• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Don't have a name

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joy

Bronze Member
I awoke to my brother playing a video game on my computer. Actually, I woke up to the sound of the Master Chief’s grunt of pain that is heard when a player fails to keep him alive. A grin spread across my face as I realized what game Pete was playing.

The title of the game was Halo. Halo is and always will be one of the best games I’ve ever played. The best though, is playing Truth and Reconciliation while waiting for my mom to make pancakes. It would be 11:00 A.M. on a Saturday morning and we’d have just gotten into the hangar. Those stupid sword elites would kill all our marines, and then we’d own not only them, but we’d also pwn the whole goddamn covenant armada. Then, after beatin down all of the grunts with the butt’s of our assault rifles, it would be breakfast time and we’d eat our pancakes faster than Superman could read.

After reviewing how much fun those mornings were, I pulled of my blanket and sat on the edge of my bed. My brother didn’t seem to notice I was awake yet, and I decided to take advantage of the situation and scare the crap out of him. Wait, not the crap, I’d scare the soul outta him. It wouldn’t matter though, because his soul was made out of crap. I crept up behind him all quiet and set my plan into action.

“I’m gunna eat you! Bahhhh!” I screamed, trying to hold in my laughter

“Yeah, I kinda already realized you were awake, Dillon.” He said, still concentrating on killing a pair of Hunters “Oh, by the way, mom’s making pancakes.”

I smiled. It’s not everyday you think of the best Saturday morning you could have and it actually happens. Overjoyed with the comment Pete just made, I spun the chair he was seated upon in a circle.

“What’s your problem?!” Pete exclaimed. He hated when I interrupted him in something.

“We’re playing on the X-box today. It’s the tradition, you know that.”

“I was beating The Silent Cartographer on Legendary. You don’t spin someone in a chair when you’re playing on legendary.”

“Fine, revert to saved and keep playing until I get out of the shower.” I turned around and headed for the door “Then, we’re kicking some alien ass.”

As I walked out of my room, I could hear him laughing. My lips widened as well, as I realized how funny the conversation was. The thought quickly left my mind, as the delicious aroma of pancakes filled my nostrils. Saliva poured from my mouth like water from a kettle and I had to urge to grab one right then and there, but I had to take a shower. I was going to hang out with Joe today. We were going to grab a couple of Cokes, make popcorn, and play some random video game for a while. The smile still lay upon my lips; today was going to be a fun day.

I walked into my bathroom and undressed. My hand reached to the knob to the showerhead and I turned the heat up. I loved hot water; it felt as if you were being wrapped in a warm but watery blanket. It made up for the cushiony, and silky blanket that I had to abandon every morning in order to leave my room.

I washed my hair and body thoroughly and searched around for the conditioner. I usually didn’t use conditioner, but recently my hair felt rough and this stuff was supposed to help that.

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my wet and naked body. After soaking up any excess water, I wrapped the soft material around my waist. Opening up the cabinet, I took out the toothpaste and applied some to my toothbrush. While brushing my teeth, I peeked out the front window. The car seemed to have disappeared. Turning to the kitchen, I noticed a new object had appeared on my fridge. It was a note explaining why the car was gone. It read:

Dear Dillon,

Your father, your two brothers and me went to grandpa’s house for the day. We didn’t have time to wait for you, so we just left. We’ll be back around 10 tonight. Sorry for not telling you.

Love,
Your Mom

As I read the note, I was jumping up and down. I had let the toothpaste sit in my mouth for too long and it was burning my gums. Frantically running back to the bathroom, I spit the creamy substance back into the sink. I was still jumping as I filled the cup that sat on the sink with cold water. I pressed the plastic to my lips and let the liquid run into my mouth. After gargling it and spitting into the sink, I read the note again.

“This is great.” I said aloud “Now, I could have Joe come over here, along with Tyler. We can mess around in Halo.” I laughed “Explosions. Explosions. Explosions.”

I went up to my room and threw on some new clothes. During Christmas, I had received this very cool army green shirt, so I decided to put it on. I then threw on this light blue pair of boxer briefs, my favorite pair of denim blue jeans, and ankle socks. I booted up my computer and opened Trillian, my only source for AIM, MSN and YAHOO.

