• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Devil May Cry 4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

|The_Big_Four|

Website
www.angelfire.com
Byline: Tommy S.

DMClogo.jpg

Finally got around to trying out the Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition ... wow, in doing so, I was instantly reminded of why I friggin' love this series so effin' much. My God, it makes me almost want to start a countdown to the long-awaited release of Devil May Cry 4 this fall, as it may very well be the very first "must-have" PS3 title, a console that I've remained pretty silent about (and for good reason) thus far.

YouTube - Devil May Cry Crazy Gameplay
(sample vid of DMC's uncomparably fast-paced gameplay)

Yeah, it's no secret that the best PS3 games have yet to be released. We're all holding out still for the promised titles that got us excited about this system in the first place, including (but not limited to) the next Kingdom Hearts installment, WWE Smackdown! Vs. RAW 2008, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet & Clank, Grand Theft Auto IV, Silent Hill 5, and of course the Final Fantasy XIII projects. Yeah, most definitely we haven't even begun to scratch the surface yet as far as the "real" PS3 library goes.

===========================
Dante_Anime.jpg

But Devil May Cry is absolutely no exception. Possibly the first game that will be released this generation that is an absolute must-have (at least for those of us familiar with this incredible series), DMC4 promises to boast, just like its predecessors, the most fast-paced and stylish combat system in the history of video gaming. Stop right here if you've never laid your hands on a Devil May Cry title before.

Do yourself a favor, and watch this short sample video of some basic DMC gameplay. Honestly, I think the only other thing I can think of that even comes close to Devil May Cry's brand of "twitch-based, relentlessly free-flowing" and fast-as-Hell-is-hot gameplay is Sora while in Final Form in Kingdom Hearts 2. And even then ...

YouTube - Devil May Cry gameplay
(Vergil kicks ass as well as Dante does in this video)

Devil May Cry is often compared to the critically acclaimed God of War and Prince of Persia series, but let me tell you right now. Absolutely NO ONE does action combat like Devil May Cry. GoW and PoP, while favorites of mine (although recent installments of the latter have proven less than satisfactory), in my book can't touch Devil May Cry, which truly forces players to adopt a unforgivingly tense and speed-oriented mindset while playing the game.

And with the absolutely sick array of combos, abilities, fighting styles, and weapons employed in the games, it only further proves that DMC is without a doubt and by far Capcom's greatest series of all time.

===========================

It's also no secret, to those of you who ARE familiar with the series, that DMC is known for being INSANELY difficult, to the point where sometimes you wonder if you're gonna have a stroke right then and there are you play.

DMC2 aside, most gamers have admitted that the original and DMC3: Dante's Awakening are easily the toughest games they've ever played in their lives, and yeah ... I can honestly say that I CAN'T say any different.

In a nutshell, with DMC, you're goal isn't to make it alive. It's to make it out without getting hurt at all, b/c every health item, every continue, every upgrade and restorative, it all has to be paid for in BLOOD (literally), and the prices shoot up after each buy. So basically, with DMC, unlike most games, you really only have one choice: get really good really fast and become basically untouchable while you move around at lightning speeds kicking demon ass ... or lose and fail miserably at the game, being given absolutely no chance of redemption, whichever one it may be.

======================

Although DMC3: Special Edition, which I've now gotten into finally, is MUCH more forgiving, in both difficulty as well as the continue system (the gold orbs, that is). Some critics see this as a negative, but I think the game is already difficult enough without having to worry about never losing health or buying the farm.

Finally, come on, let's be honest here, is there any other half-demon out there in the fictional world of the entertainment industry who's as mad chill and just plain sick as Dante is? I think not. The Devil Trigger pretty much settles that.

No offense to Inuyasha or Cole Turner from Charmed, two half-demons who *should* need no introduction.

S

Shadow Soldier

It took me a couple months to beat DMC3. Mainly because I gave up when I had to fight those stupid angel things.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
DMC 1 and 3 are definately awesome games. I never really had too much trouble with them until the Very Hard Difficulties, though. Maybe I'm insanely good at reacting, I don't know.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Haven't played ANY of the DMC games, and I plan on getting this one! O_O; It look so Hardcore, but the main character of the previous games isn't the main character here. T_T;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back