion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
End of Chapter 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, hi people! This is my first fanfic so I wanted to see the reaction of the people in this forum and whether I should continue it. If you've seen this fanfic beofre, no I didn't plagurised. I've put it on fanfiction.net but I wanted an audience that's interested more in Kingdom Hearts that I didn't find in ff.net.

So I hope you've enjoyed this chapter and I'll post up the 2nd chapter soon!

-Arcana-X-

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I don't understand why you would speak to the reader in the middle of the story, breaking the forth wall so haphazardly, but It's a very good start. Very well written. I'll check up on this one from time to time.

Last edited:

Haku

<3
Most of the things that I found wrong with it AS already mentioned but keep working at it though you'll get better.

-Arcana-X-

Yeah, this story would sound a little wrong because it was written a year ago when all this new info didn't come out. So this story won't include people like MX, Terra etc. A whole completely new story.

Speaking to the reader? Hmmm, I'll change that in my later chapters.

Thanks sooo much. You get fast reviews here. :thumbsup:

-Arcana-X-

Cuore della Penombra
Chapter 2

Bustin' Up on the Beach!

Featuring: Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka!!!!

“OUCH!!!!”

Another ‘peaceful’ day begins on the sunny Destiny Islands. As the water waves over to meet its brother, earth, kids’ screams (literally) were to be heard.

“MAN! Tidus, ya gonna say sorry or else, man!”

“So what if I don’t? Hmmm???”

“THIS will happen! Take this!”

And poor, poor Tidus, not able to escape Wakka’‘s wrath, got a huge black eye, and several other bruises as well that shouldn’t be metioned.

“THAT”S what you get by angering the mighty Wakka!” he jeered. Tidus grumbled, then saw a spiky-brown haired person that people can never forget.

“Hey Sora! Mind to ask what ya doing here?” The boy smiled his goofy grin. “Sure, Tidus! Can’t a traveler go sightseeing on his own island? It appears that I don’t remember much of it.” “As you wish!,” whispered Tidus, “But I have a favor to ask you! Can you please-” “Plant a blitzball right at Wakka? No prob.” “Thanks man! Oh, and I think you shouldn’t use that. Kay?” “Awwwww,” said Sora, “Wouldn’t it be easier? Of course I won’t use it!” and he thumped Tidus's head.

Full of happiness, Tidus walked away, happily swinging his rod with ease. When Kairi had announced that Sora and Riku were back, the whole town was surprised. Who were these 2? Then, as if a blown up picture of them was thrown right smack in their faces, they remembered who was searched for 2 years. “Ah... it was like our mind was relaxed, even if we didn’t know it!” Tidus remembered happily. But, what about their adventures? Sora, actually being smart, made up this story of being lost at sea and unable to come back home. They found another island, who had nursed them back to help. Unconscious, they couldn’t identify the island. Smart? Tidus thought so.

“But, people should know what they did.” He sighed. If they told everyone, there would be 3 outcomes: treated as kings, outcasts, or just plain townspeople. Sora, Riku, and Kairi wanted the 3rd option. “I wish I could go around the worlds...” Yep, the trio just couldn’t handle the curiosity of Tidus, Selphie and Wakka and so, their adventures just reeled out of their mouths.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, hot-headed Wakka was walking around the Cove. “One day, Tidus will get it! Grrrr, I was actually beaten at Blitzball!” Who knew that Wakka would get his wish in days but...in a minute? “Ouch! Wakka, watch where you’re walking!” a silver-haired mature teenager replied with a cool mind (though his head is burning with revenge...what’s with islanders?). “OH! Sorry Riku! Man, what is with today, ya?” Riku shook his head. “Thinking about the dream? Come on, man, leave it and enjoy your stay on Destiny Islands!” Riku laughed wholeheartedly as he replied, “Now you really sound like a air hostess!” “Riku? Are you crazy or you’re teasing me that I’m a girl? ‘Cause it not funny, man!”

“Anyway, Riku, I think you’re just the man for my little job.” said Wakka. “What? Do something to Tidus that should never be told to the littles??” “Um, man, do ya have telepathy or something along those lines?” Riku then laughed his hardest laugh that he could, which wasn’t much. Think of as harder than he did as in the World that Never Was. “Sure, Wakka, I’ll help you. It’s not like there’s anything else to do except moping around or getting yelled at by Kairi for being a lazy bum.” “Yeah, man, girls are tough.”

Wakka was smiling like crazy. He got his best friend back, and even though he got beaten by him every time they sparred, he knew that inside Riku was fighting an internal battle that only he and Riku knew. “So, uh, Riku, mind that you can-” “Yes, Wakka, as I said before.” Riku flashed his smile that made every girl fall for him, which was annoying. With that, Riku ran towards the Seaside Shack.

Wakka sighed. After Sora and Riku came home, their families were grief-stricken. He imagined that their really cool clothes (mind that) were soaked in salty tears. But no way would they tell their parents about their true adventures of saving the worlds twice, even if they were...never mind.

Oh yeah, there was something to do. Watch the fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A red-haired girl was sitting by the beach in her pink dress and gray hood as she searched the sand for rare shells. “Ah, those thalassa necklaces I made are really unfinished. I better get more!” As optimistic as ever, Kairi sifted through the sandy beaches. The islands were never foreign to her and she never wanted to forget this feeling.

“KAIRI!!! Where are you?” a shrill voice that only a mental person couldn’t identify was calling. “Selphie! I’m down at the Sand Dunes!” At the moment, a brunette with curved pigtails came behind Kairi. “BOO!”

“Selphie! How many times have I told you not to sneak up behind me!” “Ah, Kairi, getting too mature, aren’t we?” “Hmph, as if!” Then it was pure silence. The clashing sounds of 2 swords connecting could be heard.

“Oh no! Tidus and Wakka are at it again!” said a whining Selphie. “Wait, Selphie! Wakka has a ball that makes a boing sound...” “And Tidus has a rod that makes a clank sound...”

“SO who makes a clash sound?”

“Oh great, Sora and Riku are at it again!” Selphie corrected herself. “Well, what are we waiting for?” Kairi brushed her hair. “Let’s see the show!” Kairi then sprinted towards the fight.

Selphie smiled (what’s with Tidus, Wakka and Selphie???).

She then walked slowly, matching her footsteps with Kairi’s. “Wow, Kairi has changed a lot.” Since the trio had come back, Selphie, Tidua, and Wakka was really surprised on how they were different. Sora was lankier, Riku was shadier, and Kairi was tomboy-isher! Also, they became really strong. No less in 2 minutes had Sora beaten those 3!

But what hasn’t changed was their friendship. Even when they knew their secret, Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka treats Sora, Kairi, and Riku like old chums in the good old days. “But, who knows?” Selphie wondered, “If they went for 2 whole years fighting these heartless, they would have to go again, right? They aren’t completely finished.” Unlike the 2 other boys, Selphie listened attentively to their story. Makes up for her hyperness, right?

It had been 3 weeks, and still Sora, Riku and Kairi were fit in! But still, the mystery of the worlds and hearts were still intergrated in their brains.
End of Chapter 2
<(author's note)>
Awesomeness, the 2nd chapter is prepared and ready to be posted up. Again, please read and review to make this story a better one. :thumbsup:
Thank you for reading and be patient for Chapter 3! In the mean time, check out Trinity Critiques if you haven't yet.

Arcana-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back