• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Farfetched KH2 theory, I want your opinion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
Well, I’m really sorry to disappoint you, Rayne. But I don’t think I wasted too much time of my life by making up this theory. It took about 3 hours to think about it and write it down. I couldn’t leave the house because of a thunderstorm outside, what was the main reason for thinking about KH anyways for it reminded me at the DeepDive trailer ;). But when it stopped raining about 11:30 pm I finished the theory, walked over to my friends house, drank some beer, walked to the next club downtown, danced and had some more beer until about 4 am, only to come home and play some Final Fantasy 3 , which is the usual time I’m playing videogames for I have to study at daytime. But you’re right, at the moment I’d really like to occupy myself much more with KH, but unfortunately I don’t even have a PS2 and I don’t know much about CoM, except the intro sequence.

I’m really thankful for your replies and considered some of your input. So here are my next thoughts:

What could be the interest of the Organisation? If they really got to know about only being fiction it is pretty much comprehensible that they are afraid of their whole existence. I’m not sure if this fantasy world Sora’s in at the moment is only in Sora’s mind or if it’s something like the collected fantasy worlds of mankind. Let’s consider the first case. If all this really is only happening in Sora’s mind then the Organisation might try to keep Sora from waking up for then they will vanish. But why are there some people helping Sora? Well, if Sora won’t wake up, he might die in the real world and thus the fantasy world would vanish as well. I guess in this case the fantasy people are doomed to die anyway and this is definitely not the message either SquareEnix nor Disney would present us for this is really depressing. If on the other hand Sora is in the collected fantasy world of mankind this fantasy world would exist without Sora, thus Ansem and King Mickey could exist without Sora knowing about them, for they are somebody else’s fantasy. This fantasy world still would vanish if people forget about it, for every world that people forget this world will be taken over by the Heartless. This would also explain why some people even want Sora to remember, for when he doesn’t wake up the people in the true world won’t realize that they are in the process of losing something very important. Those people want Sora to wake up, become the BHK and fight against the forgetting in the real world. I don’t think that Sora will wake up at the end of KH2, I think he will wake up in the middle of it. Just remember KH1, the first part of the game was this Disney inspired jetting around a huge theme park, while the second half was pretty much Square inspired. I suppose Sora will do some more theme park visiting in the beginning of KH2 until he realizes what’s really going on. Then he becomes the BHK and will join the Organisation, thus he’s wearing the black cloak in the ASAS trailer and fights the Heartless in the real world, metaphoric meaning he’s fighting the forgetting. Once he remembered himself he might be able to change between the worlds by simply wishing to be at the other place. Furthermore in this case Sora’s waking up wouldn’t be depressing at all for the message of the game would be that we should never forget about our childhood dreams, never forget the world of fantasy, actually never grow up in our minds (Hey, that’s just what Peter Pan wants and actually that was the whole message of the Peter Pan story). SquareEnix and Disney would wish that people keep some of the magic of fantasy because it brightens our lives where we most probably never meet any mermaids or dragons or Guardian Force etc. They want us to be creative and think about the world and the people around us, what it means to have friends and so on and on and on. I think you get what I mean. I think the reason why there are so many adults reading Harry Potter, I observed this at my former girlfriend, she would die for Harry Potter and when I asked her why she loved it so much, she said it reminded her at her childhood, and here we go, we got our message again. Some of you said that if the story turned out this way little kids won’t understand, well let me tell you, never underestimate children they are much smarter than you might think because they live in a smaller world and there’s not so much around them they have their mind on, furthermore children really are creative and able to visualize things adult might never see the way they do. Have you ever played “Memory” against a small child? Unless you are really good you will definitely loose. And who would cares if they don’t completely understand the story, it is easy to bring over the message in the end of the game by just showing or saying it in “simple and clean” words ;), and the freaky story will be something to think about for the more mature players who are the most in the immediate danger of forgetting, like 24 year old people.

