• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Destati Character Art

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcana-Key

Awards
Art for our protagonists of this silly fanfiction located here ; generally I'll update this gallery when new worlds are released. Most of this art has been commissioned or traded by myself or by my friends! Please don't use them ;n;

As it stands, I'll be posting a variety of art over the course of the next few weeks! Character concepts, Nomura-style artwork, commissions and the like!

Last edited:

Arcana-Key

Awards
Suihei (すいへい) is the protagonist of the Destati Series, as well as a Keyblade Wielder. Jovial and altruistic, to the appraising eye, she appears to be much like any teenager. Her vivacious approach to life carries over to adversity. Expressive and sharp of tongue, she holds little qualms with speaking her mind on certain matters, leading to her being a rather open book.

Prior to the loss of her home, Twilight Town, she was assaulted by peculiar dreams, culminating to an awakening of the Keyblade on a Night of Fate. As heir to a legacy thought lost in the sands of time, she often struggles with what it means to be a Keybearer. She holds contradicting feelings towards her desire to return home, and the wanderlust she’s held since she’s been a small child.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Noxic ( ノックス ) is the Deuteragonist of Destati. A rebellious fighter with a chip on his shoulder, he was the product of an experiment that sought to return lost Hearts from Darkness. Bitter, caustic, and cocky in equal measures, he holds a phenomenal amount of negativity within his Heart. With a tongue as sharp as a whip, he appears to be the farthest from a friendly creature, yet this is just a veneer for the insecurities he feels about his nature. He fears plunging back into the abyss, and so he clings to what little Light remains in his Heart like a vice.

His fiery demeanor scalds and blinds those caught unaware. A born renegade, he has the propensity of solving his problems by way of his fists and smacktalk alike. Intimately familiar with Darkness, he proves more than capable of providing support to the team with a blend of buffs that draw on his own inner strength, control of Dark Creatures and reckless close combat techniques. Feeling as if the Worlds being engulfed have something to do with a woman he despises, he decides to travel with Suihei, if only to combat that very woman's madness born schemes. While loathe to share his motives, he eventually comes to think of his companions as true friends.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nyx Noir ( ニックス ) is the Tritagonist of Destati, and a Nobody. Reticent and logical, he appears to hold a dry wit and an astounding amount of curiosity. To his allies, he is a great degree of emotional support. Far from reluctant, his curiosity and morbid humour oft-times works against them, but his ability to act objectively warrants no small degree of respect. Phenomenally intelligent, he is a Master of the schools of White and Black magic.

In eons past, he worked beneath an Organization ; when they were dismantled, his purpose as a tool found itself lacking, leading to him exploring the Worlds for knowledge while sequestering himself from humanity. Tight-lipped about this, he initially seems more interested in exploring chunks of his missing life as a Somebody. While filled with a great hatred of the Keyblade, he seems to know a significant amount on the legendary artifact, though he appears reluctant to part with it. In order to sate his curiosity, he opted to travel with Suihei and Noxic, unaware of the effect they would hold on his demeanor.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Art by HYUEI ; Commissioned by me.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Whoa. I must've gotten so used to seeing cringeworthy OC's that I forgot that they could look really great too. This trio's probably one of the best-designed ones I've seen in a while. The art quality itself is excellent and their designs look like something you'd naturally find in the KH universe. Oh, and I love Suihei's Keyblade. It was called Kingfisher, right? Something about the sleek-looking blade and that bright blue on black (which reminds me of KH1's logo, actually) just really works together.

Speaking of Suihei, while I was reading your fic, I was a bit worried that she'd look like a female copy/paste/small edit version of KH1 Sora. I'm really glad to see that this isn't the case, since her color scheme, clothes, and overall appearance are distinct and unique.

Arcana-Key

Awards
Suihei reminds me a lot of Sora with both how she looks and how she has a taste for adventure.

Haha, yeah, I mean to draw parallels between their personalities and situations, but there are a few differences that I just haven't gotten around to writing about because I've been slacking​ on the story with how busy my life has been the last few months.

Arcana-Key

Awards
Whoa. I must've gotten so used to seeing cringeworthy OC's that I forgot that they could look really great too. This trio's probably one of the best-designed ones I've seen in a while. The art quality itself is excellent and their designs look like something you'd naturally find in the KH universe. Oh, and I love Suihei's Keyblade. It was called Kingfisher, right? Something about the sleek-looking blade and that bright blue on black (which reminds me of KH1's logo, actually) just really works together.

Speaking of Suihei, while I was reading your fic, I was a bit worried that she'd look like a female copy/paste/small edit version of KH1 Sora. I'm really glad to see that this isn't the case, since her color scheme, clothes, and overall appearance are distinct and unique.

