• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did anyone beat FF8?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xell

Wait, wut?
1. Get ultimate weapons
2. Get lots of Auras
3. Infact get loads of magic (High lvl magics so you can junction)
4. Split gfs between your partys

You can't really give tips for ff8 cause of the lvl up thing (Where you lvl up so does the enemy), Just keep trying he's not that hard, the lionheart is a MUST though, you can just use renzokuken and hope for a lionheart attack to destroy greiver (thats his name ^_^)

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Xell said:
...the lionheart is a MUST though, you can just use renzokuken and hope for a lionheart attack to destroy greiver (thats his name ^_^)

The keyword there is "hope". I don't know about you people, but I think it's really just stupid that Squall never uses his greatest attack even if he's in critical status and has Aura cast on him. "Oh no...I'm facing an enemy called "Ultimate Weapon" and two of my party members are dead. I'd better use my desperation attack, but I'll only use the techniques I learned from the first disc. I wouldn't want to survive, now would I?"

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Get the Ultimate Limit Breaks for Squall and Rinoa and Irvine. They do the greatest damage... (Zell is a good one as well)

This means:
-Search all the needed items
-Train

.Genesis

Umm dude isn't impossible to get those weapons (lionheart) when you're in the area with ultima?. o_O

Lucifer

Here is a tip. Actually do some side-quests. As far as I know, it is never too late to get everything in the game, or at least, everything necessary to successfully beat the game (Best weapons, best magic. I swear, by the end of the game, all you really need is a few Aura's and juctioning magic). Strike that. You can beat the game without any junctions whatsoever. And here is proof:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_no_junction.txt

My point is this. If you care so much about winning a game, you'd use your head and go out. There are plenty (too many...) FAQs out there to help.

.Genesis

If he's at the last boss he can't go back unless he has a ave before he went in to it >_>

EDIT: you're link no worky

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Ah well, after I read from Stephen that youre at Ultimecia, I recommend you either replay the whole game, or go to the latest save on Disc 3.

Disc 3 is the CD where you can do all the sidequest etc and level up really easy.
(Level up is the most left island or the most right island... superstrong monsters)
(Magic like Ultima is same for leveling up. The most right and left island...)
(A lot of Ultima is from the draw point at the highest town called Shumi Village, you have to pay though...)

For more tips go to http://www.GameFaqs.com

Xell

Wait, wut?
Square Ninja said:
The keyword there is "hope". I don't know about you people, but I think it's really just stupid that Squall never uses his greatest attack even if he's in critical status and has Aura cast on him. "Oh no...I'm facing an enemy called "Ultimate Weapon" and two of my party members are dead. I'd better use my desperation attack, but I'll only use the techniques I learned from the first disc. I wouldn't want to survive, now would I?"

Rofl yeah it is dumb XD thats what I was thinkinh when I vs'd ultima weapon lol

Hikari44

If you don't play the card game all that much, trade the Bahamut card if you have it for 100 megalixirs. They are absolute lifesavers on the last part. i tried like 10000 times without them and then the one time i had them i beat her!!!

and the ending is FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!! I LOOOOOOOVE IT :)

Good luck!

Hyperion

Ok, I haven't played this game in so long, so I'm trying to remember what I did.

I used a combo of Meltdown - Aura (on Squall) - Renzokuken. That's what got me through in the end, but it took a couple of tries.

I made sure one of my characters had the Recover and Revive abilities equipped, along with Auto-Haste. I think it's Leviathan that lets you use them.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes, I have beat it. But the first time I beat it I had to come up with a weird strategy and it took a long time. All her forms are hard except for the first time you fight her, (WARNING, SPOILERS AHEAD) and I also had trouble fighting Griever and even more trouble fighting her when she junctioned with Griever and then that weird thing in space was just as hard, I got killed everytime I made it to the final form because she'd use the Ultima spell when I least expected it. Here's a tip: Try to cast triple or double on everyone in the party and make sure everyone has a shell and a protect on them. Buy a book that makes Angelo learn Wishing Star and then cast Aura on Rinoa. Depending on how strong Rinoa is, Wishing Star will do a lot of damage.

shortythugsta

G0t anth1ng 2 say b1+ch ?
ultimecia was hard but harder in her last form and when she summon out lion heart but just follow wat every one said and u would be fine but remeber get alot of aura and put ur weak berson into battle first

jk4eva

Hm.. Griever's not all that hard. =/
I think you have a disadvantage at first when you're fighting in that long, continuous battle with random members. Just sacrifice your weakest ones, let them die until you get your strongest members.
Cast Aura and haste on Squall and if you're really lucky, you might just get Lionheart.. (if you don't, life goes on).
Rinoa's limit breaks are very useful here too, but then again it's also based on chance and her condition in battle. Another thing, if you have the GF Doomtrain, use it and it should cause some status effects (trust me, it's very effective).
Make sure they have protect and shell on and that the magic you junctioned are powerful and up to 100.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
okay easy..

GET ALOT OF ULTIMA AND AURA FIRA CURAGA AND ANYONE YOU WANT BECUASE YOU WILL NEED HIGH LEVEL SPELLS!

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Is it just me, or does magic blow in FFVIII?

I won't even go into how much I loathe the Junction system, but it's almost useless except for "Meltdown", "Life (or "Full-life")", "Aura", and "Ultima". Even when I junction a character as a magic user, it still does so little damage compared to everyone else's normal attacks. Let's not forget that the good spells are rare that you can count all the uses you'll ever see on your hands. God, I loathe the Junction system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back