• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do the Ansem Reports Still Make Sense?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Now that we have to assume that Apprentice Xehanort did not actually suffer from memory loss, can we trust a single thing said in the Ansem Reports. They describe him as a curious and unethical scientist who desires to study the heart of his world. He meets a little a King who expands his view of the universe and sets out to acquire a Keyblade to make all of this possible. He sets Kairi afloat in the lanes between and extracts his heart from his body. Curiously, he remains sentient, although he is a shadow of his former self. Eventually, his aspirations become more ambitious and decides to go after the Heart of All Worlds. He follows Kairi to Riku, chosen wielder of the Keyblade, and aspires to take over his body and gather the Princesses.

We read about him discovering, naming, and studying heartless. How can he be aware of his past as Xehanort? I suppose they could be forged, but I don't see the point if they are his personal research notes.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think we can still count them as making sense. All they mostly detailed was him curiosities and bits on his experiments and we know that the first was written by the real Ansem so there's really not that much contradicting since we dont truly know when he regained his memories, if he regained all of them or if he got mixed bits of MX, Terra, and Eraqus when he did regain them.

It's stated in one of the reports of kh2 that all but the first was written by Ansem.

Awards
I guess it still works if he remembers after meeting the King. It's just that Braig seems to wonder if he ever truly forgot who he was. I don't know how reliable his assumptions are.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I guess it still works if he remembers after meeting the King. It's just that Braig seems to wonder if he ever truly forgot who he was. I don't know how reliable his assumptions are.
If anything, the only part I'd consider retconned is the meeting with mickey because he talks of it in the reports but in kh2's flashback we see that mickey meet the real ansem with Xehanort entering the room.
Detailing as much as he did in the kh1 reports I'd go as far as to say that he was ease dropping on the real ansem and mickey's conversations.

Well Braigs assumptions are right up to a point because he eventually does remember enough of either MX or Terra to summon MX's keyblade and turn on the other apprentices.

Awards
Ok. I feel better about this. It's kind of fitting that he would say that he met with the King, considering he stole his Master's identity.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Ok. I feel better about this. It's kind of fitting that he would say that he met with the King, considering he stole his Master's identity.

Exactly, after all he was out to ruin Ansems name so he'd have to be convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back