But who would be the villain and what about those world of darkness and light. I have no idea, I just want to make clear, that I do not think that Sora is the light side of BHK, there is darkness inside of Sora (he’s jealous on Riku in the beginning), it is only very small. But I have thought about the interest of the villain. I’ve stated before that everything we know is memory, mere thoughts. A fictional figure is a mere thought as well, thus it exists as much as your best friend does in your mind. So what is the perfect existence. A perfect without a body? Ansem has thought about this so has the creator of the manga “Ghost in the Shell”. Could a spirit exist without a body? It would definitely have more liberties and would not be limited by restrictions as having to eat, drink, feeling cold and so on. Well it would depend on electricity, but that’s not so much a restriction as our biological body. Furthermore a spirit without a body could exist everywhere and nowhere at once, because of the internet and thus this existence would not be far away from being god. Here we have a nice motive for a villain don’t you think. And the only one who could stop him would be a real person that knows of his plans and tell the world. I’d really like that storyline. But I have to quit now, for I’m expecting my friends to arrive for my birthday party any minute.

dnadragon

Awesome zeal, your second post was explained just as good the first one. And I do agree with you. Ever thought of making your own game with this storyline? lol j/k And, also, you are right, kids are smarter than they seem. lol

Oh, and Happy Birthday

monkeylover

holy macaroni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the only words I could say after reading this theory. but one sora, one destiny :confused: anyone with that motto has to be a bit obbsessive. but then again aren't we all?

chasingdusk

Happy Birthday! :D

You first post made absolute sense! My eyes widened to the size of dinner plates when I read it. Now, I'm really starting to believe this theory might be true. And I've always had a feeling about that small cut-scene where you see Sora lying in his bed looking out the window, and it makes you wonder, where the hell is he? Is he at his house? But..where's his house? And then there's that black portal in the sky and then he lands on the pier, looks at the boats, and says, "Kairi's boat!....And Riku's!!" or something like that. Does that mean that in this ideal world of his, Kairi and Riku arrive to the island by their small boats? And his house is on a different island?

I'm sorry, that probably made no sense. It sounded better in my head :rolleyes: .

Oh, and I love the idea of Sora becoming the BHK and realizing he must fight the forgetting in the real world. It gives the ASAS and Deep Dive trailer a whole new meaning for me.

Both of your posts were wonderful and I wish I could comment more on them but my thoughts would probably end up like the top most paragraph.....making no complete sense...lol. I look forward to your future posts!

Waterkeeper

Hmm. Part of me wants to congratulate you. You wrote out a VERY well-done theory, adding in ideas from other forms of media and integrating it seamlessly into a Kingdom Hearts philosophy.

At the same time, I want to bloody slap you.

Your idea is wonderful, but it would be so disappointing if Sora were to "wake up" after KH2, as if his entire adventure was just a dream. It's interesting, but I don't think that Kingdom Hearts is (solely) about childhood and imagination. It goes beyond that. There are many things in your theory that made little sense. For instance, you said that Sora "fell" from the sky onto the Destiny Islands. That was during his dream in the game. He was floating, then he arrived on the beach. He saw Riku, who held out his hand to him as a wave consumed the two. Suddenly, it was dusk, and Sora and Kairi were talking. Then, they saw another Sora falling from the sky, and the real (?) Sora falls, too -- onto the Snow White pillar. Then he goes through the Awakening and then WAKES UP on one of the Destiny Islands. That entire thing was already a dream. Further, the name of the world is the Destiny Islands, meaning that there's more than one. Sora was in his bedroom on the island which he lives on. The island that you actually play on in KH is some sort of playground. It's not some dream land where the kids go to, a la the Land of the Elves or Dwarves or whatever thing that Tolkien wrote. I can see how you made the connections, and trust me, they were benevolent and awesome connections.

But I don't see it happening in Kingdom Hearts. Why can't it just be reality for these characters? Why can't Sora *really* go on this adventure to other worlds and the like? The symbolism you threw in was an interesting thing to think about, but KH is, hopefully, not a game that takes place in one's imagination. It adds depth to the characterization and to the game in general if everything were happening for real. I would hate it if, in the end, Sora wakes up from a long dream and eats breakfast and goes to school.

I can imagine the "full title" for KH2 now. "Kingdom Hearts II: Sora Wakes Up and Eats Some Cheese."

