• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Explain Your Religion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
I know I can. Here is a little known fact, the Bible was compiled by the council of Nicea there fore all you believe about Jesus Christ was molded to the liking of the Roman Empire. If the Bible is the word of god wouldn't Jesus have brought it himself? it was brought what, 300 years after Jesus?

You, my dear sir, are just ignorant. Any research would teach you that the bible is inspired. Written over the course of many many years.

And no. Just because it is the word of God doesn't mean Jesus would bring it. Thats just the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Try again.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
As I said earlier, religion involving higher beings is practically impossible to prove or disprove. Logic and faith simply do not mix and will constantly be at odds with one another.

I have to agree w/ this.

As to why I am a Christian, then I suppose the biggest factor is that I was born into a Christian home, and my parents brought me up with that belief.
Now, I have been exposed to many religions, and know a decent amount on variety of religions, but they don't really appeal to me. My religion is my own choice, and I don't let my parents pressure me into it.
As to why I let faith override my logic, I guess it is b/c I really believe that there is some higher power out there who created the human race and who actually cares about it, that our actions on earth have to have some sort of consequence, and that there is more to death than a lovely coffin six feet under. Basically, I want there to be more to life than just a Big Bang. I'm pretty much aware that it is a huge leap of faith to believe that there really is a deity in the sky who actually exists and gives a crap about the human race, but Christianity is all about faith....

Since Christianity is the most popular belief, can you guys tell me what it is that you do not feel is correct or right about it's teachings?
Hmmm...there are a few things that get to me...I question everything, religion included. So I always wonder things like, "Why is God described as a jealous god when Jealousy is a sin?" Stuff like that.
Here is a little known fact, the Bible was compiled by the council of Nicea there fore all you believe about Jesus Christ was molded to the liking of the Roman Empire. If the Bible is the word of god wouldn't Jesus have brought it himself?

Any research would teach you that the bible is inspired. Written over the course of many many years.

While the word of God is written by divine inspiration, the parts of it that compose the Bible we know today were chosen by a Council formed in Nicea that determined which parts would be canon. So stuff is cut out. The writings on Jesus' childhood, for example. So while the overall message isn't changed, it was conformed in a way that would make the Romans and Byzantines happy. For example, they neglect the parts in the New Testament that would make child Jesus seem more human than divine.
I think that things like that should be included in the Bible. Stuff was cut out of the Old Testament too, stuff that might help to reinforce and explain beliefs in Christianity. (Something else that worries me is that things may have gotten lost in translation. I mean, it goes from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to Greek again to German to Vernacular European languages. Maybe the original meanings of things were skewed b/c of it.)

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
I'm an agnostic deist. I'm not sure if there is a god, and if she/he/it does exist, than I think he has better things to do than mess with my life personally.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
i'm not really part of any religion, similar to the poster above i count as agnostic; i believe there is something yet i am not sure what (i believe in an afterlife and all that)

besides to those saying Buddhism, Buddhism is not a religion as such

Sephiros_TH

You, my dear sir, are just ignorant. Any research would teach you that the bible is inspired. Written over the course of many many years.

And no. Just because it is the word of God doesn't mean Jesus would bring it. Thats just the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Try again.

You call me ignorant? Well understand this, almost all of the so called miracles of the bible have been proven to be incorrect or dramatizations of real natural events, such as the pillar of fire that lead Noa from Egypt. This would inherently disprove any beliefs that all in the Bible is literal. Also if one analyzes many of the texts within the Bible one sees more of a social commentary and code system of relaying events and messages between Jews. The Bible is not the word of god, if you want a more in depth explanation I'd be glad to share it as I am pretty sure I know a lot about Biblical sciences and the actual age when the event in the Bible took place, so again want more proof PM me.

The Watchman

To Rising Falls: God says He is a jealous god because people worship things besides God, aka idols.

Lev 26:1
"'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.
NIV

You call me ignorant? Well understand this, almost all of the so called miracles of the bible have been proven to be incorrect or dramatizations of real natural events, such as the pillar of fire that lead Noa from Egypt. This would inherently disprove any beliefs that all in the Bible is literal.

So I am guessing that you do not believe that in the story of Sodom and Gommora, when Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt, is true. How can you prove that is wrong?

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
So I am guessing that you do not believe that in the story of Sodom and Gommora, when Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt, is true. How can you prove that is wrong?

Yes, because people don't just turn into a f*cking pillar of salt nowadays. There is more logic against something like than than there is for it. The only thing backing it up is belief, which doesn't mean much.

