• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Divine Rebirth - An Original God RP (sign-Up's)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sepulchre

Awards
"To Whom It May Concern,

I know what you are. I can help you.

You may be startled at this point - alarmed, even. But before you panic, a word of advice; do not bother showing this letter to your family. They will not be able to read what you read. They will merely see it as another gas bill, or an advertisement. I have disguised its nature from those who are not like us. You see, I have certain gifts as well. I know what you are going through. This is why I want to help you.

Meet me at the Hudson Hotel in New York on the tenth of September; simply speak my name to the receptionist; she will tell you where to go.

Come alone. If you are not alone, you will not find me welcoming.

If you do not meet with me, then I may not be able to save you.

With regards: Herman Samstag.
"

It is unsettling, how easily a life is changed; how everything you’ve worked for up to this point can suddenly have no meaning. The world loses its colour; draining away from your surroundings to become a whirlpool of empty black that churns all around you, beguiling you into its murky depths.
An icy terror grips you as you consider what the letter forebodes and, as if the cold, lifeless hand of death itself had slid its portentous fingers onto your shoulder, a shiver runs through your body.

But is it a shiver of trepidation… or of excitement? Do you long to escape the tedium of your life, or do you cling to it for what flimsy security it imparts?

Does this chance letter stir your need for answers, or do you fear what you might discover?

Will you take a leap of faith, or will you shy away?

This story concerns a group of newly-awakened gods (or, in this politically correct world of ours, 'gods/goddesses') – led by an experienced god yet to be revealed – going off on a grand quest that will span the globe and beyond, battling all sorts of fiendish enemies on the way. Yes, this is a hopelessly vague description, but I hope to keep the story as secret as possible. Just trust me when I say that enough work has gone into it to make it very, very interesting…

But first, the rules.

~ Rules ~

Limited PP-ing (Power-Playing). I will directly control every enemy in this RP, so you can consider me the DM, of sorts. However, I’ll allow a certain amount of RP’er control over the weaker enemies.

No GM-ing (God-Mode). Ironic, I know. But, as I’ll have control over all the monsters, I’ll simply crush your character to bits if you never get physically harmed. Just a friendly warning.

I’m never strict on posting times, but I’ll expect to see a new post from everyone at least once a week. If not, I’ll contact you via PM and VM. If I receive no reply within three days, you’re out.

This RP may last a really long time, so I won’t hold it against you if any of you should decide to quit. Should any of you leave, though, please notify me through PM and I’ll put your space up for grabs in this post for anyone else who might want to join in. However, if you want back in the RP, and someone is already using your character/spot, then I’m afraid you’re out of luck.

I will only be accepting six RP-ers in total. I may consider more, depending on how popular this is, I suppose. After a specific point, though, I’ll be accepting no new people.

Yes, you can suggest a god/goddess you want to RP as in this thread and, unless I have plans for whatever divine being you want to play as, I’ll consent as long as you can provide whatever details are needed (basically, I’ll need the same kind of details that the gods/goddesses I’ve put up have).

I should warn you all that your choice in god/goddess will have ramifications in the RP storyline, so I suggest that you all become at least tenuously familiar with their history if you intend to play as them. For this reason, I will be including their Wiki links with their descriptions (I know Wikipedia isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. It isn’t mine either, personally, but I don’t know of any other worthwhile sites. If someone could provide me with one, I’d be grateful).

Don’t worry about weapons; the characters that should have them will get them when the time comes.

Although I’ve put tenth of September on the letter, I should tell you all that it could change at any moment. I’ll update if it does.

Put the word ‘Jehovah’ above your template to prove you’ve read the rules. Heh... eh? Why am I chuckling? No reason... anyway, moving on.

~ Powers ~

As well are their innate powers, each of the gods/goddesses will be able to wield one of three types of magic; magic crucial to the foundation of the universe. I will only allow two characters of each power. These three kinds of magic are as follows (for those of you who think the information provided in this section is a little dry, I’ll point out that the majority of the information surrounding the three magic’s will be explored in the RP itself):

Chaos Magic:The power to rend and ruin; bring the universe itself to heel…

Chaos magic is essentially the power to smash things up with your mind; telekinesis, if you will, but at the same time more than that. How a character’s ability will manifest depends on their innate godly powers. For instance, a god with power over fire will be able to create a vast vortex of flame with but a thought if he is mighty in the ways of creation magic, whereas one weak in chaos magic could perhaps throw a fireball or two before concussing themselves.

