• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Doom Movie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

zero_cool

i think itz cool that ther makin a doom movie the ame is cool so i cant wait to see the movie

the movie came by suprise to me i jsut heard about it like a week or two ago

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
I am going to see the Doom movie, and suffer through every blasted minute of it. Well, I shouldn't say that. There is a SLIM CHANCE that it will be good. Slim. As in almost nonexistant.

It doesn't seem to be based on the games at all, really. What little bits it does take it skewers. I don't expect much at all. I mean, it may be a good MOVIE, but as a DOOM movie? No. Just... No.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
while i will see it, i dont like it how they changed what storyline doom had to make the movie seem like a clone of the resident evil movies (in the movie its a virus that caused the demons/zombies, not the demons came from hell and the humans affected by the attack turned into zombies like in the doom)

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Man this movie looks awesome, especially with the Rock in it. I am so going to see this.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Manchester Black said:
It doesn't seem to be based on the games at all, really. What little bits it does take it skewers. I don't expect much at all. I mean, it may be a good MOVIE, but as a DOOM movie? No. Just... No.

Hold up. Upon reading a recent article about the movie, it actually sounds like Doom now. It's in a base on Mars (or some planet), creatures from hell appear (I hope they're from hell), and Marines are sent in to clean up. That sounds much like Doom to me.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
Square Ninja said:
Hold up. Upon reading a recent article about the movie, it actually sounds like Doom now. It's in a base on Mars (or some planet), creatures from hell appear (I hope they're from hell), and Marines are sent in to clean up. That sounds much like Doom to me.

I've stopped reading any and all news about Doom when they announced that the "demons" were not from Hell, and that references to Hell were removed. I may very well be based on Mars (infact, after seeing the trailer, I see that it is), which is a good sign, but there's still a long way to go to make it Doom.

I don't think it's going to be very good. I really don't. You can make a movie about Marines killing creatures (I will not call them demons because, as I said, I'm pretty sure they are not from Hell) on some planet other than Earth, but that does not make it Doom. Plus, there's just something... I don't know. I don't like the fact that there's a team of Marines. Granted, it may be that all but Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's character gets killed off near the beginning, which would make it more Doom-esque, but I have a feeling that won't happen. Yes, I realize it makes sense for there to be a team of Marines. Who sends in a single soldier to deal with creatures ? But the games have you mostly by yourself, so I was kind of hoping the movie would be that way. That's just me though. When it comes to video game movies, I want perfection, because they're so easy to screw up (ex. Alone In The Dark, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within).

EDIT: I just saw the trailer. The movie does look good, I'll admit. The first person view was definately a nice touch. I will be in line on October 21st, as I stated in my initial post. But it's still a skewered version of Doom. The "demons" actually are not from Hell according to the trailer, Square Ninja. Appearently, they were created while scientists at the UAC base on Mars were doing genetic testing. So, basically, It's Doom 3 crossed with Resident Evil.

As an afterthought, damn that Hell Knight looked cool.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Manchester Black said:
The "demons" actually are not from Hell according to the trailer, Square Ninja. Appearently, they were created while scientists at the UAC base on Mars were doing genetic testing. So, basically, It's Doom 3 crossed with Resident Evil.

Ah, well...shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back