• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ensemble (Musical/Dance film)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was torn whether to put this here or creative writing because in a way it fits both. But this place seems more active (never get replies over there) so I went here. I've got an idea for a screenplay I'm writing and wanted to see what KHI thought. Let me go ahead and say, if you don't like musicals don't reply to this. This idea is being presented to those who do!

I wanted to write a movie that had an ensemble cast (bunch of characters with none of them being a 'main character' persay, like hairspray and valentine's day) because I've always loved those types of films. Also, I'm big in the music entertainment field, so I wanted to do something that had music. So I realized Ensemble was a perfect fitting name.

So the plot I'm thinking of is my own story. It's based in a small town high school where most everyone knows everybody and sports are what the adults enjoy most. But in this new arising generation, music has made a foothold among some of the kids. Musical Theater, Show Choir, and dance groups are coming out of their age of torment from the sports fans. The idea of non-conformity (like how being un-cool is becoming cool) which is gaining major popularity among teenagers will play a big part.

The story will follow the lives of several characters throughout their school year. *Random placeholder names are used below.

Kyle- the kid that is an all-around nice guy who wants everybody to do their best. Not well-received among the 'upper class'. But is he really who he claims to be?

Jordan and Ciara- the guy and girl duo hellbent on running the Show Choir and Theater department. Oddly, this comes about through choreography and behind-the-scenes power instead of solos and lead roles like popular belief.

Cody-a deaf dancer who was once in Musical Theater, but dropped it due to a conflict with Kyle. Now he is building his own dance crew to show up the Show Choir at Junior Revue in the Spring.

Billy Joe- the redneck who tries extremly hard but never gets the glory that others do and has trouble with his accent when acting. One of Kyle's best friends.

Josh- Kyle's go-to guy that has the same personality as Kyle, but is popular among the others. He lives with his aunt that is the Director of the Show Choir at the college.

Mrs. Alicia- the director of the high school show choir. Often conflicts with Josh's aunt. Constantly under pressure due to drama among her students. Young and has much to learn.

Alex- a girl who always plays the villains, but is truly a kind, humble person.

Courtney, Erin, and April- the comic reliefs and Ciara's lackeys.

Faith- Cody's sister who is in the show choir, but cheerleading and etc. often conflicts with her schedule for show choir.

The story will follow all these characters (and more when i think of them) throughout their school year (most are juniors) up until Junior Revue where the Show Choir and Dance Crew must vie for the approval of the student body to decide which team will be able to be a class the next year. It will feature original songs, as well as mainstream songs in their original form for dance-only numbers.

What do yall think? Any ideas for more diverse characters? Post them! Who might be good to play these parts if it was to be made into a mainstream movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back