• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Door to Light

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerranOvermind

Was it just me, or did anyone else feel cheated when it came to how the door to light was portrayed in KH2?

In the first installment, Mickey kept going on and on about how important it was that Sora was the "one who will open the door to the light". The significance of both Sora and the door itself were stressed to the point of assuring us that it will someday become the culmination of the KH storyline as far as Sora and Co. are concerned.

My theory at the time was that since KH was a doorway to the source of darkness that was threatening to consume the "universe" (and nearly did), that the door to light would be a doorway to the source of LIGHT that, when opened, would extinguish all darkness from the universe and save everyone from the Heartless forever. And Sora would be the one to open this door.

Instead, the door to light in KH2 is merely a gateway for Sora and Riku to return home to the realm of light from the realm of darkness. Further, it only opens after both Riku and Sora read a letter from Kairi that somehow crossed dimensions into the sea in Darkness.

How is any of that significant?! Only Riku and Sora benefitted from the door opening. Also, Riku and the Organization were constantly opening doors to the Light and Twilight realms throughout the game. The only difference is that they used darkness to open them instead of light.

How was Sora important in opening it?! Riku read the letter, too. Kairi wrote the letter. Are they trying to say that an emotional response from Sora after reading it is what opened the door? That the whole "my friends are my power" is what helped them escape a lifetime in the realm of darkness? If so, I ask the first question again. How was that significant in the long run? Riku and Sora's combined efforts had already saved the realm of light from Xehanort anyway. Further, Sora did not make a conscious effort to open the door at all. It was a complete surprise.

Did anyone else feel that this issue was not properly explained? Any theories from KH1 that were thrown asunder after this reveal?

Last edited:

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
Was it just me, or did anyone else feel cheated when it came to how the door to light was portrayed in KH2?

In the first installment, Mickey kept going on and on about how important it was that Sora was the "one who will open the door to the light". The significance of both Sora and the door itself were stressed to the point of assuring us that it will someday become the culmination of the KH storyline as far as Sora and Co. are concerned.

My theory at the time was that since KH was a doorway to the source of darkness that was threatening to consume the "universe" (and nearly did), that the door to light would be a doorway to the source of LIGHT that, when opened, would extinguish all darkness from the universe and save everyone from the Heartless forever. And Sora would be the one to open this door.

Instead, the door to light in KH2 is merely a gateway for Sora and Riku to return home to the realm of light from the realm of darkness. Further, it only opens after both Riku and Sora read a letter from Kairi that somehow crossed dimensions into the sea in Darkness.

1. How is any of that significant? Only Riku and Sora benefitted from the door opening. Also, Riku and the Organization were constantly opening doors to the Light and Twilight realms throughout the game. The only difference is that they used darkness to open them instead of light.

2. How was Sora important in opening it? Riku read the letter, too. Kairi wrote the letter. Are they trying to say that an emotional response from Sora after reading it is what opened the door? That the whole "my friends are my power" is what helped them escape a lifetime in the realm of darkness? If so, I ask the first question again. How was that significant in the long run? Riku and Sora's combined efforts had already saved the realm of light from Xehanort anyway. Further, Sora did not make a conscious effort to open the door at all. It was a complete surprise.

Did anyone else feel that this issue was not properly explained? Any theories from KH1 that were thrown asunder after this reveal?
yeah i was rather dissapointed by them making a big deal out of it. in the end the door to light seemed more like the doggy door to light.
1. can you perhaps explain this to me more. i don't understand how you came to your conclusion that it was originally light. sorry if it seemed obvious...
2. probably probably not it seemed to me more like the worlds wanted to see what both Riku and Sora as keyblade wielders had to say. Perhaps the worlds thought maybe they had been corrupted over time. Xemnas was spouting about some nasty stuff to riku and sora.
of course i'm not too sure just guesses for the most part. ^^;;;

TerranOvermind

For those two questions, I was trying to say that I DON'T see how the door to light in KH2 or that Sora opened it was even remotely significant compared to how much it was stressed in KH1. You see, I wasn't answering the questions--I was asking questions.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
I thought that the door to the light was something else...

I mean, after Sora said "So, what was that door to the light anyway?" I assumed it meant that he didn't need to worry about it anymore now that he was home. As if the door still needed to be open. =/

And why does Riku point to Sora's chest? Sora's chest is the door to the light? Or maybe Riku's just an idiot.

Hostil Spike

I thought that the door to the light was something else...

I mean, after Sora said "So, what was that door to the light anyway?" I assumed it meant that he didn't need to worry about it anymore now that he was home. As if the door still needed to be open. =/

And why does Riku point to Sora's chest? Sora's chest is the door to the light? Or maybe Riku's just an idiot.

He points to his chest to imply that the power came from Sora's heart. I don't figure thats the door to light as such.. Just a doorway created through the power of light. As little sense as that makes..

What I mean is, its just the light equivalant to how the organisation move. Or maybe what they're trying to imply is that destiny isles are in fact the realm of light.

I'm sure none of that makes sense.. But i'm tired so its the best your getting out of me.. =P

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
He points to his chest to imply that the power came from Sora's heart. I don't figure thats the door to light as such.. Just a doorway created through the power of light. As little sense as that makes..

What I mean is, its just the light equivalant to how the organisation move. Or maybe what they're trying to imply is that destiny isles are in fact the realm of light.

I'm sure none of that makes sense.. But i'm tired so its the best your getting out of me.. =P

Riku needs a haircut; all that hair in his eyes makes him think Sora's collarbone is his heart. >_>

Red Echidna0

I think the people who wrote the story went a bit off the plot.

A BIT??
An Organisation.
Nobodys.
Twilight Realm.
Roxas/Namine.
Xemnas/Xenahort/Ansem Connection.
A secret ending involving Keyblade wars, chasers and much more...
From Ansem reports to SECRET ansem reports.

I think that's more than a bit. Then again, just an opinion.

TSora

R.O.X.A.S #5
Denmark(some people, coughEngulfedcough, think it'
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm glad for KHII's storyline...They made more Difficult to understand, and something to be thought of...

The Door To Light...After KH, I too thought, that it was a door like The Door To Darkness, wich needed to be opened, but after KHII, I ahd a nother feeling about it...something more sacred...DTD of course, lead to the realm of Darkness, so DTL would have to be a door, wich lead to the realm of Light...But it couldn't be opened, because of the great Darkness wich lured in the realm of Light, so Sora, as the Keyblade Master of Light, had to beat the Darkness wich scared the worlds and then he would be able to open the DTL to get back from the realm of Darkness...I had a very cool feeling inside, when that door apeared before them...:D...

But still...As a KHIII maybe will be made, then I won't say, that we haven't seen the last to the DTL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back