• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dreams General

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
silverdragon1615 said:
Cool I never knew what that was called, I'm trying to get myself to control what I do in the dreams, but it's really hard.

To have a lucid dream, something has to happen that let's you know it's just a dream. This makes it particularly hard because usually a lot of people's dreams are more like watching a movie that you're involved in. For a lot of people, it's something that just happens. I haven't heard of anyone who has found a way to make themselves have a lucid dream.

Hanatori

I will BUUURN MY DREAAAAD
Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
I've always had lucid dreams, if that's what you call it. It's really scary sometimes... It's like I'm trying to pull everything together but I can't because the situation's unfolding by itself, the only thing I can do is move on my own and influence other people in my dreams... which may or may not work. Most of the time I'm alone, or with very few people I can trust. I find myself panicking a lot as well.

Come to think of it, most of my dreams are life-and-death situations... I think it's because of my fear of dying.

You've probably had dreams where you feel like you're falling or you're reacting to something physically and then you wake up with a sudden jerk of the limbs or something to that extent... This is fairly common, right? It scares the heck out of me when I wake up. >_<

And then there are dreams where you feel like you woke up... or rather, the transition between dreams was too smooth that you don't notice until you woke up "again." I've had those too. It's rather odd.

Oh, and how many of you have had experiences where people told you you talked or did something in your sleep, or vice versa. Did it coincide with your dreams? Or was it something completely different?

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
For me my dreams will have something to do with what I learned but will be different, like one was it was world war 2, I was just learning about the holocost, but there was a fear of a tsunami and chuck norris had made an army to stop it, in the end I survived by going to the top of a hill and then I woke up.

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
KH Vandread said:
Chuck Norris is so washed up, no pun intended. Wait, DID Chuck Norris stop the tsunami?

Know i was actually one of his soldiers but I ran away to the top of a hill and the whol island was washed up exept for that hill, it was really weird because the hill swayed back and forth.

Obliviongirl13

Guerriero Crepuscolare
Website
www.Anerael.deviantart.com
Most dreams can be interpreted. I interpret my dreams as well as the dreams that my friends have. I find that your dremas depict something that is either currently going on or will soon happen. Its not a premonition, its just basically saying if you have a dream about dieing, Sometimes people have that cream, its quite common. The dream is not about physically dieing. But a stage in your life that your finally getting over or a period of time where you've just accomplished something and your moving on. Its a good sign. Even though in our awakened states death is death.

Most dreams are violent or cute, or make no sense at all. This is also depending upon your day. Though when you go to sleep you dream about 6 -7 times a night with each dream lasting about 15 minutes or more. Some people don't remember their dreams and most people would say that "only the artistic people remember their dreams." I know this not to be true because I've known some very inartistic people to remember their dreams.

There are four stages into sleep. I know that I will have to do more research for you and I'll get back to you on that.

REM - Rapid Eye movement:
Main Entry: REM sleep
Function: noun
: a state of sleep that recurs cyclically several times during a normal period of sleep and that is characterized by increased neuronal activity of the forebrain and midbrain, by depressed muscle tone, and especially in humans by dreaming, rapid eye movements, and vascular congestion of the sex organs -- called also paradoxical sleep, rapid eye movement sleep

Thats a general definition of REM From Merriam-Webster.

But like always we resort to Wiki! This page is actually a really short but very informational read on REM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_eye_movement

----

My dreams are dark, and they normally involve me killing something or something killing me. Rarely do I have a dream that makes sense, but I normally am able to interpret them pretty well.

Haruko

I had the oddest dream last night and I thought I should share it even though its stupid. I was with a couple friends in a parking lot of an anime convention (at this point of the dream I didn't realize it). My friends were all dressed up as characters I told them I didn't want to dress up, or have a part in it. They started to walk and my friend pulled me foward. We reached a massive line to go into the convention, the line was full of cosplayers. At that moment I noticed I was wearing different clothes, it was a strange pink dress. They were taking me inside I told them, I needed to stop at the restroom they all came came with me. I looked in the mirror and saw I was wearing Aeris's outfit, I don't exactly think she is the greatest character, and not a favorite of mine. Then one of my friends said "You fit the part really well, and your hair adds to it even more" I looked in the mirror again frantically to see my hair was exactly the same as Aeris.

BTW I have never ever cosplayed. So it was weird for me to have a dream about cosplaying. I actually found that dream to be funny.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I had a pretty cool dream awhile back after Fullmetal Alchemist ended. I was at the public library in town and it was really dark outside except for the streetlights. I go look out toward the front, which is basically a big window and door also made of glass. Anyway, I look down the road sraight ahead and there's this huge explosion at the gas station up ahead. Shocked, I look at the huge fire and see Lust and Frank Archer, in cyborg form, walking straight for the library. I panic and run to the back of the building and lock myself in the bathroom. That doesn't last too long as the door gets ripped off of the hinges by Pride and he grabs me by the neck with an intent to crush it like he did his son. I think I mentioned something about his son that made him soften up and throw me with the other hostages in the library. They're all tied up and I'm not and they tell me to run for it. I hit the ground running and bolt for the front door and head around for the alleyway behind the library, which makes no sense, because there is a back door right where Pride left me allowing him to cut me off. Anyway, I'm running with no idea of where to go and unable to see in the dark. All of a sudden, I slam into someone who grabs me. I start freaking out, kicking and screaming at who I figure to be Pride. Wrong. It was Roy Mustang! He assures me that everything will be alright and that he'll take care of things from here. Sadly, that's where my dream ended and I woke up in a cold sweat. Coolest. Dream. Ever.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I know; I was so glad that Roy came to the rescue, since he's already killed Pride once before. That was probably my favorite moment of that episode. I can only assume that the others were off taking care of the Hommonculi in my dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back