The Watchman

Yes, because people don't just turn into a f*cking pillar of salt nowadays. There is more logic against something like than than there is for it. The only thing backing it up is belief, which doesn't mean much.

Then if that is the case, then prove the big bang theory is true. There is no way, even with the scientific tools we have now, that you can prove that the big bang theory is true. While you are at it, explain how Jesus died on the cross, then rose again after being dead for three days. People just don't raise from the dead now adays either.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
Then if that is the case, then prove the big bang theory is true. There is no way, even with the scientific tools we have now, that you can prove that the big bang theory is true. While you are at it, explain how Jesus died on the cross, then rose again after being dead for three days. People just don't raise from the dead now adays either.

But then didn't u just prove his point? theres nothing to PROOVE the bible is right; only things that prove it wrong that its unbelievable etc

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

And this would be the part where you prove with legitimate, factual evidence that Jesus indeed died and ressurected.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
I didn't realize that the purpose of this thread was to impress you.

Well it is so...

Laws of Physics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, because people don't just turn into a f*cking pillar of salt nowadays. There is more logic against something like than than there is for it. The only thing backing it up is belief, which doesn't mean much
Throwing crap like this out there is quite arrogant. You assume mankind knows EVERYTHING about the univerese and about how things work? Mankind is finding out new things quite often and will NEVER completely understand things.

God on the other hand created these things. Therefore when he does super awesome magic tricks, its not too hard to believe because it is HE that is doing it. I wouldn't even call it supernatural. Its natural and easy to him.

Just because you people have a hard time believing that those things occured doesn't prove it false. Just because it goes against human logic doesn't mean its false either. I'd expect you to know that.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
On the same token, just because we don't understand how something happened doesn't mean God was involved. It could easily just mean we don't know how to explain it at this point in time.

Sephiros_TH

Well time to end the argument I started. None of our beliefs will ever be truly proven because everything you perceive in this world must go through something to get to your brain. Nothing in this world will ever truly be experienced by anyone because everything is a manifesto of what the brain creates. therefore you might not really exist on earth, have free will, etc. So in the end we are all wrong and we are all right. However it would seem more plausible if we truly are experiencing this world for real that all the things proven by tangible evidence would clearly out weigh those proven by figurative and mythological. What I'm saying is no one will ever know who is right but if we all agree what is going on is really going on then things proven by things that are really happening before us and can be experienced by all due to their existence being physical then they must be true. So there in theories such as the big bang and evolution hold more weight then the Bible because they apply to tangible evidence as oppose to those we must have faith to believe.

actually i don't think that helped o_0

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
The problem is that we can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt any of this.
The reason the big bang theory is a Theory is b/c it can't be tested to prove that it is an undisputed law and like gravity.
The reason you can't prove God or some other deity exists is b/c by a deities very definition, it is intangible, invisible to humans, undetected by senses. A religion demands faith, which by its definition requires you to believe in something, no matter what, w/o logical proof that the human mind can fathom (somewhat) Religions defy human logic.
If I ask someone to prove to me that the universe was indeed created by the Big Bang, they have just as much right to ask me to prove that God created the universe. I have no proof, other than the Bible. Of course, I believe it, but to someone who doesn't then that is a silly source for proof. I'm using my religion to back up the foundation for my religion. That's all the proof I have, and though it's all teh proof I need, it doesn't hold a lot of weight in a world of rational analysis, where the supernatural is scorned.
And since the Big Bang can't be proven absolutely, I don't see any reason to believe it. You can say that science explains it perfectly, but if tangibility is the basis for the argument, then I'm gonna ask for you to perform the experiment and recreate the results. (lol)
It's a vicious cycle.

Last edited:

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Throwing crap like this out there is quite arrogant. You assume mankind knows EVERYTHING about the univerese and about how things work? Mankind is finding out new things quite often and will NEVER completely understand things.

God on the other hand created these things. Therefore when he does super awesome magic tricks, its not too hard to believe because it is HE that is doing it. I wouldn't even call it supernatural. Its natural and easy to him.

Funny you say that when God is supposedly beyond our understanding as well.

Just because you people have a hard time believing that those things occured doesn't prove it false. Just because it goes against human logic doesn't mean its false either. I'd expect you to know that.

And at the same time, believing in something doesn't make it true.

As much as it pains me to say it, Solipsism is the closest thing I have to a religion.

Solipsism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's pretty much something I can agree with seeing as how it is pretty true. Reality is what man makes of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back