• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Devil May Cry: Cruor - Linked Bloods

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleachlover20053

Devil May Cry: Cruor - Linked Bloods

Prologue

There was an unpleasant smell in the air as the demon slayer opened the gigantic door that led to the abandoned hotel's ballroom. The familiar stench overwhelmed him that made him a bit nauseous and ecstatic at the same time. Yes that smell he knew so well that it was imbedded into his senses. The sweet smell of freshly shed blood was in the air.

He took a step inside casually as if he was walking around in his house, completely care freely. The ballroom was littered with corpse of young women none of them old enough to be married. The demon slayer approached the corpse that laid to his right, a Caucasian woman with red hair. She was decapitated from the waist down, her insides hanging down like torn streamers at a birthday party. He sure was glad that he forgot to eat dinner that night which was thanks to weeks without a job.

Shit, he thought, so hungry, good thing this job pays off pretty good. He stood up straight and took a look around his surrounding; turning left to right, up and down, all 360 degrees of the deserted ballroom. All around him were corpse and darkness, there was nothing there. At least nothing his eyes could detect. BOOM! The sound of the bullet leaving his trusty handgun, Ebony, echoed the ballroom and a second later a light thud was heard from across the room. the demon slayer made his way through the sea of corpse and crimson blood to where the demon laid. Bullet had shot straight through the head, an instant kill.

"My work here is done," he said as he turned his back against the demon and walked away. "Cheh, these half-assed kind of jobs are too boring."

He didn't look back once at the demon as he marched towards the gargantuan door that stood in between him and fresh air and possibly a good pay check. The slayer walked outside and stepped on the patch of green grass underneath him and kept marching forwards when a familiar ringtone rang from his cell phone. He didn't even have to check who called him, he knew only one person that used such a corny ringtone and thinks it's original.

"Yeah," he answered obnoxiously, "I just finished the job here as well. I'm heading to town right now, I'll see you in couple of minutes, have the money ready. Oh and by the way this is the last time I'm taking a job from you." He ran his right hand through his silvery white hair. "Hey give me a second alright? Don't hang up."

He turns around to face the abandoned hotel once more and shoots rapidly at the dark entrance with Ivory. The silence befalls him, in the darkness of the night that is lit by the crescent moon all remains dead silent.

"I'll call you back," he says, then swiftly closes his phone and arms his other hand with Ebony. "Oh still alive I see. Cheh, let's finish this so I can go for some pizza."

The demon approached the demon slayer in an awkward fashion as it limped from side to side. Its lifeless eyes started to glow bright yellow, and veins could be seen popping out of the body as the little demon started to tremble and shake violently. The devilish being grew bigger by the second until he was as tall as a small house and its body was being engulfed in flames.

"Ho, my, my what do we have here," he said sarcastically, “and just when I thought you demons couldn't get any uglier."

The demon took the bait and roared in fury as he acerbated his flaming body towards the demon slayer. The demon drew its arm back and took a swung, the wind created by the swing of its arm was enough to make the demon slayer take a step back and the areas behind burned with red flames. The slayer started shooting the demon without hesitation, a shoot to the chest with Ivory and a shot to its right arm with Ebony. In no time it became a scene of flames and bullets with neither side giving an inch.

"Oh, not bad, not bad at all," he said with a grin on his face, "it's been a while since I had to use this."

The demon slayer placed both his guns back in their holsters, his face was covered the darkness that surrounded them but a flicker from the blaze nearby showed a glimpse of his face which showed neither anxiety nor panic. Pleasure. It was written in his face. It was only for a flash of second but it was clear he was enjoying this like a little kid playing with his new toy. Then his hand slowly reached for the handle that was sticking out of his back, the demon sensed movement and in an instant dashed towards its enemy. The clash between the two created a blinding light that overcame the dark night for an instant, only for an instant and it was all over. Single strand of white hair fell from his head and a streak of crimson blood leaked from the cut that was on his cheek.

"Ha! I guess you're all talk son of Sparda," the demon spoke to him in a satisfied voice.

"The name's Dante," he said with an annoyed voice, "remember that in Hell."

"Says the one that's about to d-" and before it could finish, the head rolled from its neck and blood squirted everywhere, raining from the sky, dying everything crimson.

The demon could no longer hear the words coming from the demon slayer, Dante's mouth. But it was clear what he was saying by reading the movement of his lips. Sa-Yo-Na-Ra. The last thing the demon was able to see was the burst of flame coming from Dante's gun as he shot a single bullet, which once again pierced through the centre of its forehead.