Creation Magic:The power to build and produce; create anything from everything…

Creation magic is exactly that; creating anything from everything. Essentially, it’s summoning, although what you summon and for how long it lasts depends, again, on what god you have selected and how powerful he or she is in Creation magic. For instance, a god with power over water and with an immense aptitude with creation magic would be able to create a creature of incredible girth and strength by pooling the planets water into it while someone less capable could build themselves the summoning equivalent of a trout.

Divine Magic:The power to heal and restore; fill all existence with life…

As far as I’m concerned, this is the most interesting ability; to heal anything, and to give anything you want a life - or a ‘soul’, if you will. As for how this ability will work… well, it is not defined by your element, and bears no relevance on your natural powers; it simply heals. However, I would define it as a very worthwhile investment, particularly if combined with another kind of magic taken by another character…

~ Gods/Goddesses ~

This is a list of the pre-defined gods. Remember, you can choose to use your own, but first you’ll have to PM me the name so I can tell you whether or not they’re involved in the story without spoiling it in the thread itself. Don’t worry, not much information will be required, but I will expect you to know your god/goddess when the time comes for you to interact with them. If you really, really don’t want to do research on them or don’t have the time to, I’ll provide a brief description of them for you… but I won’t be happy about it. :p

Name: Vulcan/Hephaestus.
Title:
Roman Fire God/Greek Blacksmith God.
Ability: Can control fire and, considering that he’s also another god, can also make weapons out of nothing if you decide to use him with Creation magic.
Wiki: Vulcan and Hephaestus respectively.

Name: Horus.
Title: Egyptian God of the Sky.
Ability: Has a big, lovely pair of falcon wings that can appear or vanish at whim and can control air (or, to be more specific, wind).
Wiki: Horus.

Name: Heimdall.
Title: Norse Guardian God.
Ability: You get ultra-super strength, incredible hearing and superb eyesight. Bit bland, yeah, but I know at least some people like playing the strong folk. As he isn’t really the god of anything other than fighting, though, I’m afraid he won’t be able use any magic at all unless you can think of a sensible way how... unless you want the burly fighter to be a healer, in which case I’ll extend my arm through this monitor, find you with my mind and slap you silly for defiling the name of Conan. Erm, I mean Heimdall.
Wiki: Heimdall.

Name: Artemis.
Title: Greek Goddess of the Hunt.
Ability: Heimdall with some notable physical differences and a bow, essentially… unless you can think of a way for her to use one of the three magic’s (except if you want to give her Divine magic, which would make more sense than giving it to Heimdall), in which case I’m all ears.
Wiki: Artemis.

Name: Loko.
Title: Loa of Healing and Nature, basically.
Ability: He has power over nature, which can be interpreted in a number of ways, all of them applicable to one of the three magic’s.
Wiki: I would provide it, but there’s nothing really to see, so… just go wild with this one.

Name: Susanoo.
Title: Shinto God of Storms and Seas.
Ability: Surprise, surprise; its water. He also get’s the Kusanagi, because everyone loves katanas.
Wiki: Susanoo.

Name: Hel.
Title: Norse Goddess of Her Name.
Ability: She can speak with the dead and control them to a limited degree, depending on which magic you select.
Wiki: Hel.

Once again; if there is a god/goddess you would like to use, please PM me first before putting the name in the thread. I would prefer not to have any surprises ruined.

~ Template ~

Name: (Fairly self-descriptive)
Age: (Nothing crazy, folks; the highest age I’ll accept is mid-thirties)
Origin: (Basically, what country you’re from)
(You can add whatever you like to this: IE. Height, Weight, Tattoos, ETC…)

Powers: (The name of which god/goddess you’ve chosen to be, their natural power/s and a link to their Wiki or any other site with an adequate amount of background information. If none can be found, then don’t bother. However, if I do find a decent one with a half-hearted browse through Wikipedia and it turns out that you’re just being lazy, I will deny you the character you wish to use.)
Magic: (Enter which kind of magic you want to use, along with a brief description of how you intend to use it. I implore you to start out small; your powers will grow with time, but for now I fear you’ll all be quite weak.)

Personality: (People would use the powers of a god for many things… that’s all I’ll say on this subject.)

Appearance: (Fairly simple. Please, nothing over-the-top, though. You’ll just be ordinary people up to this point, after all.)

History: (Once again, ordinary person up until now, although you could drop a few hints on how your minor godly powers may have influenced your growth as a person.)

On a final note, this RP will be going on for quite a long time and may require quite a lot of effort. Considering I am now a university student, I do not know if I can give this 100% all of the time. So if anyone out there is interested in co-DMing this RP, please send me an e-mail, and I’ll fill you in on the whole story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back