No no, I understand the worries completely! They're warranted, given the problems that can crop up when writing a scenario meant to draw parallels on the character. While I'll be the first to admit that her design was originally based on Sora ( her second outfit is literally his KH2 one modified ; spoilers on that one though ), Hyuei really drew out her unique design elements and KHChi helped with refining a unique outfit all her own. And yeah, s'called Kingfisher! Neo-Kingdom Key is what the guy who owned the design called it, but it didn't exactly flow as well when I tried to write it? So my friend helped me whip up another, easier name for it.

I really appreciate the compliments though! I have a lot​ more art just sitting around, so keep an eye open for this thread!

Arcana-Key

Awards
A collection of concept art for a variety of Worlds that the trio travels to over the Course of Destati. This is kind of spoilerific, and most of Sui / Nyx's are done roughly! I opted to just slap them all together in collages, though the full resolutions are set aside somewhere on my computer!

A part of me wants to post them all together, but I think doing them separately might help with things-

My friend kind of flurped with the complexion, so don't mind this one too much-

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Suihei Artwork by Infinitehearts
Noxic by Songgoishtar
Nyx Artwork by viiraa

Arcana-Key

Awards
Probably my favorite designs of the Trio ; Atlantis!

" Whoa... " didn't do the sheer feelings that bubbled in her Heart justice. If Suihei had ever held the opportunity to tell someone how absolutely amazing the sight of an Underwater City was, she was sure that she'd be too bubbly to tell them anything of importance! Her eyes swept across everything with the ravenous hunger of someone that wanted to see more, even as the denizens of the city gave her and her peculiar companions a few strange looks. Not only was she dressed like a native, but it seemed to draw more than a few pairs of eyes to the little ent

Milo was right beside her, looking just as gobsmacked as she was. It was as if all of his life's work was in front of him. Everything that he had ever worked for proven as the truth instead of a wild chase of a madman. Excitement danced in two pairs of brown eyes, and Suihei tried her best not to bound ahead. It'd probably draw suspicion.

"This place is beautiful Nyx!" She squealed, whirling on her bare feet in order to address the feline. For everything that it was worth, he seemed to hold the composure that his companions seemed to lack in spades.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

No songs! No bloody singing! That alone will have our usually sour rabbit hopping in place in excitement. Then combine that with flying ships with proper firepower behind them? Hoh-yeah. Even if the whole . . . not being an Atlantean was proper obvious. So maybe his colours didn’t quite match, and maaaybe he is a giant walking talking rabbit – with a curious crimson crystal. All which led to some, well, staring. Lots of staring. But they are quite accepting people, so once they got over the whole dark being thing, it wasn’t too bad!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

" What're you looking like that for? " Suihei's expression knitted into something of abject confusion. Realistically she shouldn't have been for a shock - but she'd had little to no experience with magic prior to that night, and while she had an endless assortment of questions, it seemed that all of them fell flat on her tongue. Torn between sweeping Nyx up into her arms to hold him with bonecrushing force, and staring blandly, she honestly couldn't do much in the face of this.

" Because nobody ever suspects the cat, Suihei Something. " His neutral expression seemed overtaken with the faintest hint of a smug grin, crafted as if to laud his superiority in the form of transmutation over Noxic, who was grumbling one thing or another about show-off felines. " Now if you will excuse me, I will investigate further. "

The smuggest of cats, really.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

In the midst of an Adventure, a burgeoning trio slowly begins to put their differences aside to face the threat of the Heartless.

Of course, facing the problem of lying to Atlanteans about their origin was . . . probably the more difficult things that they could've done. Not that it worked entirely. The King, though allowing their presence, reminded them of the fact that keybearers were not to interfere in the affairs of the Worlds, revealing what little knowledge he held on the subject of the Keyblade that had been passed down from Monarch to Monarch throughout the centuries.

While it is certainly a foreboding omen about the Keyblade that leaves Suihei shaken, they continued traversing the World.

Fortunately, they're not the only transients seeking the secrets of Atlantis. A group of explorers, seeking the lost city, are given guidance by a mysterious young woman by the name of Kida. Milo, being the only one who can read the Atlantean script, acts as a translator.

Between discovering secrets, battling the Heartless, and seeking the Keyhole of Atlantis, the trio manage to find themselves under even more intense scrutiny once the King is murdered. "The affairs of Another World", it seemed, had caught up with them.

In an attempt to prove themselves innocent, Nyx opted to act as a diplomat, offering to discover who could've killed the King in exchange for a brief window of diplomatic immunity. Joining once more with the group of explorers, they eventually manage to peel back the secrets of the Atlantean people, and discover the ultimate treasure of the World, the Heart of Atlantis.

