• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Developping time and future of the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yremissa

Am I the only one who's worried about the developping time? Not only for KH3, but also for the future of the series. They say it takes approximatively 5 years to develop a new game. Ok the game is gonna come out before 2020, but will we have to wait another 5 to 7 years after KH3 to have a KH4?

Can't they just hire more people to have a faster development?

And also now that all games are available on PS4, do you guys think every game that will come out, will eventually be playable on PS4?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Another one of these?

Okay, all of you guys have to really consider that they have to build a new engine and all that stuff. With the other KH games, they already had most of the things ready (items, textures, models, animations…), which is why developing them didn't take as long. They also already knew how everything worked. This time, they have to not only get into it first, but also learn it.

Having said that. If other games do get developed in UE4 (which they probably will), they surely won't take as long as KH3, simply because then they won't have to build an engine, textures, models, you name it, from scratch.

Awards
The game was pushed back a ton due to the development of other games and the advancement of current technology. I just hope they don't pull a "Ff 15" and end up making the game a half finished fiasco.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't know much about game development at all, but I'm certain that speeding up development time is not as simple as just hiring more people. Sure, understaffing a game will slow it down, but I don't think that's actually the issue here. Along the lines of what Muke said, you can hire as many people as you want, but that'll just mean more people who will have to learn to work with the new engine.

Better late than never... and better never than a half-assed rushjob. I dunno about you, but I'd be seriously upset if this franchise culminated into the JRPG equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back