• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think nomura had planned to include ventus to be related with keyblade wars before union x?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yuyayuzu

Awards
I have seen many people said that ventus came out of nowhere and this makes me remembered a theory that ventus in a dandelion even before he appears in union x and it is supported by using ventus' station of awakening depicts keyblade graveyard instead of land of departure which explained ventus's origin is somewhat related to keyblade graveyard. And the first time we see ventus' station of awakening is in BBS. So I think it is possible that nomura had planned to make ventus to be related with keyblade wars from beginning. The theory is from alphabaymax post in tumblr, that alphabaymax and alphabaymax here the same person maybe?
alphabaymax

alphabaymax

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm rather of the opinion that it was possible (and eventually happened) because of what has been given in BBS. Like the mentioned station of awakening.
I really don't think Nomura had this all planned back then.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I doubt he had plans for anything related to Chi before DDD, so that's a no from me too.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I remember reading some interview a while back where Nomura effectively said that KHIII's story begins with BbS. That the story was so massive, he had to split it into multiple games, and BbS ​was the beginning.

Personally, I always felt that Ventus's role in BbS was a little lacking, so it wouldn't surprise me that Nomura had bigger plans for Ventus moving forward. Moreover, I think that Ventus's life before BbS was left vague on purpose--how did Xehanort find him? Why did he see Ventus as a worthy pupil? These are left untouched, but χ may fill in those blanks.

Do I think that, 8-10 years ago during BbS's production, Nomura envisioned for Ventus "he would be a Union Leader following the aftermath of the Keyblade War?" No, not quite.
But I do believe the skeleton of the plot since BbS has been in place for quite some time.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I remember reading some interview a while back where Nomura effectively said that KHIII's story begins with BbS. That the story was so massive, he had to split it into multiple games, and BbS ​was the beginning.
Pretty sure he said that about KH3D and 0.2, not BBS?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I mean just because a character has been left vague and has this kind of potential doesn't mean it was "planned".

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What does stand out though is that in the original BBS Ventus' past was the only one to be at least rudimentally teased and thus coded as "potentially" important, even if it was only through two or three vague sentences in Xehanort's Report.

The thing with Ventus' awakening platform is a two-sided sword though as we never get to see a pre-split version of it and what that one depicted.
The first platform we see of Ventus is the one after Sora stabilized his heart (and Nomura in the BBS Ultimania stated that although Sora saved Ven and "awakened" him, his heart was not fully formed yet by the time he came to Land of Departure).

The Keyblade Graveyard (without the Keyblades) being depicted on this awakening platform of Ventus can as such also have a background/explanation from the context of BBS alone since it is practically the "homeworld" or "origin" of the post-split Ventus.
It has been confirmed that Ven lost all his memories and that his heart was healed/grown over the four years between the split and the start of BBS proper, so it can be interpreted as a sort of a new beginning.

So going by that I'm mostly on the same bandwagon as The_Echo in the vein that Ventus' past was deliberately left vague and with a "hook" to expand it later on Nomura's part, but there was no exact pre-planned scenario that is now only played out in Union X.

It is much more likely that Nomura looked over his stuff and realized "hey, I still have that unexplored tease/hook about Ventus' past lying around, let's fill that with some more detail and to combine this with the online game, lets connect it all to the second season of it and turn later on with KH III as well!"

Or in short:
Nomura did plan to do something more with the character Ventus down the line in the story, but there was no concrete actual scenario set in place from the start.

yuyayuzu

Awards
Well, I actually meant that he planned to make ventus to be related in keyblade wars but maybe not at that time he didn;t have an idea to do it rather than he already had planned the whole scenario and he wanted to use it in the next kh game series if he has the opportunity to do so .
But now I realized
It is much more likely that Nomura looked over his stuff and realized "hey, I still have that unexplored tease/hook about Ventus' past lying around, let's fill that with some more detail and to combine this with the online game, lets connect it all to the second season of it and turn later on with KH III as well!"
makes most sense

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, at the time of making that Tumblr thread, I was just evaluating the 3rd Anniversary Kingdom Hearts X artwork. So a lot of stuff that I said on that is outdated (like Nightmare Chirithy).

Honestly, the way the story is designed for the X narrative, it's segmented. Unless Nomura confirms otherwise through an interview, I'll have to be in the minority and say yes. Ventus' backstory was intentionally vague so that he can get further character development. Everybody was under the assumption that we would be finding out about Ventus backstory in Kingdom Hearts III, but lo and behold, the kid's connected to the past. Makes sense considering Xehanort's obsession with linking him with the X-Blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back