• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fate - Riku x Tifa

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitti-Kat x3

A/N: Sorry for the delay!! I was sick. XD Anyways, hope you like this chapter. Enjoy...

-Chapter 3-

Riku's POV

My classmates are walking on the sidewalk, on their way back home from school. They're all around me, chatting idly, laughing and planning out what to do tonight. I walk ahead and ignore them, eager to be alone.

I hear one of them, Axel, muttering something about me. Then, their conversation turns into whispers. I roll my eyes to myself, not bothering with them. It's so obvious they're gossiping about me.

As I'm turning around the corner to my house, I spot a familiar girl waiting for me at the doorstep. I stop and grimace at her figure.

She has her arms crossed, her feet are tapping on the floor impatiently. She's obviously waiting for me.

Larxene. My ex-girlfriend.

Slowly, I turn around, praying that she won't notice me. Just as my foot touches the ground again, though, her head turns around swiftly to my direction.

"Riku! There you are!”

My shoulders slump down in defeat, and I curse under my breath. I've been caught. She's always been sharp. It's not easy to escape the nuisance that is Larxene, believe me.

I turn around slowly to look at her, purposely trying to maintain the annoyed expression on my face.

"What do you want?” I hiss darkly, my eyes filled with pure hatred and resentment.

Her lips form into a playful - but smug – smile. I scowl deeper in reponse. She's up to something.

"Oh, nothing... I'm just here to see my beloved boyfriend...” She coos out, gracefully, and almost seductively – if not for the fact that her acts and lies can't fool me anymore, I have become, through the hard way, immune to Larxene's hypnotic spell – walks to my direction.

I watch her warily, preparing to push her off if she ever assaults me, like she always does.

"I'm not your boyfriend anymore, bitch. Ever since you decided to cheat on me with my best friend behind my back!” I say with venom.

Because of her, Sora and I stopped being friends. Kairi broke up with Sora. And now... now... I... won't ever be able to apologize to Sora...

That bitch ruined a friendship of a life-time. I feel like I want to kill her right now, but I decide that she's not worth the trouble.

Her expression darkens a bit, but she composes herself, and carries on with the rest of her charade.

"But, Riku, hon,” I almost shudder with disgust at her attempt at flirting with me, “Sora was the one who made a move on m--”

"SHUT UP!!” I bellow at her instinctively, “DON'T DARE SAY HIS NAME!!”

She shivers abruptly at my sudden outburst, and her expression turns twisted and hateful. The true Larxene resurfaces at last.

"You'll regret this,” she says in a quiet, eerie whisper before leaving, her eyes still glaring as she passes by me. I return her glare until she turns around the corner and leaves entirely.

I sigh out tiredly, then make my way to my house, my thoughts focused only on my lost best friend... Sora.

It's been a year since I last saw him. I witnessed Larxene kissing Sora in some party, and, being the idiot that I am, instantly concluded that Sora betrayed me. I didn't realize, I was too foolishly in love, and under the spell of Larxene, who convinced me that Sora is the one who made the first move on her.

Sora tried so many times to explain what happened to me. But I was a fool. I let Larxene brainwash me. I cursed at Sora with every name under the sun, told him I regretted the past 17 years I spent with him. I guess that cut him so deeply. I can still remember his expression, so vividly; he was hurt and near tears.

Kairi broke up with him soon after. She was just as fooled as I was. Both of us abandoned Sora. Kairi thought it was my fault, that I was a bad influence on her boyfriend, so she didn't speak to me, either.

Days passed by, Sora still tried to bring us back together, he visited me regularly. Stubbornly waited for me in front of my house everyday, said he wouldn't move till I've forgiven him. But I ignored him every time.

Then weeks passed, Sora looked pathetic and miserable. He looked tired as well, his hair messier than usual, his face consumed with loneliness. He also looked like he didn't sleep for days. He lost his appetite and he got very skinny, too.

I remember that his mother called me and practically begged me to forgive him. But I was an arrogant fool. I didn't. I was stubborn. And though I found Sora's countless ridiculous attempts at making me forgive him funny, I still didn't bother to laugh, to show him that I'm not completely angry at him. I admit that I was horrible toward him. The bitch, Larxene, was still having ultimate control over me.

And then it happened. On his way to my house, Sora died in a car accident. He was exhausted and sleepy and lost control over the car.

The news completely drained the life out of me. I didn't come out of my room for days. I didn't even attend his funeral. I cut ties with everyone I knew. Firstly with Larxene, of course. I felt empty and dead. I completely loathed myself. I couldn't understand why people I knew felt sympathy for me. I'm the villain here!

If I didn't fight with Sora... if I never listened to the witch and let her brainwash me...

It was frustrating. Sora and I, through all our lives, never faught like this. And the time I decided to fight with him was just before he died. Life is unfair.