In all seriousness, it was an intriguing theory, but as you said, it was far-fetched. I don't see it happening for the real KH storyline.

sora_123

i completely agree with you. strongly, on the 'sora's heart has darkness of his own,without him having a dark side'. i again, agree with your theory, all the way. And happy birthday!

sorixed

Dattebayo!
only one thing wrong there are two islands one where they play and one where sora lives on so that island isn't imagination neither his freinds i would agree if you said sora was dreaming to all the worlds he went to and dreamed but this is an awesome theory claps hands though that ending would suck to realize all of it was a dream and imagination of the worlds it would be like the ending of jak3 because i was upset about the ending after that i felt not to like the game and felt sad and angry.the reason sora was falling probably because in the game he was falling into darkness. also i never heard of a dream that can be long and what would there be a purpose of playing the game if it's all a dream realize disney always has imagination and stuff that can't happen in real life just like square enix because we've been waiting too long for a kh game to come out and just be a dream but that could be a reason to end it at kh2 but i doubt it to be a whole dream.

kizzyke

sorixed said:
only one thing wrong there are two islands one where they play and one where sora lives on so that island isn't imagination neither his freinds i would agree if you said sora was dreaming to all the worlds he went to and dreamed but this is an awesome theory claps hands though that ending would suck to realize all of it was a dream and imagination of the worlds it would be like the ending of jak3 because i was upset about the ending after that i felt not to like the game and felt sad and angry.the reason sora was falling probably because in the game he was falling into darkness. also i never heard of a dream that can be long and what would there be a purpose of playing the game if it's all a dream realize disney always has imagination and stuff that can't happen in real life just like square enix because we've been waiting too long for a kh game to come out and just be a dream but that could be a reason to end it at kh2 but i doubt it to be a whole dream.

i thought about this too...
What about the thing that sora may never has gone through everything?
That it was just a dream...
but i don't think they would do this...
I also figured out...(like you said too)
that there are 2 different islands...One island where they live on (sora and his friends) and one island where they play...
I always thought that sora lived in Twilight Town but i think i have to let go that theory cause it'll probably never happen...

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
Thank for all of you guys going through the trouble of reading my theory and giving me some feedback. Now I want to discuss the points of my theory that do not make sense. You are the ones you have to approve of the theory because I haven’t gone through all the discussion regarding KH news.

The first question I was asked is if I think BHK and Sora will meet? In my theory Sora is the BHK. As everyone of you has experienced there exist different personalities of yourself. For example you are have different personalities when you are with your friends or you are in school or when you are in the internet or all by yourself and so on. I don’t suggest that we’re all suffering from schizophrenia, because this behaviour is completely natural and controlled. This explanation is supposed to explain, why “the you and your other you” cannot exist in the same place, for you are only one of your personalities at the same time. Sora is BHK’s consciousness, his mind, however you want to call it and BHK is either dreaming or his real body is without his consciousness during the events of KH1 and CoM. Their meeting will be the returning of the consciousness to the body, awakening, realizing the truth. But then on the other hand Sora is not the BHK because they are different personalities of the same individual. That’s at least how Ansem’s words would make sense for me. Furthermore Sora as being only the consciousness might not be able to survive without the real body, that’s why he has to find something he lost and lose his whole existence the way it is at the moment.

The second question was about the different parts of Sora (dark, light). I think I have already covered this subject in my last post where I stated, that I think that Sora is neither light nor dark but both of it.

The most troubling aspect of my theory is that you would be disappointed if Sora woke up at the end of the game. I have to repeat what I said in my second post. I do not think Sora will wake up at the end, he will wake up in the middle of the game, thus starting the part where you are actually gaining control of the BHK. I have also already stated why I don’t think this ending to be disappoint but encouraging. Sora won’t get up and eat some cheese, he will get up and beat up Heartless and NEOs in the real world, that’s what’s happening in the ASAS and DD trailer. It is not just a simple dream that you forget after you wake up. The events in the dream really happened (in the dream world!) but have an impact on the real life of the person who dreamed them. Sora will fight the forgetting. Again watch ASAS and DD and you are able to see the pretty cool kind of action that is going to take place after Sora wakes up.

Someone else was trying to explain the intro sequence to me. When Sora’s falling, floating or dreaming in the initial video. Well, I don’t think I completely understood what was going on in this clip, it is too confusing, unclear and chaotic to really only allow one explanation. I still think it could be possible that he’s dreaming after all Sora says the following while falling: “I’ve been having these weird thoughts lately like is any of this for real or not?”

