• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark may not be bad!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I don't believe darkness is evil. Power corrupts, and darkness is the quickest way to gain power, since light is only accessible to pure hearts, and it's not as easy to use. As for the Heartless, when there's a creative force, there has to be a destructive force, or the balance is lost. Darkness just fullfills that role, and with that in mind, darkness provides much more of an advantage in battle than light does.

Ravens_Blade85

In your head telling you to do bad things!
Website
www.myspace.com
hype360 said:
no but seriously i dont think the dark and the light makes any sense. honestly its like basickly thinking hate creates evil creatures, i like the story and all but theats plain reatarded!! think of it as you turn off the light, is it bad no its just dark, light is never dark.
so noone can become evil on this world or universe

WHat are you talking about exactly? Of O think I know what you mean. then you are just agreeing with me. Dark is not evil that is what I am trying to say. And light may not be good. They are just things to be used, they do not posses good or evil characteristics. They can both be used for good or evil, it just depends who uses them.

kizzyke

hype360 said:
there is no such thing as when you turn of a light its DARK no matter what

The thing is that if you turn your light of that it is dark but not evil
it's not because you are dark that you are evil

surge345

DarrcEnigma said:
I'm glad someone else has thoughts similar to my own. The following post may be somewhat confusing since it refers to both the real world and the world of Kingdom Hearts (And I lost my train of thought a few times.), so only read it if you're really interested in my opinion.

I don't agree. No matter what, the knife itself is neither good nor evil. It's just an instrument used by a person to commit a "good" or "evil" act against another person or thing. It's like the saying "Guns don't shoot people, people shoot people." Which I admit may not be stated the right way, but the message is carried nevertheless.

Dark and light are like the knife: They're not inherently good nor evil, they're just tools for others to use. It's the person/thing using them and the actions they're being used for that classify them as "good" or "evil." But you can take it even further than that if you want, since good and evil aren't clearly defined, and in truth are little more than perspectives. "Evil" to one person may be "good" to another, and war is a prime example of this. If you're a part of one of the countries at war, you typically believe that your country is "good" and that the opposing country or countries are "evil," correct? But the truth is, both countries are acting the same way. They condemn each other for their acts and brand each other as evil, but they're no better than the country they're attacking. Therefore if one is evil, they both must be evil. And there is no "good" in war, just as there are no heroes in war.

I don't believe you could really say that the Heartless are creatures of darkness that are evil. The "darkness" in people's hearts isn't real darkness. Instead it's a general term used to group things such as fear, greed and envy. That is the true darkness within our hearts, and that darkness is what starts fights and wars -- or in this case, what gives birth to the Heartless. The Heartless themselves can't be considered evil: They were born a certain way, with a certain task. It's by their very nature that they seek hearts and spread the darkness. Humans aren't really any different in our world. To try and survive we murder other creatures, destroy parts of the world and attack one another to try and make this world suit our every need.

Evil and darkness are usually considered one and the same because evil things tend to hide themselves within the darkness. And in turn, people fear what they can't see or understand, making them brand the darkness itself as evil. That's not the case, however, as Riku has shown us. It's more than possible to the darkness to be used for good, just as it is as equally possible for the light to be used for evil.

While it's certainly something that can't be confirmed one way or another and could be debated forever, it's still something to take into consideration. In closing, what works in the real world works in the world of Kingdom Hearts more often than not. You might have to look at it in a slightly different way for it all to fit into place, but with enough thought, it typically fits.

You are absulutly right dark and light do not belong to either good or evil they belong to whomever has the power to control them.

kizzyke

surge345 said:
You are absulutly right dark and light do not belong to either good or evil they belong to whomever has the power to control them.

I totally agree with that... It's like you say, you can be light or dark but you can choose if you'll be good or evil... Only the people themselves have the abillity to control their own fellings and thoughts

electrikeyblade14

hype360 said:
no but seriously i dont think the dark and the light makes any sense. honestly its like basickly thinking hate creates evil creatures, i like the story and all but theats plain reatarded!! think of it as you turn off the light, is it bad no its just dark, light is never dark.
so noone can become evil on this world or universe

would ya mind explaining? that doesn't make too much sense to me...

but what's been proven is that light is not nessesarily good and dark is not nessesarily evil, but that's what they are primarily used for. it's all about how you use the power you are given. twilight is a power in it's own used for whatever the use-er wishes.

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
i don't think that if you are dark you are evil, just missunderstood, i also think that just because it is dark does not mean it is bad, and just because it is light it means that it is good, a lot of really evil and bad things are light, and a lot of dark things are really good, i think that people saying that if it's dark it's bad is serious stereotypes, and i don't agree,

kizzyke

It's just something that has been there in every life...
Kid's and even grownups have always been afraid of the dark
So people just tell that the dark is bad because they are affraid of it ;)

knightwalker

Do you remember in Kh1 Sora said that theres always a little bit of light in darkness? A light that can never go out.

kizzyke

knightwalker said:
Do you remember in Kh1 Sora said that theres always a little bit of light in darkness? A light that can never go out.

That's right... He said that "no matter how deep the darkness, a light shines within..."
and he said too that "the heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in, but i've learned that deep down there is a light that never goes out"
I liked the sentences both, a bit philosofic....
It doesn't matter how dark n-you are cause there will always be a ray of light

SorasKingdom

well...it depends on your definition of live.
YOU GUYS! i think u may all just might be right! Remember in Report 9!:

"...The Keyblade is said to hold phenominal power. One legend says its weilder saved the world, while another says that he wrought ruin upon it"

the keyblade chooses a strong heart. but that heart mebe used for good or bad, dark or light. So possibly they are just tools of the user!

monkey_boy

two things:

1) in FFX, alot of the story line is based upon how machina can be bad or good depending on how you use it, so this is a recurring theme

2) darkness is only corrupted light. think about it. a shadow is caused by light being blocked by something. even night. night is caused by light not being able to pass through Earth, so it becomes darkness.

DarrcEnigma

monkey_boy said:
2) darkness is only corrupted light.

Darkness isn't really "corrupted" light -- corrupted light would be along the lines of holding out a thin, red piece of plastic and casting a red shadow with it. The plastic would still allow the light to pass through, however it would alter the light's original color and brightness, hence "corrupting" it. (Another example are those colored light bulbs you can find in party stores and the like.)
Darkness is more the "absence" of light, since darkness only appears where the light can't directly shine.

Ravens_Blade85

In your head telling you to do bad things!
Website
www.myspace.com
DarrcEnigma said:
Darkness isn't really "corrupted" light -- corrupted light would be along the lines of holding out a thin, red piece of plastic and casting a red shadow with it. The plastic would still allow the light to pass through, however it would alter the light's original color and brightness, hence "corrupting" it. (Another example are those colored light bulbs you can find in party stores and the like.)
Darkness is more the "absence" of light, since darkness only appears where the light can't directly shine.

That is exactly right, dark is the absence of light, not corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back