Dante wiped the blood of his face and walked away from the scenery muttering to himself, "Cheh, just when I thought they couldn't get any uglier."

There sound of the bell ringing was barely noticeable as Dante made his way into the pub. He marched his way in through bunch of guys who were wasting way their money on a pool game, until he finally reached the bar. He sat down on a stool next to that of a beautiful woman with shoulder length black held up with hair wax. He sat down and ordered a pan of pepperoni pizza and beer.

"So how was work?" asked the woman next to him as Dante was took a bite from a slice. "It seems like it was a bit difficult."

"Nah," replied after gulping down some beer to help him swallow the pizza. "It just got a little messy, that's about it."

Dante took another bite from his pizza and the woman ordered herself a shot of whiskey, the two sat chatting, there was no small talks between the two both were all about business.

"Here's the money from the job," she said while handing Dante the envelop.

"There's a few bills missing," he replied after checking the money throughly.

"Of course I get 10% of the cut for being your agent," she replied while getting up from her seat.

"Hey, Lady where you going?"

Lady gave Dante a wink and replied, "The restroom~ I gotta freshen up~!"

He gave a grunt and ordered a shot of whiskey and got up to leave.

"Hey buddy aren't you paying," the bar tender asked.

"Nope," he replied without turning around, "just put my bill with the woman who went to the bathroom. Tell her thanks for the meal." Then he waved his arm and exited the bar.

On top of the local church, two figures hidden from the moon light stared down at the town. From where they stood people were about the size of insects crawling on the ground. One of them took a seat beside the gargoyle and the other stood as Dante comes out of the bar.

"So that's the legendary demon slayer Dante," said the one sitting down while petting the stone gargoyle.

"Yes," the other replied in a voice that showed no emotions.

"Interesting,” he said, scratching his head and smiling. "Funny isn't it? How the blood ties work."

I hope to get some comments and replies

Last edited:

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
Hmmm...
I like this. You managed to portray Dante pretty well even if its a leetle bit lacking in the sarcasm department.
I'll probably keep reading this whenever you decide to post more. ^_^

bleachlover20053

^ will (try) do so here's the next bit

Chapter 1

Dante laid on the couch with his usual magazine covering his face while he took a nap in his shop The Devil May Cry. It was another typical Saturday afternoon for him: broke, no clients, and hungry as hell. The money he had received from Lady last week for the demon slaying job was all used and spent and the phone calls he's been getting from her for leaving her with the bill gave him massive headaches. To Dante, true demons weren't actually demons at all, they were his annoying associates Trish and Lady.

The grumble from his stomach finally forced Dante from his hibernation. He made his way to the back of the store where the fridge was and opened it to see what sort of leftovers he could scavenge. When he opened the refrigerator door his hopes for a satisfying meal was completely destroyed. There was some Chinese food, milk, some cheese which started to grow some blue fungi, a jar of pickled vegetable (he himself wasn't sure which vegetable anymore) and frozen pizza since God knows when. As he was about to close the door with disgust, his stomach once again growled which sent a spasm throughout his whole body.

"Shit," he said as he picked up the plate with frozen pizza, "you'll do for now."

Dante popped open the microwave and started heating up the pizza. Then he took his meal and sat in front of the television, cursing Lady for not paying him enough. As he was about to sit and enjoy what was his meal, the phone on his desk rang. Dante got up, mumbling to himself, annoyed with the fact that someone interrupted his lunch.

"Devil May Cry," he said once he picked up the phone, "what do you want?"

"Oh, rude as ever I see," replied the voice on the other side of the phone. "Can't you be a little bit happier that you got a phone call? Especially from such a beauty such as myself?"

"Oh my apologizes Ojou-sama," Dante answered back sarcastically. "So what do you want Lady? Still going to bug me about paying you back?"

"Yeah I want my money back, but this call isn't about that," she said in a rather serious tone.

"Let me guess, some demons showed up and you want some back up," Dante guessed in a rather annoyed voice. He took a bite off the pizza he was holding, despite being kind of old, it was as jerky as Dante thought it would be, though the chewing had its own difficulties.

"Hey don't you know it's bad manners to eat and talk at the same time," scolded Lady.

"Whatever, it's not like we're talking face to face," he replied back with the same kind of tone of voice mixed in with a bit of mumbling that came with chewing. "So - gulp- what was it that you wanted me to do?"

Dante listened to Lady's explanations as he chewed on his rubber pizza, taking little breaks in between so that he could swallow his food. It seemed that there have been recent attacks done by demons all happening at churches and cathedrals. The reasons were unknown but at every location the same messages were written with the blood of the victims. The corpses were arranged in a pentagon with a drawing of a circle with blood around them, and the words "Un fil de Sparda, Dante. Votre sang coulera."

