• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Evangelion the Movie-- Go with Christ, bra'!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanguard XIII

Sharing a dorm with Mama Luigi and Robotnik
For those of you who don't know, Neon Genesis Evangelion is going to be made into a live-action movie. Special effects will be covered by the guys who worked on Lord of the Rings, but Peter Jackson most likely will NOT direct. It's also mentioned Robin Williams has expressed interest in the project, though it's not certain he will actually take part in it (he's a big Evangelion fan as mentioned on Wikipedia [though I don't exactly see Wikipedia as a worthy source ever since Stephen Colbert had a little "incident" with his viewers about "doable alteration" of the website]) :glare:
ANYWAY...
I've heard lot's about Daniel Radcliff playing the lead male role, Shinji, but it's said to be highly doubtful. And if they actually cast Lindsay Lohan as Asuka Langlysoriu (or however the f#@% you spell her last name), I will strangle her!!! (Not for real; I'm not capable of murder of celebrities, or in her case, would-be celebrities)
So far, all there is to see is concept art and fan trailers (with footage from other movies).
Here's hoping that the legendary anime will get a legendary adaption and make it out of development hell!!

-Go with Christ,
Vangaurd XIII

(P.S.: They tried a bit too hard to make Asuka and Rei seem erotic in their plugsuits...:drool: <- NOT!!)

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Well, you may be correct on the whole "designing" bit , Daniel Radcliffe and Linsday Lohan? I think not.

For a time, reports floated about claiming that Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe would play Shinji Ikari, and American pop star Lindsay Lohan would portray Asuka Langley. These rumors were proven false. It's since been noted that virtually all casting rumours floating around on the internet are completely unofficial as well as unlikely, many having been based on the "Dream Casts" of enthusiastic fans or nonsensical speculative magazine articles (such as Anime Insider Magazine's infamous list of suggestions).
Does that suffice, bleeding philistine?
I would have reccomended the IMDB profile and the Wiki arcticle instead of that Weta link. It's vauge and lacks substance.

But still- be reminded that if you are announcing something, you have to cite your sources. Many Kingdom Hearts/(insert crappy anime here) movies have been 'announced' and lol'ed at because of that elementary rule.

Vanguard XIII

Sharing a dorm with Mama Luigi and Robotnik
Well, you may be correct on the whole "designing" bit , Daniel Radcliffe and Linsday Lohan? I think not.

I would have reccomended the IMDB profile and the Wiki arcticle instead of that Weta link. It's vauge and lacks substance.

But still- be reminded that if you are announcing something, you have to cite your sources. Many Kingdom Hearts/(insert crappy anime here) movies have been 'announced' and lol'ed at because of that elementary rule.

I didn't say the evidence on the casting of the movie was true, or accountable as solid info (just rumors), but this is just as anticipated as the Halo movie. Dropping the whole thing would upset many worldwide.

Anyway, nice to see that you "care"...

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
I didn't say the evidence on the casting of the movie was true, or accountable as solid info (just rumors), but this is just as anticipated as the Halo movie. Dropping the whole thing would upset many worldwide.

Anyway, nice to see that you "care"...
I do have a hungry mind.

I'll lol when they announce who's playing Gendo- if this project actually goes underway.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Ugh, I want this movie to get the green light, I really do, but with Gainax producing another four Eva movies as we speak, it all would seem really redundant. Like, beating a dead horse that died from being beaten.

As long as the movie covers some new material, I'd be fine with it. Otherwise...:\

Oh, and the Angel concept work kicks some serious ass. Weta was always one of my favorite animation studios, this only helps remind me why.

~Dorian Gray

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Ugh, I want this movie to get the green light, I really do, but with Gainax producing another four Eva movies as we speak, it all would seem really redundant. Like, beating a dead horse that died from being beaten.

As long as the movie covers some new material, I'd be fine with it. Otherwise...:\

Oh, and the Angel concept work kicks some serious ass. Weta was always one of my favorite animation studios, this only helps remind me why.

~Dorian Gray

Live-action productions of anime suck very hard. Be careful what you wish for.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Live-action productions of anime suck very hard. Be careful what you wish for.

Death Note was mediocre :\

And I really don't give a damn about how the story's relayed or how the characters are portrayed, seeing as how it's been done before. As I said, unless it's new material, I'm hoping for this to get okayed ONLY for Weta's insane CGI work.

You gotta admit, it would be cool.

~Dorian Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back