• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disney and Square-Enix: Together Forever?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cids Spear

What I'm saying here is that Kingdom Hearts is possibly on the biggest video game franchises, both in America and Japan. With the sequel being one of the top sellers last year, it wouldn't be surprising if both countries got an equal share of the profit pie. Yet Japan is getting more attention (even despite the fact the card game and novels are coming to America.), with KH2:FM+ being exclusive to their neck of the woods.

This astounds me because if you pay close attention to both compenies, you find some good similarities in their way of making products. Here are some examples:

1. Both compenies have a strong fanbase and loyal customers. You can find tons of groups on Final Fantasy with fanart, fanfiction, listings on characters, pairings all around the Net, yet Disney has it's fair share of fans too. Pirates, Nightmare before Xmas, Lion King, Kim Possible, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, High School Musical, Lizzie McGuire, and many, MANY more have lots of Fans. They love them to an astounding degree.
2. Both seem to milk them excessively. I mean, Final Fantasy 7 has tons of Spinoffs and remakes of 2-D classics are poured out every year. Add action figures, sculptures, posters, soundtracks, t-shirts to the mix and you've got a plethora of money. Disney...oh, do I really need to explain? Just look everywhere around you.
3. Both now seem to have creations that most of the time have mixed reactions, with the ocassional, universal loathed and/or praised product. Many feel Square-Enix focuses more on story and graphics than gameplay, more or less making "movies." Disney, with it's nearly undeinable presence in theme parks, books, movies, television, toys, video games, food, and other paraphenelia is simpley overwhelming, giving them a view of the geuine corporation, up there with Coca-Cola and Mcdonalds.

I'll comment more later.

MyWayToDawn

ur completly right. they prolly will be together for longer then we expect. and if they would bring everything over to america imagine how much money they would rack in besides the amount they already have. but to bad about the games. i think i read somewher that if they ship a game over from japan it has to have new things on it. thats y they r hesitatin to bring over kh2fm+ cause theyd make japan gamers angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back