Commander Rourke, who was overtaken by mindless greed and sought to eradicate the Atlanteans through use of the Heartless attempted to take off with the treasure that stabilized the underwater city. With Noxic utilizing one of the peculiar flying machines, the trio manage to catch up just in time to stop Rourke from escaping Atlantis completely. they came out on top and defeat the man once he becomes a crystalline Heartless himself.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Noxic by Songgoishtar
Suihei & Nyx by viiraa
Trinity by
fikumiku-chan

Arcana-Key

Awards
I hope you guys weren't expecting only friendship friendly Protagonists. Here we have Norwin, who takes on a more interesting, complex role and would've primarily gotten a spotlight in Act 1.5 / 2 as our foil to Suihei. I decided to post all three attires together, as she undergoes a really neat outfit change over the series. As she was conceptualized as the 'Riku-like' figure, my friend opted to make the sacrifice of throwing her into Riku's terrible KH1 outfit.

Norwin
is an Antagonist turned Anti-Hero of Destati. An abrasive young woman with a Mastery of Sorcery, she is a descendant of one of the Seven Lights that participated in the Second Keyblade War of eons past. Trained by the Final Keybearer of the Realm of Light, she is a proud, stubborn young lady who proves self-reliant. Because of the shame her Uncle held over his cowardly nature in abandoning his comrades in a war but a few centuries prior, he pushed Nor's abilities to the fullest extent that he could manage. Filled with great expectations due to her being trained by her Uncle and bearing the Eyes of the Seer, she was sorely disappointed to discover that the Keyblade would not come to her, despite her years being trained to harness this Light.

Following her Uncle's death, she found herself stepping.into the mantle of Keybearer with no guidance, and took it upon herself to travel the Worlds in order to research the sudden infestation of Darkness that threatened to overtake it. Along this journey, she found herself brought beneath the wing of a man that made pacts with Heartless - promised answers to learning as to why she failed to Awaken to the Keyblade. Along the way, she crossed paths with a young woman and her two companions who, for all intents and purposes, possessed the Keyblade.

While initially she may have been reluctant towards making allies, she eventually finds herself drawn into the eternal conflict between Light and Dark.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Art by by Infinitehearts

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Norwin is a beauty! I absolutely love the final version of her! And the first one is quite a resemblance to Riku with her outfit; of course, I love it, because it's the coolest twist I've ever seen of it! My oh my, the pointy ears make me think of Xehanort a little. Oh and don't get me started out freaking amazing and out of this world 'The Lost Empire - Trinity' photo is. I love seeing Noxic, Suihei, and Nyx together like that! I really like Noxic the most with his scythe! Seriously, it's really cool seeing what they look like too as I read along the snippets you show us. :D

Arcana-Key

Awards
Norwin is a beauty! I absolutely love the final version of her! And the first one is quite a resemblance to Riku with her outfit; of course, I love it, because it's the coolest twist I've ever seen of it! My oh my, the pointy ears make me think of Xehanort a little. Oh and don't get me started out freaking amazing and out of this world 'The Lost Empire - Trinity' photo is. I love seeing Noxic, Suihei, and Nyx together like that! I really like Noxic the most with his scythe! Seriously, it's really cool seeing what they look like too as I read along the snippets you show us. :D

I think I actually might have a few trinity pictures with them together. But getting a trio can get a smidge expensive, haha! Norwin is definitely one of my favourite characters of the scenario. My friend ended up whipping her up and she has such an amount of sass to her that its pretty ridiculous. I can't wait to get around to actually building her up through a bit of writing. The pointy ears are because she's actually of elven lineage or something akin to it. My friend ended up making an original world to go with it ; lots of magic, lots of fruits, lots of archery and stuff. Maybe one day I'll get all of the cast doodled together. ;w;

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Laughing - Angry - Annoyed - Happy - Low/Critical HP
Serious - Sad - Worried - Scared - Standard/Full HP

Suihei appears to have a jovial and altruistic personality, to the point where she exhibits a plethora of traits befitting of one that has the potential to grow into a hero. To the appraising eye, she appears like any teenager ; bubbly and energetic, her vivacious approach to life in the face of adversity has given her the ability to remain optimistic no matter the odds.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Laughing - Mad - Annoyed - Happy - Scared
Low HP - Serious - Regretful - Confused - Full HP.

While I never expected Nox to be so-- expressive, it turns out that Hyuei has an amazing talent of allowing a personality genuinely shine through. As Noxic is a short-tempered, explosive sort that has a tendency of feeling more than showing, these fit quuuite well.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Art by HYUEI ; Commissioned by me.

I really like Noxic's scared expression.