"So that's what it read huh."

"Yup, it gets weirder but before that do you know what it's say?" asked Lady out of concern and curiosity.

"Son of Sparda, Dante. Your blood will flow," said Dante in a whispery voice. "Cheh, thanks to you, I lost my damn appetite."

"Anyway, take the next train to Ambridge right away, I'll be waiting~!" said Lady and hung up while Dante was throwing away his left over, left over pizza.

Dante made a grunt and let out a sigh out of both relief and annoyance. He was relieved because he no longer had to listen to Lady, annoyed because once he got to the town he would have to listen to her and various other things that will tire him out. Well, he thought as he reached for his coat, better get there now while I still have enough money for the train ride, besides once I get there at least there'll be food. He reached for Ivory and Ebony, both were in good shape, plenty of ammunitions as well. He reached for his father's memento, the sword Rebellion that was given to him. Finally he reached for the most important item of all, the amulet which was given to his mother which then was split into two piece and given to Dante and his twin brother, Vergil. He wore it around his neck and marched out the door without locking it. Morrison will come by later, there was no need for him to do such a small task.

"Now, only if I can figure out where in the hell Ambridge is," he said as marched down the street, resting the wrapped Rebellion on his shoulders.

"Aggh, what the heck is taking that Dante so long, it's getting cold so come already!" screamed Lady in a top of her voice. Everyone around the station stared at her but quickly looked away so they wouldn't make eye contact. The clock that hung above the tower across from the station read 1 o'clock in the morning, she had called him in the afternoon the day before. You should have been here six hours ago, she thought in her head. Ambridge was a town far north, the average temperature being -5 degrees Celsius was cold enough but at one o'clock in the morning, it was downright freezing. Too cold to stand and wait anymore, Lady decided to go into a nearby inn which had a small cafe. She forcefully opened the door and slammed it closed, making a huge noise and scene as she marched into the cafe and grabbed a seat beside the window and ordering a cup of coffee.

"Where the hell are you Dante!" she said angrily as she sat down and drank her coffee.

"Yo, you were calling me," said a familiar voice from the staircase connecting the inn and the cafe. Lady, surprised by the voice turned quickly to see the white haired man climbing down the stairs yawning and stretching. He approached her and took a seat across from her and ordered a cup of coffee and a sandwich. Astonished with the sight that was in front of her, words could not come out of her mouth.

"Oi! You going to order anything?" asked Dante. When no response came he told the waitress that was all and sat on his seat comfortably, waiting for his food to arrive.

"I've been waiting out there for 3 hours straight when you didn't show up to the meeting spot! How long have you been here?" Lady asked demandingly. But Dante's focus was on the sandwich and the coffee the waitress had just placed in front of him.

"Hmmm, let's see, five, no maybe six hours," he said before taking a huge bite out of the sandwich.

"You better have a good explanation as to why you didn't contact me or come to the meeting place four hours ago."

"I do, just -mmm- give me a -mmmm- second," he said as he gulped down the sandwich. "Well you see you didn't give me the number which I could have contacted you with. And the reason to why I didn't show up was because when I got here I was tired so I decided to take a nap since there was some time but I over slept as you can see. I just woke up when you were going into rampage."

Lady held her cup intensely as Dante took bites from his sandwich and occasionally raised his head to take sips from his coffee. When Dante finished his meal and let out a burp and that was the final straw and Lady snapped, breaking the cup along with her mind. Dante sat without getting surprised, instead he asked the waitress for some more coffee and napkins.

"Hey it's about time isn't it?" Dante asked as he drank his coffee, eyes closed savouring every drop.

"Huh, say what?" Lady asked back in a confused and pissed-off tone of voice.

"What? We spent all this time and you didn't notice this?" he asked. Then swiftly he drew Ebony from its holster and fired at the waitress' head, she instantly dropped dead on the floor.

"Hey!" Lady exclaimed with her eyes wide opened. "What the hell are you doing Dante?!"

"Just shut up and watch," he said without even looking at the corpse that laid on the floor. Lady focused her eyes on the hideous sight that was in front of her. The waitress
that served the two coffee a second ago had turned into a shrivelled up body that was long dead. Surprised by the sight, she looked up to find the rest of the people in the cafe approach them like lifeless puppets.

"Ghouls?" asked Lady in a shocked voice. "How come you didn't take care of it before?"

"I told you," Dante said as he got up from his seat, "I was tired and needed a nap. Now let's finish this so I can find the bastard who’s behind those ugly graffiti."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back