Se7en said I’m putting to much thought in this, well, he’s probably right, but I’d like the story to be this way for I love that, which is not obvious;)

Twilight pointed out the interesting point, how the fantasy and the real world could cross paths. I have no idea, but the whole thing is a fantasy story in itself so they might use some kind of metaphorical device (perhaps the train) to travel between the worlds. Hm, that thought is kind of disturbing though.

The_third_key says BHK doesn’t live in the real world because he’s not being mentioned in KH. I don’t understand this argument for in KH1 the real world is never mentioned at all only hinted.

Finally Waterkeeper mentioned the fact that there are more that one island on Destiny Islands and explained the situation to me. This really seemed to destroy the complete theory so I was forced to think about this. At first I wondered where you got the information from, that there is more than one island. I only remembered weakly that they said that Kairi came from an island across the ocean to the island and they built the raft to find Kairi’s home. But then I came across the JumpFesta05 trailer, where we see the older Kairi at her real home village standing on the beach, watching to an island resembling the island in KH1 with a sad face. I these really are all the hints for the Destiny Island from KH1 being the real thing, let me explain how this fits into my theory. At first the distance between the beach Kairi stand on and the island is pretty short, I would guess about a mile at most. You could easily swim between those two islands and would not need a raft. Actually I think if there are tides at the sea, the offshore island is so close that you might walk there, when the sea pulls back. But the most obvious fact is, that you can see the other island. If I’m not mistaken you can even make out the beach the adventure starts in KH1 facing the beach Kairi stands on. Correct me, but I don’t recall being able to spot another island in KH1 watching the sea from that beach, actually the fact, that the island is isolated is stressed out. But the islands look exact alike, how is this possible. Well, it is not forbidden, that places that exist in reality also exist in the fantasy world, they even look the same, because they are our memory of a place we know. If I remember my child bedroom it exists in my fantasy but looks exactly the same as it did when I was younger. The reason why Destiny Island is isolated is because the children don’t want any adults to be around, what is pretty comprehensible. The older Kairi is having a sad face. There might be several reasons for this, but I suppose she is having some childhood memories from that place, that are very dear to her. Something important might have happened there in the past. BHK remembers this as well, he even wishes for returning to that place once upon a time so much that he forgets reality. Or perhaps I’m completely wrong and everything is happening in Kairi’s mind as someone else pointed out.

Well, why can’t the world of KH1 not be the reality for the characters? It could, but then on the other hand I have absolutely no idea what ASAS, DD the broken phrases from the trailers, BHK, all the talk about existence, heart, soul, body, memory and so on is all about. It justs fits so well together that I cannot simply accept the fact that there is nothing more to it, it wouldn’t be SquareEnix-esque as well. Also I think that my theory gives the characters much more depth than the simple game. Sora is not a deep character at all, he’s pretty flat. He’s not even a hero in the ancient Greek sense of tragedy, for a hero is a person between two possibilities, which are both on the one hand positive on the other hand negative. And the tragedy is all about choosing one of the different alternatives and bearing the consequences. In that case Riku is the actual hero, because he still struggles with himself about which side to join and what his goals are, while Sora is simply the innocent kid who does anything to save his beloved. Sora’s character only achieved a certain amount of depth when he chose to sacrifice himself for Kairi and became a Heartless (I loved this part of the game because here clearly the Disney influence ended and SquareEnix took over). This scene also proves that Sora is not the light side of BHK because Sora has a dark side. If on the other hand Sora is only the innocent character of the BHK which has to decide if he wakes up and loses something dear to find something he needs or if he stays in his paradise, this would really be a conflict that would add depth to the characters.

I hope I could answer some open questions and look forward to the following discussion.

sorixed

Dattebayo!
kizzyke said:
i thought about this too...
What about the thing that sora may never has gone through everything?
That it was just a dream...
but i don't think they would do this...
I also figured out...(like you said too)
that there are 2 different islands...One island where they live on (sora and his friends) and one island where they play...
I always thought that sora lived in Twilight Town but i think i have to let go that theory cause it'll probably never happen...
When they said maybe there adventure meant nothing at all meant it came from com and when they said you will lose something dear because sora lost his memory and there adventure probably didn't mean anything because when you play com throughout the game sora was loosing his memory step, by step, while thinking he had to recsue namine and beat some org members but at the ending he had to lose the memory of castle oblivion to remember his old memories. Sora can't be living in tt so that theory was wrong.

