• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dave Chapplle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

king-DAVID

I love Dave Chappelle, but I don't consider him the greates comedian to date.As for his retreat to S. Africa, well I just think he needed time out of the spotlight.I mean, he was thrown into it so quickly because of the success of his show he didn't have time to prepare.I'm almost certain he'll return though.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Dave Chappelle was awesome in the starting days of his show, but he's declining as the months pass by. The first season of his show was superb, the second pretty good, and the rest didn't even crack a grin on me, really. He reuses a lot of jokes, and some of it wasn't even clever at all. I like Dave Chappelle, but I find others to be greater.

Goffy fused Sora

I've already made a thread about Dave chapplle but so what.
Dave Chapplle is funny like Master T said sometimes he reuses material but he's stll funny.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Do you have any idea how long Dave Chappelle has been around? He finally gets recognized with Chappelle's Show, and now everyone thinks he's the greatest comedian ever. Most of the people like him don't even listen to his stand-up.

Chappelle is far from the greatest comedian of our time.

king-DAVID

Speaking of his stand-up, have any of you seen "Kiiling Them Softly"? That movie had me laughing all the time.

JakeBlade

Was it that good? I was gonna rent it but I wasn't sure if it was going to be any good. I guess i'll get it then. Thanks.^^

king-DAVID

JakeBlade said:
Was it that good? I was gonna rent it but I wasn't sure if it was going to be any good. I guess i'll get it then. Thanks.^^

I liked it, especially when he talks about married couples. It's definately worth renting, trust me. Oh, and no problem :p

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
The best comedian stand up performance is the latest 2 Chris Rock ones. "Never Scared" and "Bigger and Blacker," those were so funny! But Dave gets me cracking up also.

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
Square Ninja said:
Do you have any idea how long Dave Chappelle has been around? He finally gets recognized with Chappelle's Show, and now everyone thinks he's the greatest comedian ever. Most of the people like him don't even listen to his stand-up.

Chappelle is far from the greatest comedian of our time.

Very True.

I, personally, didn't really notice Chappelle until the Chappelle show. But I did think he was funny before the show was out. I didn't know who he was, but hey, I still enjoyed his comedy. Then after Chapelle show came out, I watched every episode and stand up he has done.

TTBK2

Awards
Have none of you ever seen Half Baked? Oh well.... but if I had to choose some of the greatest comedians today, it would have to be Chris Rock and Eddie Griffin. I'd say Steve Harvey, but other than that show on WB11, he hasn't done much comedy in awhile. Last stnadup I remember him doing was in '97.

mz. eggsy

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
TTBK2 said:
Have none of you ever seen Half Baked?
Yes, I have seen it, it's not that great.

Oh well.... but if I had to choose some of the greatest comedians today, it would have to be Chris Rock and Eddie Griffin. I'd say Steve Harvey, but other than that show on WB11, he hasn't done much comedy in awhile.
I can agree with Chris Rock, but he's not the greatest either. Eddie Griffin and Steve Harvey are not funny. I've never laughed at them in my entire existence. I've seen and heard a lot of media with them, too.

If you want good comedians, look at Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators/writers of South Park/Team America. In their early years of South Park, they weren't that great, but now, they are the best. Team America will make you literally crap your pants, and South Park is offensive in most parts, but it's hilarious. In my mind, if you can laugh at things that are offensive (even to you as a race or religion etc.) you have an awesome sense of humor. South Park is great because it will do things (and make fun of everything) on network television that nobody else has the grapes for, and it pays off, because they present it in such a way that it's hilarious.

Some people at my college watched the "Sex change" episode with me, and they would say things like "Ew! That's wrong..." and "This is -insert explicative term- horrible" and "This is just stupid". But those guys are fuggin' idiots. They don't know comedy when it pecker-slaps them in the face. Sorry for the term, but I can't find a way to express my anger right now.

marshallmathers

yeah, Dave Chappelle is hilarious, My favorite episode of Chappelle's show was the R. Kelly's pee on you XDDD.... But the greatest comedian of all time is...CARLOS MENCIA, now his stand up, and show is hilarious...

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
They back it up by common sense. Trey and Matt take a sticky situation today, and totally blow it of proportion to the point of being ridiculous. It's ironic really, because most of the topics which they touch upon are blown out of proportion already.

mz. eggsy

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah, they think like you and I, which is why I like them. It's like they're doing what we dream about and make fun of, and they put it into a different medium. We would rock as writers for that show. A man can dream, a man can dream....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back