“Just my luck,” I thought “Joe’s on.”

I double clicked on his username and a window appeared.

Warriorroadkill: hey

JoeyOrgy: hey

Warriorroadill: wats^

JoeyOrgy: nothing much you?

Warrioroadkill: same

It was funny, our conversations always started out like that.

JoeyOrgy: When are you coming over?

Warriorroadkill: when can I?

JoeyOrgy: Now if you want

Warriorroadkill: alright, I’ll head over

Warriorroadkill signed off

I turned off my computer and grabbed both my iPod and my phone. I put on my Guns N’ Roses hoody and headed out the door. The first thing I noticed when I walked out the door was the breeze. It felt so nice against my still warm skin. The news last night said it was going to be 35 degrees, but it felt somewhere around 50.

I put my headphones for my iPod in my ears and casually walked down the block. I put the song order on shuffle and switched my iPod into hold mode. Putting it back into my jean pocket, I sang along with the lead singer.

Tonight, I'm gonna have myself a real good time
I feel alive, and the world, it's turning inside out, Yeah!
I'm floating around, in ecstasy
So don't—stop—me—now, don't—stop--me
'Cause I'm havin a good time, havin a good time

The song was ‘Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen. As of the past month, I was obsessed with Queen. They were so unique, so amazing. They had slow songs, cheesy songs, and amazing songs. I mean, the difference between Bohemian Rhapsody and Flash was incredible! The whole way there I thought about just that. The amazingness of the band called Queen. I thought of how big they got, how their music genres differed from each song and how I was introduced to them. As a little kid, I had heard songs such as “Somebody to Love Me” and “Bohemian Rhapsody”, but I never knew that was Queen.

It wasn’t until October of this year that I was actually introduced to them and liked them. My friend, JP, let me borrow his iPod for the day. He had one song by Queen and it wasn’t even complete. It was called “I want to ride my bicycle” on his iPod but it was really the song “Bicycle Race”. After that, I downloaded two CD’s by them via bittorrent. I’ve been obsessed ever since.

My thoughts were interrupted by my friend Arielle’s scream.

“Dillon, oh my god!”

Before I could even react, two arms were wrapped around me. I could feel long, soft hair hit my skin and a fragrance filled my nostrils. As I realized what had happened, I looked down at the head now buried in my chest.

At her full height, the top of her head reached about the center of my neck. But, as of now, it only reached the middle of my chest. She looked up at me and her big, brown eyes stared directly into my blue eyes. She had plenty of make-up today, like always.

“You’re not gunna believe what happened!” she exclaimed, obviously something good had happened.

“Do I want to know?”

“Oh, yes. It has to do with you.”

I stared at her in disbelief. Me? What did I do that someone’s been talking about me?

“Is it a good thing?”

“That matters what you think good is, Dillon.”

“You know what I would think good is, Arielle.”

“True, but Ashley made me promise I couldn’t tell you. She said she had to.”

Her head was now off my chest, and she was standing in front of me. Needless to say I was relieved that her head wasn’t pressed against my chest. I fit was, she would be able to feel my heart pumping like crazy. I kept a straight face though, so she wouldn’t be able to tell if that I was nervous. In actuality, if it had something to do with Ashley and she wouldn’t allow anyone else say what she had to say, it was because there was another meaning behind it. Something big had happened, and I would be the first to know about it.

“You sure? I mean you can tell me now.”

“Silly, you know I never break a promise.”

“I can’t argue with that line. It’s true. Arielle Gallina does keep her promises.”

She only smiled as she led me to Burger King. If Ashley really had something to say to me, today would prove to be one interesting day.

---

I don't know where this is going, but I do know that the next chapter will be written better. ^^

Edit: In the title of the thread, replace the word Don't with the word Doesn't <.<

Last edited:

Bear

Ouranophobic
lol, completely random. The writing is decent, and I didn't see too many mistakes. Get a new chapter up soon, so we can find out where you're goin' with it. But, yeah, good job. Just remember to try and not alter the style of writing, since it's in that view. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back