Kairi went into a state of depression, but she stayed with me, tried to help me through this, but her grief was too much and she couldn't stand staying there – in Destiny Islands, where we used to live - anymore, so her family moved out not too long after.

And now, I moved here, in Hollow Bastion.

Larxene moved in here with her brothers, too. I can never get rid of her, it seems. And she is still trying to get back with me. But I'd rather die then get back with her. I hate her more than I hate myself.

I shake off the bitter memories, and trudge heavily toward my house. I'm not thrilled to get in there, either. Sephiroth – my father - barely ever comes home, and when he does, it gets pretty hectic in there. Mom is always off somewhere, too.

I'm the only one you'll find in the house most of the time. Kadaj – my older brother – is out with his gang during the whole day, and only comes back late at night, drunk.

I walk inside – the house is quiet and peaceful. That means no one is home at the moment, which is nothing new. I get upstairs to my room, toss my bag on the floor and threw myself at the bed, my eyes fixed on the ceiling. I sigh out heavily. Nothing to do. Like usual.

When Sora was around... we used to hurry home from school and play video games in my room everyday. Now my console is dusty from neglect. Maybe broken, too. But I don't care. Fun is something I didn't have for a year now. I'm probably punishing myself, or something. But honestly, how can I have fun...? My life sucks.

Slowly, I fall alseep.

Later, I wake up and realize it's late because it's pretty dark outside. I get reminded to do my home work. And, as soon as my thoughts drift to school – I think of a certain blackhaired teacher with inhuman strength. I chuckle to myself when I remember the last scene I had with her. It's been a long time since I laughed, I find it as an unfamiliar reaction. That's when I feel guilt sweep through me.

How can I laugh, how can I just... let it go, and pretend that everything's OK when it's not.

Sora, my childhood friend, died. And it's mostly, if not all, because of me. I was the cause of his misery before his death. I separated Kairi from her love. I told him horrible things. And now, I can't even let him know that he doesn't have to be forgiven. I'm the one who needs to be forgiven. But do I honestly deserve it...?

I shoot up from bed, trying to shake of these thoughts, which have been haunting me for months now, and try to distract myself instead. So I take out my cell phone, and grimace when I notice that the background picture is of me and Larxene. I make a mental note to change it soon.

I dial Roxas' number. He picks it up at the second ring.

“Riku! What's up, man?” He asks with enthusiasm, I can hear familiar voices in the background. He's probably hanging out with the gang.

"Nothing much. Just wondering what you guys are up to,” I tell him casually.

"Oh, we're just hanging out at my place.” In the background, I hear Axel's voice pressuring Roxas to invite me over.

“Uhm, you can come join us, if you want,” Roxas adds, though his voice sounds sure that I will reject the offer.

Ever since I moved in here, and they knew my story – gossip spreads fast I guess - they've been trying to get me with them, to pull me out of my solitude, but I always rejected their offers, so they left me alone.

"OK,” I answer simply, smirking to myself. I can already picture their reactions.

Silence.

"R-really?! You're coming over? Gr-great! We're all waiting for you!” I hear them whisper excitedly in the background, and roll my eyes to myself in response.

"Be there in a few,” I tell him and hang up.

X-X-X

Roxas wasn't kidding when he said they're all waiting for me.

Nearly the entire class is at Roxas' house, everyone adapting various positions in the living room, watching something on the TV, laughing and commenting over it.

That's how I entered the scene.

Roxas greets me to sit with them enthusiastically. Nearly everyone is acting friendly, trying to make me feel welcome. I greet them casually, and sit on one of the couches facing the TV.

Demyx is sitting right next to me, grinning goofily, his face is kinda bruised and bulgy. I hide a smirk. Remembering how brutally he was attacked by our inhuman teacher, twice. I was probably the only witness to the second assault, though. I stifle a snicker when I get reminded of the scene. She thought that no one saw her the second time. Heh...

I focus my eyes on the TV, curious on what the gang is watching, but then suddenly, Roxas turns off the TV with the remote control. Everyone groans and complains, shooting Roxas annoyed glares.

Roxas smiles apologetically, but then his eyes move to look at me. He has a camera in his hand. A very familiar camera...

"Uhm... S-sora, my cousin,” he explained to the gang, apparently so they won't be in the dark, “died a year ago...” I wince at the mention of it.

Axel shrugs quickly. “Yeah, we know the story, Rox. Now would you please turn the TV back on!?”

"Wait, I have something important to show you, well, mainly Riku,” Roxas explains patiently. My eyes narrow with wariness.

Everyone stays silent at the mention of me, perhaps interested.