Niemand

Amazing that someone had this Idea as well! I thought about this since a long time, because this stupid book hit my head one day and I read it again wich was after I played KH...

If you read the book, the Story was about that both realms are existing, both needing the other to exist. The Auryn, the "Key" to the Source of the Water of life that could heal both worlds...it was symbolized by a black and white snake, each holding the others tail, so that they cannot move and bring destruction to everything, symbolizing the Light and Darkness.
Xayide, who said "for I can control what is hollow, and soon this boy will be as well...".

Damn, someone noticed that there is much similarity between the Neverending Stroy and Kingdom Hearts.

EDIT: Sora and BHK, one of them the true being, one the Hero of the fantastical World...like Bastian and Atreyu, both are real, not the same but intertwined their fates are. BHK may not believes that that World exists, but slowly acepts it and goes to it himself...

Last edited:

Chosenoneknuckles

AMAZING!!! I read it all, and it's fab! As a fellow philospher and artist, it was perfectly easy to understand and it does make sense when it comes to Kingdom Hearts. I wouldn't be disappointed with it as a climax to the game.

I myself have written theories on the various subjects that Kingdom Hearts brings up, but not to the depth and sheer weight of yours. I highly commend you and look forward to reading more from you, one way or the other. ^^

hooded_twilight0

I could have a real long answer but I'll just say that that is a very well explained theory and has a lot of proof about it, but I don't beleive it.Maybe I really just don't want to believe such a complicated idea, but I think that it leaves too much unexplained and evidence just seems to point in a different direction. Plus, from what I can summise those are just things that have happened in other movies and S-E games so if they did it then that'd just be redundant. Still lovely theory I bow to you oh masterful intellect.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
I'm not really good with explaining things & pointing things out......or making theories but I'll give u a compliment Zeal( if no1 minds>_>)

I absolutely LOVE everything u typed!!!!! At first, when I glanced at it, I was like amazed that some1 wrote so much for a theory, but what the heck!!!! I read ALL of it & I loved how u explained the most simpliest matters of all. I never really thought about this before either.....well....alittle.....^_^

Yeah, I was thinking that this was all a dream of Sora but some say it's Kairi's dream really.......but I kinda agree of the DREAMING vs REALITY thing...also with BHK & Sora.

PPL SHOULD READ THIS THEORY!!!!! IT ROX!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Foxx5

That was the best theory I've heard out anyone from anywhere ever. It's so in depth and It's seriously pure genious mixed with a load of philosophy. I, personally, could strongly agree with that idea, and I think it would make a GREAT storyline for KH2. If this is what square-enix (and Disney) put into their work, I should pay more attention. I love all the symbolism ideas too:D. I don't see why people don't read the whole thing, it's genious. Great thinking.

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
BunnyCupCakes said:
I'm not really good with explaining things & pointing things out......or making theories but I'll give u a compliment Zeal( if no1 minds>_>)

I absolutely LOVE everything u typed!!!!! At first, when I glanced at it, I was like amazed that some1 wrote so much for a theory, but what the heck!!!! I read ALL of it & I loved how u explained the most simpliest matters of all. I never really thought before either.....well....alittle.....^_^

Yeah, I was thinking that this was all a dream of Sora but some say it's Kairi's dream really.......

;) Yep, that was me! I came up with the idea that I had to rethink my own theory when I read the passion lyrics the first time. Because it fits so nicely. I still believe that the beach Kairi stands on in the trailers is the real world and even maybe (look at the sky) might be a part of Twilight Town. Somewhere in the latest spoilerific news it was even said that BHK's friends are also Kairi's friends.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
Zeal said:
;) Yep, that was me! I came up with the idea that I had to rethink my own theory when I read the passion lyrics the first time. Because it fits so nicely. I still believe that the beach Kairi stands on in the trailers is the real world and even maybe (look at the sky) might be a part of Twilight Town. Somewhere in the latest spoilerific news it was even said that BHK's friends are also Kairi's friends.

BHK's friends are also Kairi's FRIENDS........?
Whoa, I have NOT heard about that one....:confused:
Did I miss something....-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back