Arcana-Key

Awards
" In an age beyond fairytales, a bearer of light clashes with the denizens of darkness. "

Long, long ago . . . beyond the bend of time, there was a World filled with Darkness. From this Darkness, came Light, and from this Light, many Worlds were born, beginning an Era of Peace and Prosperity amongst the denizens born onto this 'World'. It is said that during this period of time, humans were without Darkness in their Hearts, and Supreme Happiness was the only thing that they came to understand.

The Children of this Light worshipped the source of Light for their World ; Kingdom Hearts, the Legendary Heart of the Worlds, was said to hold Dominion amongst all the Worlds, and the key that protected it - the χblade. It was believed that as long as these two items existed, the realm would be bathed beneath the eternal light, so long as they kept these artifacts close to their Hearts. In an attempt to further grow closer to the χblade and Kingdom Hearts, Humans replicated the item in the form of mysterious weapons known as the Keyblade -- peculiar weapons given life through the Hearts of those whom drew upon their power.

However, the greatest Light could hide even the darkest of shadows.

She was born well after man sought to stir the Great Keyblade Wars of yore for a second time ; a thousand years had passed since a young Hero had sought to restore the balance of the Worlds, and in that time, the denizens of the realm of Light knew peace. Though her life was once ordinary, and dare she say it - mundane, it underwent turbulent change once her world was swallowed by Darkness.

With the words facing calamity once more, it was up to a bearer of the key to be selected once more ; and it is only with allies, that she will face enemies obscured in Darkness and blinded by Light.

A sort of alternative retelling of the legend established by the Keyblade War. One of my favourite images of Suihei, albeit, equipped with Lightseeker instead of Kingfisher. The fantastic twist with the style lends a very neat classic-fantasy look.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Art by YOSHIHAZE

Arcana-Key

Awards
tumblr_inline_o3fqjaOBkR1sj4ikd_400.png

Kingfisher is Suihei's primary Keyblade, and more often than not the mainstay due to its balanced magical and physical strength. Despite the unusual circumstances surrounding the bestowment of her Keyblade, it does not seem to lack the ability that several other Keyblades do. It is fully capable of unlocking any lock, harming nearly any being that may cross its path, and transform into other shapes, provided Suihei learns how to do so in the future. With the appropriate keychain, it may be altered, changing into another Keyblade with properties such as enhanced physical or magical power. Its unique ability, power control, gives Suihei a stat increase in desperate situations.

Trivia ;

♥ The character 翠 means kingfisher in japanese, but can also be read as “sui” in which case it means green In medieval legends there is a bird called the Halcyon, a green bird that made its nest in sea to calm the waters. Later science identified the bird to be a Kingfisher, and the green is because its yellow and blue plumage blends together in flight.

♥ Despite its appearance, it is a completely different make than the Kingdom Key - an advanced form, much as Stormfall is to Rainfell. Despite this, it is not particularly inherited ; as it is a weapon of the Realm of Light, it simply opted to model itself off of the base form of the Keyblade, with minor alterations as a reflection of Suihei’s Heart.

♥ If Suihei could transform it, it would probably transform to gauntlets. She has a thing for punching stuff.

Art by HYUEI ; Design by SetoshiHiroVita

Arcana-Key

Awards
" Have I gone mad? "

" I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Spoiler Spoiler Show

“Broken? That clock isn’t broken. Have you had your eyes checked? Perhaps they're what are broken here. I can assure you, the clock is very fine, very fine indeed.”

“ . . . Then, maybe ‘m mad too.”

“Of course you are, we're all Mad here.”

The Black Rabbit, as everybody called Noxic during him and his friends misadventures through the world of the not very sane. A journey not through the once wonderful Wonderland, but through something very similar yet just not quite the same; Underland. Was it prophesized for them to arrive? Maybe, maybe not, helping a friend in need however is always a guarantee. Did somebody say Jabberwocky hunting?~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

" How's the arm, love? "

" It could be much . . . better, Cheshire Something. "

Underland tends to carry the oddest effects on its denizens, letalone one of the errant visitors that tend to traverse the Worlds. Oh, it most certainly proves an irritable experience- though, not irritable enough. After all, what better way to see the World, than through the eyes of a Cheshire?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The trio's first adventure that. . . unfortunately led to a bit of infighting. Trust had yet to be established, yet Underland - a place where fiction is reality and reality is fiction, forced the three of them to continue to work together in order to get through the World. Essentially testing their sense of identities before they come to find that they have a few more things in common than what they would've initially thought. They meet a girl named Alice, assist with ending a war between the White and Red Queens ( as it had been foretold, apparently ) and finish it off by helping the young woman with slay a darkness infused Jabberwock. Knave of Hearts and the Red Queen were banished from Underland. Keyhole was located in the Vorpal sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back