So Roxas continues, “Uhm... Riku used to live in Destiny Island, where my cousin, Sora, lived. And they were best friends... When Sora died, his family offered to give his stuff to Riku, but Riku wouldn't have them, so they gave them to me instead...” then he motioned to the camera in his hands, and I finally recognized it. “This was Sora's. And inside,” he produced a cassette, “Is this cassette. I just felt that Riku needs to watch it...Since you finally decided to hang out, and all...” He tells me, grinning friendly, and makes his way to the TV, then puts in the cassette, and plays it.

I'm still on the couch, calm, but as soon as the video plays, I stare at it intently. Everyone around me is awkwardly watching along. Quiet, and only interested in my reaction.

My eyes widen a bit in recognition. I remember this. It was three years ago. Sora, Kairi, Tidus, Wakka, Selphie and I were camping in our favorite playground island. Sora just got his new camera on his birthday and was overly excited about it. So he kept filming every tiny thing we did. It was annoying, him following us all over the place with the camera – I remember that I felt like breaking it, but I didn't want to ruin his birthday present – and he didn't bother to help us with anything.

The video starts with Sora recording Kairi and Selphie cooking lunch on the camp fire. The frame was shaking violently, and it was impossible to see straight. He was such a clumsy camera man. I find myself smiling at the memory.

"This is Selphie,” Sora spoke, and I frown at the fact that I missed his stupid voice annoying the hell out of me everyday. “She's all about romantic stuff, and when she talks, she'll never shut up.” Tidus snickered in the background.

Then the camera focuses – or tries to focus – on Kairi, standing next to Selphie. “Th-this is Kairi, my best friend and-”

"-the looove of my life.” Tidus added, poorly mimicking his voice.

Sora grumbled in the background, muttering something about editing this line later, and ran after Tidus, the scene is blurry and darting all over the place for a while, but you can - barely - see Tidus running for his life.

I snicker quietly at the scene. I wonder what was I doing during this...

Then, as if answering my question, the camera comes to a sudden stop when it finds a certain figure trying to set up the tent with Wakka. Me.

Tidus collided with the tent, and it crashed down. I growled, cursing at Tidus. Wakka only groaned, his shoulders slumping dejectedly.

Sora laughed to himself, glad he filmed this, apparently. Then, the camera fixes on my figure trying to set the tent back up.

In reality, I lose sense of all that's going on around me and stare more intently at the screen.

“This is Ri-ku,” Sora said in his happy-go-lucky voice, “My bestest friend in the whooole wide world!”

I feel my chest tighten on me.

"He's a cold arrogant jerk, but that's why I love him!” He snickered to himself when my figure in the video turned swiftly to glare at him. "Quit messing around and be useful for once!” Sora only chuckled more in reponse.

In that instance, I feel that I can't keep watching this anymore. It's too much. It's like Sora meant to video-tape this to torture me. It's like something is squeezing at my heart so hard that...

Suddenly, the TV is turned off. Roxas appears right in front of me. I wonder how I didn't notice him come...

"Riku, are you OK?” He asks, worry evident in his face. Everyone is looking at me with the same expression.

I'm curious on why are they so worried about nothing, but right then, I sense something wet on my right cheek...

A tear...

I'm actually crying.

Holy...

I take my leave quickly, springing out the couch and making my way out the house. I hear Roxas shouting at me to wait and apologizing for something, but I ignore him and walk faster.

It's raining outside. Raining bad. But I don't care. I don't feel anything right now. I don't even know where I'm going.

I cross the street to the other side. I notice a car speeding this way, though it's too hard to see with all that heavy rain. I think that I better hurry across or I'll get squished.

But then, as I reach the middle of the street, the idea of dying doesn't seem all that bad. Maybe I should just... stick here and die...

So I stop and wait for it to end me...

X-X-X

Tifa's POV

I'm driving home back from school. I should have returned to my apartment earlier. But I stuck around to correct some papers. To be honest, I just found it as a way to distract myself from the Cloud issue.

God, I feel worn out!

I notice that it's raining badly, and it's very hard to see in the road. This gloomy atmosphere makes me think about various thoughts that haunted my mind these past weeks.

Cloud rejecting me...

Me earning the new nickname nobody dares to tell me in front of my face in the office... Ms. Loveless. Yuffie was the one who broke the news to me. She also said that the female majority in the office are probably just jealous of me.

Yeah right. What's there to be jealous about?

My eyes almost bulge out when I come close to ramming a person standing like a stone in the middle of the street. I hit the brakes violently and stop just in time.

The person didn't bother to move an inch. I breathe out in horror – the fact that I was so close to killing a person.

Then I feel anger rush into me.

WHO is this stupid, idiotic, foolish suicidal person...?!

XXX

Next chapter: What will Tifa do to Mr. Suicidal? XD Riku and Tifa meet once again.

XXX

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back